New Main Event Mafia

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't understand the logic at all with this group. Magnus was another one that was there the night that Sting was attacked and no-one helped. Sting said he was going to bring in people that would actually help him and yet he chooses guys that were there but didn't help. Makes no sense at all. I like Magnus and think that he has a ton of potential but I don't know if this will help him.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I didn't know Magnus was a former world champion and has been in the main event scene.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TNA really haven't thought this group through. They need to explain what this group actually is since it isn't just for maineventers and it also includes guys that Sting said wouldn't be in the group.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ What a shambles!

CGS

Reaction score
Didn't TNA tease something between Rampage and Angle to begin with? What the hell happened to that?

Honestly TNA should have never tried to rehase this. It worked well the first time because they actually had a great team to work with and all were legit main eventers. Now it just feels like a bad remake.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Rampage? Really? Rampage? yeah this group is nothing.

NEXT!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Didn't TNA tease something between Rampage and Angle to begin with? What the hell happened to that?

Honestly TNA should have never tried to rehase this. It worked well the first time because they actually had a great team to work with and all were legit main eventers. Now it just feels like a bad remake.

That is another good point. Just another TNA storyline that they have forgotten about.

This is looking more and more like a mistake.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
And what is sad now is they have to run with it. We have to believe that all these people that wouldn't join forces, now are even though they weren't goin' to are gonna destroy A&8s. I'd say at this point A&8s should bury them but they've had their substantial run and probably should be defeated at Bound For Glory but this "plan" TNA came up with seems rushed and not even thoroughly looked at. I mean why bother? I don't see why they couldn't have came up with a better way for A&8s to eventually fall.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This is such a joke. Why not just reform the damn Frontline? Would have been a lot better, that way they could have mid card guys and not look like assholes with the name.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
While Magnus may seem an odd choice to this kind of group, at least he does add something different and I was pretty impressed with his promo when they introduced him.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The biggest issue I had with the original MEM was they never elevated anyone. I feel the success of any stable is always measured by that factor.

Having Magnus atleast adds someone to the group that can get more exposure, and the rub from working with main eventers like Angle & Sting.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
MEM were the focal point too much last time, TNA never put any effort into building up someone/a rival faction to stop them instead just focused on making MEM look as cool as possible.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In the end MEM should have put over Frontline and allowed them to end the group. MEM should have dominated early but then eventually the young group start to get the better of them, start winning their titles and then finally win one big Lethal Lockdown match to dissolve MEM. When they added the World Elite to the MEM stable things became too messy with the feud and the group just faded away in the end.

This time it does look like there is a much better chance of some young talent getting a rub from within the group.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The odd thing about this MEM is that they are faces, to me that just doesn't fit the group. I do think like others have said that Mangus could get a lift from being around those guys.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The odd thing about this MEM is that they are faces, to me that just doesn't fit the group. I do think like others have said that Mangus could get a lift from being around those guys.
Why wouldn't they be faces, they're going after Ace's & Eights..