New Promotion Founded by Jeff Jarrett and Toby Keith in the works?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
During tonight's podcast which you can check out at MLW.com, former TNA and WCW star Konnan told listeners that he had a recent talk with Jeff Jarrett regarding his TNA departure, and Jarrett informed Konnan that TNA is in really bad shape right now, and he neither knows nor cares if the promotion will make it through the year.

Konnan then revealed that Jarrett told him he will be making a big announcement this week regarding a new project, and that it's likely to be a new promotion with partner Toby Keith.

As we have reported in the past, Keith was the celebrity name rumored to be in talks with TNA about purchasing the promotion, but when those talks fell through, Jarrett announced his resignation from TNA shortly after.
Source: Wrestlezone

I guess they thought the TNA brand was too far gone to try and rebuild it, eh? Thoughts?

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
WrestleZone said:
During tonight's podcast which you can check out at MLW.com, former TNA and WCW star Konnan told listeners that he had a recent talk with Jeff Jarrett regarding his TNA departure, and Jarrett informed Konnan that TNA is in really bad shape right now, and he neither knows nor cares if the promotion will make it through the year.

Konnan then revealed that Jarrett told him he will be making a big announcement this week regarding a new project, and that it's likely to be a new promotion with partner Toby Keith.

As we have reported in the past, Keith was the celebrity name rumored to be in talks with TNA about purchasing the promotion, but when those talks fell through, Jarrett announced his resignation from TNA shortly after.

In what could be a hint that Jim Ross might be involved in the new promotion, (but could also be completely unrelated to Jarrett and his announcement) JR recently noted on Twitter that he had a meeting with a "major sports concern." In what could further be an indication that Ross might be involved in the Jarrett/Keith announcement, JR posted the following on Twitter:

01 Jan Stuart Platt @Judge1979 @JRsBBQ Meeting with Toby Keith eh? Maybe him and @JeffJarrettTNA have an offer you can't refuse? #conspiracytheory

Jim Ross ✔ @JRsBBQ Follow “@Judge1979: @JRsBBQ Meeting with Toby Keith eh? Maybe him and @JeffJarrettTNA have an offer you can't refuse? #conspiracytheory” Hmm.

I'm hoping that's the announcement Jarrett has to make, the promotion could have a ton of potential if done right.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
I guess they thought the TNA brand was too far gone to try and rebuild it, eh? Thoughts?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Keith and Jarrett wanted to buy out TNA from the Carters because they indeed wanted to rebuild it again, and get TNA rid of the Carter Family. By buying TNA, you already have everything set in place and much to worry about: you have TV deal on national TV, 40 wrestlers roster, a place to tape etc etc.

When Carters didn't want to sell it to Keith//Jarrett, the latter two probably said when they don't want to sell it, lets start a new promotion then.

Jarrett wanted TNA without the Carters, but that's a no go. He'll simply open up a new promotion without them, Jarrett is the man.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
http://pwtalk.net/jeff-jarrett-opening-new-promotion/

I banged up a quick post speculating on what this could mean for TNA and what types of talents the promotion could look to bring in

Good list. Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Devon, Scott Steiner, Tommy Dreamer, AAA talent, W-1 talent.... Also worth noting. Jarrett is friends and in a good relationship with a LOTS (and really LOTS) of people in pro wrestling, and is much respected. #SlapnutsIsAGod

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
That makes no sense whatsoever. Keith and Jarrett wanted to buy out TNA from the Carters because they indeed wanted to rebuild it again, and get TNA rid of the Carter Family. By buying TNA, you already have everything set in place and much to worry about: you have TV deal on national TV, 40 wrestlers roster, a place to tape etc etc.

When Carters didn't want to sell it to Keith//Jarrett, the latter two probably said when they don't want to sell it, lets start a new promotion then.

Jarrett wanted TNA without the Carters, but that's a no go. He'll simply open up a new promotion without them, Jarrett is the man.

I probably posted that fairly ignorantly, but from what I understand they don't currently have a place to tape and they may be dropped from Spike if Spike indeed does buy Smackdown or RAW (which is apparently a possibility). Plus, they're getting worse and worse house show and taping attendances. At that point, isn't it a better choice to start from the ground and slowly build up rather than buy what is practically a dying brand name simply because of its roster? Plus, aren't multiple top-talent contracts expiring or expired in there like Sting? What about AJ Styles?

Again, perhaps fairly ignorant from me. Haven't kept in the loop of things that much recently.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This rumor excites me. A new major company is what the business in America needs. There are so many talented guys out there who deserve the opportunities. It might not shake up WWE but it can most certainly shake up ROH and TNA, forcing them to step it up. Maybe even one or two top indys.

If Keith is involved I am almost 100% sure it will air on the country music network.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I wouldn't be surprised if a couple talents from TNA would switch over to their promotion, and I'm willing to bet AJ would most likely be apart of it.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
yea that part never seemed likely

I've been reading JR's blog and stuff a lot lately, so true. The guy just doesn't seem to be really invested into anything tbh. Plus he's old and half-sick, imagine him running around backstage or something. Or heck, even doing commentary bi-weekly or so