Netflix greenlights series about G.L.O.W

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Netflix has greenlit “G.L.O.W.,” a comedy series based on the 1980’s female wrestling league, which will be exec produced by Jenji Kohan, Variety has learned.

Founded in the mid-’80s, G.L.O.W. — which stands for Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling — was a popular professional wrestling troupe on a self-titled show that ran until 1990, and also toured for live shows.

Inspired by the real story behind the wrestlers, the series will be the fictionalized story of an out-of-work actress who finds one last attempt to live her dreams in the form of a weekly series about female wrestlers. “G.L.O.W.” will be set in Los Angeles and is described as showcasing “big hair and body slams.”
Full article

Interesting.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Keep in mind if this does well we're one gigantic step closer to a potential streaming services boom in wrestling just like what cable TV boom revolutionezed the business back in the 80s. Just imagine if giants such as HBO, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon suddenly all start founding their own pro-graps leagues. I've been predicting something like this since 2010/11 and I just know it's bound to happen sooner or later, all we need is a smark or two in suits that make decisions/pitch them. Also keep in mind Netflix offered to pick up Lucha Underground, but were rejected becaue the offer was "too low".

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I LOVED GLOW. I mean who couldn't love BIG BAD MAMA!

bigbadmama.png