• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well just got done watching Dominion, which I am giving a 7 rating to altogether. I'll put my thoughts in spoiler below.

David Finlay, Juice Robinson and Jay White vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima and Manabu Nakanishi ** 1/2

This match didn't do much for me. It was pretty dull, although there were some good spots in it.

Togi Makabe, Yoshi Tatsu and Captain New Japan vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page **

Another routine six man tag match. Not even Adam Page, one of my favorite younger guys could make this match interesting for me. And the hanging gimmick is stupid as fuck.

Bushi and Sanada vs Tomohiro Ishii and Yoshi Hashi ** 1/2

This was a decent little tag match. It wasn't great but as I am not the biggest fan of tag matches, I found in entertaining. It was fast paced and Ishii and Yoshi Hashi won by submission.

Evil vs Hirooki Goto ***

First really entertaining match on the card. It was decently paced and some of the hits were pretty brutal. Enjoyed the chair shot from Evil early in the match. Bad night altogether for Los Ingobernables de Japón.

The Young Bucks vs ReDragon vs Rocky Romero and Berretta vs IWGP Jr Tag Champs Matt Sydal and Ricochet ****

I really enjoyed this match. I was a bit surprised the Young Bucks won it but a really fun match from start to finish.

Kushida vs Will Ospreay for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship ***

This wasn't as good as i was thinking it could have been but it was a good match. There were a lot of good moves but it was a bit tamer than I expected.

The Briscoes vs Tanga Roa and Tama Tonga for the IWGP Tag Team Championship ***

This was a decent match even though I couldn't have cared less about it. Had some good moves and i was a little invested in it. Of course then had to see Adam Page with that stupid hngman gimmick again when the Bullet Club came in but oh well.

Yuji Nagata vs Katsuyori Shibata for the Never Openweight Championship ****

I really enjoyed this match. Even with Okada winning the belt, this was MOTN for me. As is usual for the Never Openweight title matches, it was a lot of brutal hitting and kicking. There was some good storytelling in it and I like that Red Shoes was involved in it. Kinda surprised Nagata lost it in his first defense, but still it was a good match.

Michael Elgin vs Kenny Omega for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship ladder match **

Okay, first, I lved Red Shoes doing the "suck it" gesture to the Young Bucks. That was great.

Beyond that, if it wasn't for the ending of the match, with all of the interference, this match would have only been given one star. It was boring, long and genuinely what I expect from a Michael Elgin match. He is easily one of my least favorite wrestlers and it's a travesty that he is the IWGP IC champion. Blech.

Tetsuya Naito vs Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP Championship ***1/2

This wasn't the greatest match and I thought it was pretty slow at first. Naito's running dropkick on the entrance ramp was pretty cool, but so was Okada's reversal of the next one. I was actually a bit bored through half of this but it picked up towards the end. Okada really sold a lot of Naito's offense and really seemed more beat up than I've seen him in a while. All in all, I will probably rate the match higher than some others because Okada is my favorite and I definitely marked out when he got the belt back. Your IWGP Heavyweight Champion, Kazuchika Okada!

I know a lot of people online seemed upset that Naito dropped the belt back to Okada so quickly but honestly I don't care. I like Naito but Okada is my guy and I like having him at the top.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yoshi-Hashi tapping out Sanada was by far the best part of the entire show. Tacos getting a big win was a long time coming.

Also. Can the junior tag division just get lost? It's pretty clear that it is going nowhere and no thought is being put into it. Since 2013 there has been 11 title changes with the junior tag titles. 10 of them involving the four teams in the match today. I get that the teams produce good MOVES matches. But the division is not going anywhere and they are going to the well one time too many with this.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I plan on watching Dominion today. Don't know the card since I haven't watched since the beginning of Best of the Spot Monkeys. But I'll look it up :dawg:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good show.

CBA to watch multi-man tags, so I skipped 'em 'cause life is short.

Goto vs EVIL was good.

The Jr. tag match was alright for what it was, and then the title change happened and I just can't care.

KUSHIDA vs Ospreay was good. I liked their Invasion Attack match better, tbqh, and even though this one wasn't up to par with that one, it was still good.

GoD vs Dem Boys was solid. Dem Boys are the new tag champs, that's the only upside.

Shibata vs Nagata was great and MOTN for me. I loved it. The post-match stuff was cool, also.

Elgin vs Omega was good. Even though I'm not big on Big Mike, I think they made the right call with the title change. Hopefully KO gets inserted into the ME scene.

Okada vs Naito was a pretty good ME. I wasn't expecting a title change, tbh, but I also didn't hate the decision to take the belt off of Naito. They might be setting him up to win the G1 and head to The Dome next year to dethrone Okada.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah my thoughts on the JR tag match was that even though I liked the match, the outcome wasn't particularly interesting in any way and wouldn't have been regardless of which team won.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think this along with the Puro thread need to be stickied. They, along with the LU thread, are the most active threads in the section. Would be good to make them easy to find and easy to get to.

The match of the night for Dominion was NEVER title match. It had the stiff brawling, the dangerous moves but it also had a story and basic wrestling story telling. I loved it, and it was better than the Main Event. The Main Event isn't completely finished, but figured I'd put that out there.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I have to say, Michael Elgin really has made me a fan. His work alongside Hiroshi Tanahashi and against the Bullet Club has really showed his best work. I'm glad to see him attain the success he has attained, and I'll be super excited to see him on CMLL television, soon.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
My most hyped G1 matches.
XeMFB1b.jpg

Not Awesomenrh

The Artiste
Reaction score
This year's G1 should be great, the match I'm most excited for has to be Shibata/Nakajima. I'm worried about Tanahashi being in it though, I'm not sure if he'll be able to make it through the entire tournament.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This year's G1 schedule, just like last year's, is manic. Hopefully Tana can pull through. Naka worked through an injury last year, so hopefully Tana pulls it off, as well, without major problems.

A BLOCK

Togi Makabe
Satoshi Kojima
Tomohiro Ishii
Hirooki Goto
Bad Luck Fale
Naomichi Marufuji
Tama Tonga
SANADA
Kazuchika Okada
Hiroshi Tanahashi

B BLOCK

Katuyori Shibata
Yuji Nagata
Tomoaki Honma
Michael Elgin
Toru Yano
EVIL
Tetsuya Naito
Kenny Omega
Katsuhiko Nakajima
Yoshi-Hashi

New Japan has provided several of the key matches to hype many of the major shows.
7/18
Tanahashi vs Sanada
Okada vs Marufuji

7/22
Nagata vs Naito
Shibata vs Honma

7/23
Tanahashi vs Makabe
Okada vs Sanada

7/24
Shibata vs Nakajima
Honma vs Yoshi-Hashi

7/25
Makabe vs Sanada
Okada vs Goto

7/27
Yano vs Naito
Shibata vs Elgin

7/28
Ishii vs Marufuji
Goto vs Sanada

7/30
Elgin vs Omega
Shibata vs Naito

7/31
Makabe vs Marufuji
Tanahashi vs Goto

8/1
Yoshi-Hashi vs Nakajima
Honma vs Naito

8/3
Tanahashi vs Ishii
Makabe vs Okada

8/4
Nakajima vs Naito
Omega vs Shibata

8/6
Tanahashi vs Marufuji
Okada vs Ishii

8/7
Omega vs Nagata
Naito vs Evil

8/8
Ishii vs Sanada
Tanahashi vs Kojima

8/10
Honma vs Elgin
Shibata vs Nagata

8/12
Goto vs Marufuji
Tanahashi vs Okada

8/13
Shibata vs Evil
Naito vs Omega

Shibata or Naito FTW, plz.

EDIT: Holy shit, this thread's got 1000 posts! :)

Stopspot

Reaction score
Who the fuck wants Marufuji in the G1? Marufuji is garbage

Stopspot

Reaction score
Don't consider him garbage. He lacks any real appealing points character wise but is a good wrestler.
Can't say I agree. Maru has never been a good wrestler. He can do moves, flip about and such. But he's a shit wrestler and his spot would have been better served going to say Tenzan. Who actually cares enough to put in effort. Marufuji is the poster child for lazy wrestlers