• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I feel like most title matches in New Japan are practically No DQ anyways but yeah I feel you Chris. :lol

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons

Even though I love Shingo and Tanahashi I don't understand why make the title change. Shingo has been one of your most consistent workers especially since Covid and you have him drop his title to Tana to feud with Great O Khan give me a break. That win even in a great Match feels like when Tana won the Revpro title over Sabre it meant nothing and they had him drop it back to Sabre JR less than a Month later.

BigCy

Shingo/Tanahashi was one of the best matches I've seen and will definitely be a MOTY contender for 2021. Glad to see Mox back, now hopefully he either commits to a regular NJPW schedule or drops the gold.

Even though I love Shingo and Tanahashi I don't understand why make the title change. Shingo has been one of your most consistent workers especially since Covid and you have him drop his title to Tana to feud with Great O Khan give me a break. That win even in a great Match feels like when Tana won the Revpro title over Sabre it meant nothing and they had him drop it back to Sabre JR less than a Month later.

Yeah I was a little meh about the change but the match was so good I didn't care. Going forward though I'm hoping Tanahashi gets a decent length reign and Shingo moves on to bigger and better things. I half thought that if Shingo dropped the Openweight Title that he would make it to the finals (and possibly win) NJ Cup.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
O'Khan def shouldn't beat Tanahashi if he's the first defense that's for sure. As for the change, I don't mind it to pad Tana's stats and also if they bump Shingo up the card as well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Here's the full lineup for Strong this week:
  • Jon Moxley to appear
  • Rey Horus vs. TJP
  • Bateman, Misterioso, Adrian Quest & Jordan Clearwater vs. Brody King, Barrett Brown, Sterling Riegel & Logan Riegel
  • Kevin Knight vs. The DK
Moxley vs KENTA for the title has also been confirmed for the New Beginnings USA episode on February 26th

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Yeah crossing my fingers you guys are right about Shingo moving up in the World. I thought last Year it would be that same thing happening to him and it didn't happen. With the NJ Cup and G1 you will need a fresh guy to win it versus Ibushi and he's the perfect man for the job.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Wait so all that and Jay White just returns at a Road to New Beginnings show after a month :slip:

Yeah talk about a let down I thought for sure he was leaving. Just back to doing to what he was doing before the huge loss to Ibushi.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
nbsixmantag.jpg

Confirmed 6-man title match...also I hear Jay White has been referring to him and GOD as the "real Bullet Club" :mj haven't some other chaps said that same line recently

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
7LYYFeMl.png

ON New Japan STRONG THIS WEEK!

Put in the Bank people Rush beats ELP and thus will start knocking on Hiromu's Door asking for a title shot of his own!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
:lmao so I always skim through the results on f4wonline when I know I'm not gonna catch up on NJPW shows within the next day or two just to see if there's anything I wanna watch immediately and the dude writing the one for yesterday's said he just couldn't advocate for them anymore bc they've been so bad lately (even compared to previous tour shows that are never special), and the results posted today are just the matches and the finish...no detail :slip: I think dude quit