Nervous about the direction they're going with SES

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Reaction score
I'm crossing my fingers that Punk wins at Extreme Rules and with Rey joining the SES they will get pushed again, but I feel like some of the momentum they had over the past month going into Wrestlemania http://www.★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★/#has been lost.

The Darren Young thing is becoming a distraction, Punk has been getting pinned too often, and it just generally feels like they've taken a step back. Even the promo backstage with Jericho, though really entertaining, made it feel a little like the SES was a mid-card group.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the WWE http://www.★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★/#has big plans for this group, and I'm willing to be patient, but it feels like creative is losing focus...

Plus Punk is losing a lot.

Anyone else concerned?

LKP

Reaction score
Before wm26 they were great good promos good matches and all of a sudden it sucks.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
It's all part of the Rey/Punk program imo. Honestly I like the current direction the SES angle is taking, minus Darren Young, he can get Alcohol posioning or something lol.

The Rey/Punk feud is going the way I expected it. Rey has been getting the better of Punk since Mania, Rey will likely do something major in "psyching out" Punk tonight on Smackdown. However I do not think that Rey will lose at Extreme Rules, I could see the match ending in a run-in by Gallows though.

noumenon

Reaction score
It's quite obvious Punk's head is going to be shaved, I mean hell... the dumb ass already left him with a bald patch on RAW. There are I'm sure very few people with long hair left in the company willing to shave it off, and Punk strikes me as one of the very few who would be willing to do it.

Reaction score
The feud sucks because Rey is the last person that strikes me as needing to be "saved". Rey kills people's heat because it seems like he never loses.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I think I am the only one who thinks Punk is going to win.

Only thing that makes me somewhat thing Rey will win is that Punk go nailed with the shaver on Raw, but really, I don't think he cut that much off. I didn't see no bald spot. During the match he looked the same.

Punk lost to Rey at Mania when Rey has something on the line, meaning if he lost he joined SES, and this time Punk has something on the line which I would think Punk would win. I can't see Punk going 0-2 to Rey on PPV.

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
I think I am the only one who thinks Punk is going to win.

Your not the only one, I also believe punk will win. I believe the last time punk won at a ppv was breaking point last september so he better win. Either way I think this the end of the feud and punk (with SES) will probably get drafted to Raw.

Reaction score
The thing I'm 'concerned' for is this talk of Punk getting shaved and losing his 'saviour' status within SES. Watching SD today Striker kept saying how his hair was so pure and if he didnt have it, he'd be 'just like the rest of us'.

I mean I'm up for Punk winning/losing and possibly getting his head shaved, but this seems to kill it for me. I really like the SES and I'd hate to see Punk get shaved, and the group get sort of...dismantled because of it.

Personally I think Punk SHOULD win, but I can really see this going either way. Should be a solid match!

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm not liking it cause it's just Punk's hair. Does Rey get his jollies off cutting hair? Does that insure sweet victory? If they had made Punk's hair seem more important, then it'd be different. Add in the fact that Rey gain's nothing for winning yet if he loses, he'll be pretty much embarrassed. Doesn't make since.

noumenon

Reaction score
Well it is built up to be extremely important. He says he hair is the thing that makes him different from everyone else, it's what symbolizes his purity. It's completely free of foreign substances and contains not a trace of drugs or alcohol. He stands to lose a lot, the thing that in his mind represents why he's better than everyone else.

And it's sense*...not since...

adhyanta

Reaction score
Pontianak, Lampung, Bandung, Jakarta - Indonesia
I prefer Punk lost. Because he is as good losing, as winning. No problem at all. Rey... not so, because it wouldn't have anything worth wondering for a guy that size to lose to a bigger wrestler.
Most of the times when Rey was beaten... it just looked so usual, IF compared to the matches where he was the victor.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Actually it's the other way around. Rey winning is the predictable choice here since he won at WM and has had the upper hand ever since.