• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
WWE upset with No Way Out's Buyrate

No Way Out did a disappointing buyrate, with a first company estimate of just under 200,000 buys. WWE were expecting an above-average buyrate on the back of the 'dream team' main event of John Cena & Shawn Michaels vs. Batista & The Undertaker. The card also had Bobby Lashley vs. Ken Kennedy, so the main stars from all three brands were represented in keeping with the recent decision to feature Raw, Smackdown and ECW on all 16 PPVs.

That decision had arisen from Vince McMahon's recent concern over the success or lack thereof from the single-brand PPVs, which he began to express after Cyber Sunday and increased tenfold after December to Dismember. The 'big nine' stars, listed as Cena, Michaels, Batista, Undertaker, Triple H, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and Lashley will now be on virtually every PPV, supplemented by workers on the level of Kane, Booker and Kennedy, while those on the level of Paul London & Brian Kendrick will be featured less on PPV, subsequently pushed less on TV, and be in line for fewer bonuses as a result. As well as the wrestling talent, all three announce teams are expected to work every PPV show too.

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
Thats what you get when you put on a shit show. The show was filled with obvious outcomes. Lashley vs Kennedy...now come on. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the winner of that match. You knew Helms wasn't going to retain. I could see it coming a mile away...New team wins, and wins, and win...Then loses when a title is on the line, its been used before.

Basically shit show.

circle

Reaction score
WWE should just not put out monthly ppv's. I mean if they are looking at being o.k. with lower than expected buyrates that's fine, but all I keep hearing is how they are unhappy with buyrates being low, and then they raise the price???

All I have to say is WWE if you are unhappy with sales and ppv's not performing than do one every two months or 10 a year

Great One

How could they possibly be surprised for that... and expecting over average buy rates, WTF? No title match = no buys.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Wouldnt expect anything more from that crap PPV. There are 3 things that every PPV needs.

1. Good promos to the upcomming matches
2. A sold main event
3. A world title on the line in the main event.

Who wants a shitty tag match, please the WTTT wern't even on the line.. gay

the dark knight

worst fuckin ppv in pasr several years + worst fuckin wwe in of all time . WHERE'S TRIPLE H ??????????

MJ807

Reaction score
Triple H is injured... I'm sure he would have loved to have been there but his knee surgery did not permit it.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
If Triple H didn't get hurt he would have been in the same role as Shawn Micheal is now.(Since there were rumors of a HHH-Cena II match at WM this year).

But I agree with you's No Way Out sucked ass.Not even Triple H would have made it better.

We had Paul London and Brian Kendrick face Double D for the 5th time,Finlay & Little Basterd vs Boogeyman & Little Boogeyman,And a WWE Diva Talent Invitational.

Really did WWE expect to do 1 millions buys with that card?

the dark knight

Triple H is injured... I'm sure he would have loved to have been there but his knee surgery did not permit it.

i know man am just sayin i missed him and trust me if he wasnt injured the storylines would've been much better . even the promos for BOTB would've been better .

Kool Aid Man

Reaction score
No Way Out sucked more balls than 5 guys in the bathroom at a gay bar! It was so boring I just stopped watching the stream after one hour! lol

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
im happy i never ordered it...its not really no way outs fault becuase once there is a no 1 contender after RR that gives them a WM title match that pretty much means that No Way Out is goona be doomed every year and thats why i never order it cuz it always sucks and everythings predictable going into WM

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

- The Wrestling Observer reports that there has been talk of adding a new WWE TV show before RAW on the USA Network. The new show would be something like a countdown show similar to what the NFL does before games.
Not quite sure how they would do this exactly without it being something pretty boring like having the commentators talk about the show.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Probably like Heat before ppvs. Recaps, interviews, and perhaps a preliminary match before Raw kicks off.

USA likely will keep trying to get some WWE in that slot since they have wanted Raw to be 3 hours full time for years and TE did well in the before and after raw spots.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That could work instead of doing dark matches they can just have that and can get people on Raw who usually can't get on the show IE: Ryder.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd be all for a countdown show before a PPV, but I don't see the point in the show before RAW. The majority of it will be made up of video packages highlighting what happened last week on RAW which we will then see throughout RAW.