• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

New ECW Documentary

AZUCAR!

Seen the trailer already. Looks interesting, and something I may check out should they reach their goal.

The Cork

Banned
Man, this story is fuckin' played out already.

I get it, it was a fun underdog story, but after the 20th time hearing it what more is left to say?

Chriss

I agree with The Cork here. There is nothing we can see that we did not see already.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
I agree with The Cork here. There is nothing we can see that we did not see already.

I agree with you both. Guess I will watch it just out of interest but it is strange timing and just feels like another cheap attempt to cash in.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Man, this story is fuckin' played out already.

I get it, it was a fun underdog story, but after the 20th time hearing it what more is left to say?

I thought the same thing, I'm just so tired of ECW anything right now. It's been 12 years, why can't we just let it be dead instead of rehashing it over and over?

Chriss

As long as people will buy these, WWE will continue making them. Simple. There is nothing we can do about it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
As long as people will buy these, WWE will continue making them. Simple. There is nothing we can do about it.

This doesn't have anything to do with WWE though, they aren't producing it at all. I'm okay with WWE releasing ECW DVDs and such, people will buy them, but I was more or less referring to the shitty reunion shows like Extreme Reunion earlier in the year.

Troy

Not interested at all, the story has been told many many times before. This documentary won't have access to any of the old footage, won't have access to quite a few of the top stars and basically it will be inferior to what has been done before.

Please, let ECW rest in peace, alright? This cash cowing of an iconic era has gone way too far. Honestly, I'd rather see
a CZW doc made at this point. Not that I was a fan, but because it'd be new...to most.

Troy

The Kickstarter campaign has been successfully funded so this will happen and apparently will be ready for a December release.

FalconPunch

Anybody know when this is coming out?

I didn't know of Kickstarter at the time but I certainly would have contributed to this for a copy of the DVD and maybe a couple of the other gifts. Been pretty addicted to Kickstarter the last two months.

Troy

They are still working on the film so I assume it will be another month. There was meant to be a rough cut completed at the start of the year but the website for sales still hasn't gone live. On their Facebook page they posted last week that they had just received some photos that they were going to add into the film.

This is their FB page with the updated info: https://www.facebook.com/bwcfilmdocumentary