New IWGP World Heavyweight Championship Belt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
So be honest guys, what do we think of this title? I have yet to hear on positive comment on it anywhere. What the hell were they thinking? "Oh the WWE Divas championship looked great, let's try that!"

1617922073147.png

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It's bad.

If it was about another 6 inches taller, I'd consider it a bit better. Also if the side plates were more shaped like the main plate.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
And you aren't going to hear a positive comment either. It's one thing to have an ugly title, it's a whole other thing to replace the best looking title today with an ugly title.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
I think it is one of the worst looking belts right now, absolute dogshit. Only above the WWE main roster tag belts and the 24/7 title. I look at this and I feel like I'm looking at one of the morphing devices from Power Rangers.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it's awful. For Japanese top title standards and especially with how the IWGP Heavyweight title looked before? Absolute dogshit. Gedo wants to Americanize NJPW, apparently not getting most of the Western fans watch NJPW because it's not an Americanized product

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I don't think it's awful. For Japanese top title standards and especially with how the IWGP Heavyweight title looked before? Absolute dogshit. Gedo wants to Americanize NJPW, apparently not getting most of the Western fans watch NJPW because it's not an Americanized product
What does a title like that have to do with Americanizing New Japan

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
What does a title like that have to do with Americanizing New Japan
Trying to get out of standard Japanese traditions. If you see a title like that in WWE to replace the whatever title you'd likely say it wouldn't matter as much. I think having a title like that shows that NJPW (or N-JPW, whichever you prefer) is trying to go into a more ''sports entertainment'' route, less logic regarding sports-based booking. It's all a slow process, from triple threats main eventing shows to now this. It's all a part of a bigger picture, a new way NJPW seems to be going with their product unfortunately. While NJPW undoubtedly has the best talent in the world, I might have to start watching NOAH or AJPW instead now to get my puro fix.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Trying to get out of standard Japanese traditions. If you see a title like that in WWE to replace the whatever title you'd likely say it wouldn't matter as much. I think having a title like that shows that NJPW (or N-JPW, whichever you prefer) is trying to go into a more ''sports entertainment'' route, less logic regarding sports-based booking. It's all a slow process, from triple threats main eventing shows to now this. It's all a part of a bigger picture, a new way NJPW seems to be going with their product unfortunately. While NJPW undoubtedly has the best talent in the world, I might have to start watching NOAH or AJPW instead now to get my puro fix.

Problem is they didn't Americanize the belt. They designed it after older Japanese belts.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It's been nice having some shred of credibility on this site but I think it's time I flush all that down that toilet because I think this belt looks sick. Granted, I do think it's a massive downgrade compared to the previous design, and I'd say it looks more like a mid-card championship than a World Championship but I like Power Rangers, those designs are sleek.

Reactions: Doxo and Crash