New international titles?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
With the the tournament to crown the first-ever WWE United Kingdom Champion taking place this Saturday and Sunday, WWE officials are already making long-term plans to use the same concept and do similar tournaments for other regions across the world. The plan is to crown the first WWE Asian Champion and the first Latin American Champion.
Source

Not sure how I feel about this. WWE going into, basically, untapped markets and pulling their best stars will cripple the local markets. I predicted that WWE was getting ready for a full-scale expansion into Asia (more specifically China and Japan) and Mexico (more specifically Mexico and Puerto Rico), but I don't think it should happen. I'm all for business expansion, but this kind of stuff cripples independent wrestling. Hopefully they let some/most of these guys still wrestle on the independents, like how TNA works their contracts.

Otherwise, I think if these regional titles are defended in the local area, on WWE partnered promotions as well as WWE sponsored events, with the specials being exclusive to that country's WWE Network, it would be very cool. I do not think the UK, Asian and Latin American titles should be regular titles on WWE programming. Give them a distinct home, and a real geographic feel.