New Scribe Assembled for SHORT CIRCUIT Reboot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
In 1986, Number Johnny 5 rolled onto screens and struck a chord with audiences. In 1988, the sentient robot appeared on screen once more in the family-friendly sequel. It’s been over twenty years since a Short Circuit feature has graced our theaters, but that’s all about to change. Having secured director Tim Hill (Hop) but losing Robot Chicken writer, Dan Milano, Dimension Films was in the market for a new scribe. Enter Matt Lieberman, a recent graduate of the Disney writers program. The writer and director are expected to churn out a fresh installment of the 1980’s franchise, unless of course the project becomes disassembled once more. Shooting is scheduled to begin late this year with a release date of Summer 2013. Hit the jump to see the full press release.
DIMENSION FILMS HIRES SCRIBE MATT LIEBERMAN FOR SHORT CIRCUIT
New York, NY, February 2, 2012 – Dimension Films announced today that they have hired Matt Lieberman to pen their family film SHORT CIRCUIT. Lieberman will work closely with already attached director Tim Hill (HOP, ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS) in the reimagining of the 80s classic. Lieberman is a recent alumni of the Disney writers program. Details of the new take are currently being kept under wraps.

“Dimension has had great success with the SPY KIDS family series which grossed over $500 million worldwide,â€￾ said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company (TWC). “We are looking for SHORT CIRCUIT to be our next family franchise and are excited to be working with Matt Lieberman and Tim Hill, who has had great International success with HOP and ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS.â€￾

David Foster, who produced the original, is producing with Ryan E. Heppe, John Hyde and Brian Manis.

Shooting is scheduled for the end of the year with a release in Summer 2013.

The deal was negotiated for Dimension Films by Adrian Lopez, VP of Business and Legal and Matthew Signer, SVP of Production and Creative Affairs; for the filmmakers by Brad Rosenfeld at Preferred Artists and Melissa Rogal at Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman, Inc.. Lieberman is represented by Rosenfeld, Rogal and Adam Kolbrenner at Madhouse.

Another Reboot. Leave Johny 5 dead. He was fine in the 80's we don't need another.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ha, I don't mind this reboot either, its not like the original was some great and wonderful film that set the world on fire. They need Fisher Stevens to come back as a white man playing an Indian though.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I say no thank you on this one. I actually hated Short Circuit so I am not going to like this one. Unless Natalie Portman is cast in Ally Sheedy's role and she somehow has sex with Johnny 5. I would probably watch it then.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I say no thank you on this one. I actually hated Short Circuit so I am not going to like this one. Unless Natalie Portman is cast in Ally Sheedy's role and she somehow has sex with Johnny 5. I would probably watch it then.

I'm with you, I thought the original was pretty pathetic, but it did have some laughs. If Portman fucks Johnny 5 it would make the reboot almost as good as Breaking Dawn.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I'm with you, I thought the original was pretty pathetic, but it did have some laughs. If Portman fucks Johnny 5 it would make the reboot almost as good as Breaking Dawn.

And we need to see the goods in this one all of them. I would imagine the would cast Jim Carrey in Steve Guttenburgs role too along with Kal Penn in Fisher Stevens role.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I doubt Carrey would do it, I could see it being Jonah Hill though. And no, I don't want Penn, he's actually Indian, I want it to be another non-Indian playing an Indian, its more fun that way.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I doubt Carrey would do it, I could see it being Jonah Hill though. And no, I don't want Penn, he's actually Indian, I want it to be another non-Indian playing an Indian, its more fun that way.

How about his partner from Harold and Kumar. I could also see Jason Biggs doing the role of Steve Guttenburg or Sean William Scott

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I don't think anyone in their right mind should do it. If you pour syrup on shit, it doesn't make it pancakes.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Fuck you all, Short Circuit was awesome.

May this reboot rot in hell though.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk