New Joshi Promotion Set To Open On US Soil

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

BRAND NEW JAPANESE WOMEN'S WRESTLING PROMOTION PLANNING NYC LAUNCH THIS FALL​

By Mike Johnson on 2023-07-06 12:03:00
In a very interesting development, PWInsider.com has learned there are plans to launch a new Japanese Women's wrestling promotion in the United States.

We have confirmed that the roster for the promotion will be all Japanese-based talents coming into the States. This would be a completely new entity utilizing women from existing Japanese promotions running their own events here in the States.

We have also heard that the plan is to set this promotion apart from other entities by upping the production end beyond just in-ring wrestling in order to create a different "atmosphere" to the events that feels like authentic Joshi wrestling but also raises its profile to larger audiences outside just a pro wrestling audience. To do this, we are told the group behind the company has invested significant resources, and enlisted notable names spanning entertainment, media, wrestling, and fashion as part of its front office.

While we are still working to confirm additional details, we have heard from a venue that this promotion has booked a September date in New York City for its debut event.

We are working to confirm additional details, so more as we get it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Stardom Strong :p

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Can't even get a Women's promotion over in the US, but an even more niche promotion will work? :okay

And based off the initial reaction and subsequent use of "Joshi" talent in AEW when they launched.....yeeeeeeah.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Then don't watch it weirdo

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I wasn't going to idiot.....I'm just saying it's going to fail.

Just because you like something, doesn't mean EVERYONE will or should.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Well I watch more Joshi Wrestling than the average person has seen for sure so this will be on my Radar for sure. I could always add in another Joshi Company to the already 5 or 6 I watch Week to Week.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'll be happy just to watch any Joshi airing live at a time I can reasonably catch it + live english coms sounds nice too

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
What an extremely vague piece of news :lol Cool shit though. Will be interesting to see if this project actually makes some headway beyond the initial hype.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
What an extremely vague piece of news :lol Cool shit though. Will be interesting to see if this project actually makes some headway beyond the initial hype.
lol yeah its weird they wont even divulge who is running it but ig we shall see lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The iconic Bull Nakano is returning to the world of professional wrestling. According to a new report from PWInsider, Nakano will be involved in the recently-revealed, currently-unnamed wrestling promotion set to debut in the coming months.

Word of this new promotion first emerged last week, with the company said to be based around bringing Japanese women's wrestling to the United States. The company's first show is reportedly taking place in New York City this September, but it's currently unknown who will be involved other than Nakano.

Nakano retired from wrestling full-time in 1996, but the former WWF World Women's Champion has made a couple of brief in-ring appearances in recent years. Still, the new report states that Nakano will be involved behind the scenes and in a non-wrestling role on the show itself, making it unlikely she steps back into the ring.

While details on this new promotion are still mostly under wraps, the original PWInsider report stated that the promotion's goal was to offer a higher standard of production values compared to a typical independent promotion. It remains to be seen if there is any kind of television or streaming deal in place, and all details that have been released so far are unofficial reports. With September coming up quickly, this new promotion will likely need to make things official soon.

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/133524...dly-confirmed-new-japanese-wrestling-startup/