NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

Yeah he will be gone. That contract is not bad at all. I could see a contender that needs a good defensive player might take him.

I don't know why but i see LA going after Iguodala since he said he doesn't want to be in Philly no more

It wouldn't surprise me since Iggy, Fish, and Kobe all share agents.

Fisher has 2 more years on his deal, and I think he stays. The thing is as bad as people make him out to be, he is in no way worse than his backup in Blake. I see Fisher being moved into the second unit. Then I see Blake being packaged with a big.

I agree that Pau and Bynum both won't be on the team. I just can't see it as Spero was still talking about those two bickering in the huddles and in the locker room. Drew is growing fast as a player, attitude aside and he honestly is the more effiecent post player, better athlete, and defender. Pau is an all star big and stays healthier regularly, but he has ghost moments and that can't happen as Kobe ages in order for them to stay competitive. If those two really are going back and forward about who the big dog is since Pau has mostly spent his LA career playing C during seasons and playoffs before this, then you might have to pick one now.

What the team needs imo are:
- A guy who can dribble penetrate besides Kobe and cover PG's
- A guy who can flat out shoot so teams can't double Kobe or wall of the paint
- A dirty work big who leaves it all out there

Sasha would have helped nicely this series on both ends, as would Farmar which is just sad to say because they sucked last postseason when it came to results, but the effort and mental lapses weren't as constant like with Blake and Brown

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

You spelled Vince Carter wrong four times.
VC only wasn't a full blown bitch in Phoenix because they have an awesome medical staff but I still want nothing to do with the guy being back on the Suns next season.

As for Fisher I can see him coming back but if he is the starter something is wrong. This is as good of time as any for L.A to go ahead and finally get good to great point guard via trade or something.

SAL

Reaction score

Understanding that you're not the GM and you're not responsible for making this trade, can you even give me a plausible trade involving Pau? Because I don't see one that makes sense.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

What an asshole answer. The fuck is wrong with him. Did Odom say anything in regards to his shoulder block on Dirk?

This is precisely the attitude that makes me hate this batch of cocksuckers, this entitlement to win. "Oh, I didn't get to win, so I don't care." Fuck off.

Odom actually said it was the heat of the moment and he shouldn't have did what he did.

He also said the team just wasn't connected this year, unlike last as they had guys doing their own things. That to me was funny but true as you have LO with a reality show, Artest marketing a CD and rap tour, Barnes doing work with Ball Up and Basketball Wives, and other extracurricular shit in general. Last year they were all just basketball players

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Odom actually said it was the heat of the moment and he shouldn't have did what he did.

He also said the team just wasn't connected this year, unlike last as they had guys doing their own things. That to me was funny but true as you have LO with a reality show, Artest marketing a CD and rap tour, Barnes doing work with Ball Up and Basketball Wives, and other extracurricular shit in general. Last year they were all just basketball players
Bynum should have just said what Odom said. That's pretty much the best answer you can give. Bynum gave the most douchebag answer I could think of. Mine as well should have said he was glad he did it to go all out with it.

Baller

Reaction score

Bynum wanted to go out with bang. Probably one of the best ways to end your season is by laying someone out imo

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Understanding that you're not the GM and you're not responsible for making this trade, can you even give me a plausible trade involving Pau? Because I don't see one that makes sense.

Pau trades to me are limited but could be done.

I could see Orlando but it would cost Odom along with him most likely, and it would have to be clear that there is 0 chance Dwight is returning.

There is always the Hornets and Paul. As bad as it sounds on paper, if he is going to be dealt somewhere you have to get a name back to put on billboards in NOLA. Pau's name is out there now with the casual fan, far more than it was in Memphis. West and Landry are also free agents I think.

Pau for Deron is something I personally wouldn't mind at all. PAu is that big international name Prok wanted. He is known globally for his euroleague stuff and as a Laker, so maybe. Deron also has the whole will he won't he sign the extension thing up in the air so you never know.

After you go past those teams, there are teams I could see LA using to fill in more voids without getting back equal talent. A team like the Rockets has what LA needs if they were willing to move Scola and Lowry. A team like Denver has Felton who wants to start and the option to sign and trade some combo of Chandler/Smith/Martin. They need a guaranteed big on their roster with only Harrington and Anderson inked after all. I also wouldn't be disgusted to see a deal for Monta Ellis and Lee if they got GSW to eat a horrid deal like that of Blake/Luke.

The 2 deals that I would love but have no shot at happening are:
- Pau and something to Chicago for Noah and Deng.
- Pau to OKC for Ibaka and Westbrook

Summary: Not sure what you can get really, but I think you can get something and he might be shipped over Bynum after this postseason

SAL

Reaction score

Bynum wanted to go out with bang. Probably one of the best ways to end your season is by laying someone out imo

1. With a championship
2. With dignity
2,413. Laying someone out

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Still kind of surprised Artest didn't join in on the cheap shot party. That's usually his thing.

SAL

Reaction score

The thing about trading Gasol or Bynum or anybody is: this (just about) exact team won the last 2 championships. Kobe's getting to be basketball-old. You want to risk his last few years hoping the chemistry comes together with a new set of players? Pau and Bynum were fighting like bitches, I get that. But give this a few weeks to cool off and keep the talent you have together, it's the best chance I see of winning now. And "now" has to be the only thing they're concerned about. Bynum-for-Dwight would be lovely, but, just, no way. Bynum + Odom + picks for Dwight, maybe,, but does that really improve your already thin roster?

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

FYI PSYCH: If the Lakers get Dwight, they're also gettign Hedo and/or Arenas. So have fun.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Arenas on the Lakers. Could see Kobe wanting to choke him already.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Drew and Odom if they are packaged for Dwight isn't going to help the team imo. They would need to move Blake in that same deal and pry Jameer away. Then they would still need a backup big.

If they could build 2 separate packages around Pau and Andrew, while keeping Lamar I wouldn't be opposed to shipping both. I'd gladly take packages that would get Dwight and spare parts or Dwight and a promising guard for both bigs, if it doesn't include moving Odom who is a guy who has always been 15 and 10 starting at PF.

The catch is Pau is coming off a horrid series. How horrid might you ask? Dirk was shooting 76% versus him and 41% versus everyone else before this game today, and his averages entering today were the equivalent of Kwame's averages versus Phoenix in 06 but Kwame shot over 10% better from the field.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

FYI PSYCH: If the Lakers get Dwight, they're also getting Hedo and/or Arenas. So have fun.

FYI PSYCH 2: Otis isn't stupid enough to trade the best Center in the NBA and the only secondary consistent scorer on the team for 2 old PFs and some worthless picks.