• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NEW IWGP Heavyweight Champion!

ImpactAngle

normal_001.jpg
normal_002.jpg

Source: TNAWrestling.com

June 29th, 2007 18:43
KURT ANGLE BEATS BROCK LESNAR IN JAPAN FOR THE IWGP CHAMPIONSHIP
By Bill Banks

On Friday in Tokyo, Japan, TNA Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle defeated longtime rival Brock Lesnar for the IWGP Championship in a match for Antonio Inoki’s new IGF wrestling promotion.

TNA officials spoke by phone with Angle following the match, who had this to say:

“The IWGP Championship is the second title to add to my growing collection,” Angle said. On July 15 at Victory Road, I’m going to add a third title – the TNA World Tag Team Championship. Then after Victory Road, there will only be one more title for me to win – and that’s to take the X Championship from that fat slob Samoa Joe!”

Angle finished up by saying…

“It's real...it's damn real...thank you!"

Kurt Angle will be returning to the United States with both his TNA World Heavyweight Championship as well as the IWGP Championship.

Check back to TNAwrestling.com in the coming days for more info on Kurt Angle!

monkeystyle

Okay, to clear things up. Kurt Angle is NOT the IWGP champion. Those are not the official IWGP belts. Brock was the IWGP champ, didn't want to drop the belt, so screwed over New Japan and left, and stole the belts. New Japan owns both the IWGP title, IWGP championship, etc. THis card had nothing to do with New Japan. Yuji Nagata is the IWGP champion. Kurt Angle is not. He just has the 3rd gen IWGP belt that Brock stole.

ImpactAngle

Okay, to clear things up. Kurt Angle is NOT the IWGP champion. Those are not the official IWGP belts. Brock was the IWGP champ, didn't want to drop the belt, so screwed over New Japan and left, and stole the belts. New Japan owns both the IWGP title, IWGP championship, etc. THis card had nothing to do with New Japan. Yuji Nagata is the IWGP champion. Kurt Angle is not. He just has the 3rd gen IWGP belt that Brock stole.

Thanks for the information. I think that we will have a Kurt vs. Nagata match for the Undisputed IWGP title, knowing that both men worked together in Japan months ago.

This Guy

either way, isn't nice to see that that Kurt Angle taking that "lighter schedule" for more money from TNA thing is working out so well for him [/sarcasm]

tommyboi65

either way, isn't nice to see that that Kurt Angle taking that "lighter schedule" for more money from TNA thing is working out so well for him [/sarcasm]

Lol,Yeah!

Yuji Nagata used to be in WCW,& I believe Sonny Ono managed him.
Wasn't much more sucessful then & there than Kenzo Susukiu in WWE..

As for Brock, he looks like Bob Backlund Junior..Tattoo is as ridiculous as Steiners..