New Japan World Breaks 20,000 Subscribers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
New Japan World has surpassed 20,000 users according to an announcement put out a few days ago. The Japanese equivalent to the WWE Network launched in December and has found a niche for American wrestling fans wanting an alternative from the top domestic promotions.It is available to all international audiences for $8.49 US.
PWInsider

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Good for them. I keep forgetting to subscribe but the old content alone is worth it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Do you think it's more worth the money than the network?
They're both worth the money, but if you're only going to pick one then you have to go for what floats your boat more. I'd say a lot more people prefer WWE-style to Puro, so that should help in deciding what to spend their dollars on.

The language barrier is an issue for a lot of people as well, though I even enjoyed Puro commentary before I understood what they were saying.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I have thought about getting it but I haven't looked to much into it

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
They're both worth the money, but if you're only going to pick one then you have to go for what floats your boat more. I'd say a lot more people prefer WWE-style to Puro, so that should help in deciding what to spend their dollars on.

The language barrier is an issue for a lot of people as well, though I even enjoyed Puro commentary before I understood what they were saying.
Don't they have English commentary at some PPV's? I know they did at Wrestle Kingdom 9.

I wonder how much bringing in a full English commentary team would benefit them.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think WrestleKingdom is the only PPV with English commentary. Their show on AXS TV (formerly HDNet) has English commentary as well. Adding it to everything else would definitely improve their subscribers, but they'll need to crunch numbers to determine the cost effectiveness of that before doing so.

Tbh people have gotten by watching Puro for years without understanding what the commentators are saying, so it shouldn't hurt the numbers of existing fans signing up. It would be more to entice new viewers than anything else.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I think WrestleKingdom is the only PPV with English commentary. Their show on AXS TV (formerly HDNet) has English commentary as well. Adding it to everything else would definitely improve their subscribers, but they'll need to crunch numbers to determine the cost effectiveness of that before doing so.

Tbh people have gotten by watching Puro for years without understanding what the commentators are saying, so it shouldn't hurt the numbers of existing fans signing up. It would be more to entice new viewers than anything else.
I have always heard good things about NJPW but never watched it myself really, the English commentary to me is quite a big thing. I am not sure why I just like it so adding it would entice me, not sure about others though.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I have always heard good things about NJPW but never watched it myself really, the English commentary to me is quite a big thing. I am not sure why I just like it so adding it would entice me, not sure about others though.
Try finding some of the WrestleKingdom matches and see what you think. JR helps a lot by being a familiar voice plus Nakamura/Ibushi and Tanahashi/Okada tear the house down.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Try finding some of the WrestleKingdom matches and see what you think. JR helps a lot by being a familiar voice plus Nakamura/Ibushi and Tanahashi/Okada tear the house down.
I will do that soon for sure, I know Striker is on commentary and I have always quite liked him so it will be good to see how he does with JR.