NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Baller

Reaction score
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

Jerry West has petitioned for it to happen as well and it is said that it will be discussed in the CBA negotiations this summer.

It would make much more sense to cut the dead weight and also give talent to more teams if you conduct an expansion draft for the players/rights from those franchises.

1. Just because they are bad this year doesn't mean they were dead weight.
2. They may petition, but the NBA isn't losing money, and I guarantee that it will not have a factor in CBA Negotiations.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Totally don't get the point of doing that. Plus why break up a good young team in Memphis and a potential team int he future with one of the most exciting players in the game in the Clippers.

Because Memphis by their own admission won't be able to keep Mayo, Marc, and Z-bo (might be able to swing 2/3) because they don't have market sport.

As for the Clippers, they will never be a future team as long as Sterling owns them. It isn't like they haven't had talent for over a decade because they have. Odom, Brand, Miller, Q, Dooling, Maggette, Miles, and others all were there together. They don't win and their owner is despised by other owners and coaches around the league because of his antics both on and off the court.

Baller

Reaction score

LEBRON!!!!!!!!!!

And to Sal, I dont think MJ will be too pleased if his team gets dismantled.

SAL

Reaction score

I'm sure some teams want other teams contracted. But it will never be in the best interests of the league to contract, because you'd be killing basketball entirely in that market. On top of that, it wouldn't mesh with Stern's stated desire to go global.

SAL

Reaction score

LEBRON!!!!!!!!!!

And to Sal, I dont think MJ will be too pleased if his team gets dismantled.

Does Jordan know he actually owns a team? I haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

1. Just because they are bad this year doesn't mean they were dead weight.
2. They may petition, but the NBA isn't losing money, and I guarantee that it will not have a factor in CBA Negotiations.

The Griz failed in Vancouver, they had to give Pau away (thankfully) because they couldn't make money in Memphis, and now they are looking at having to let keys guys walk for nothing again.

The wolves were an expansion team that played well for a while with KG, but even in his last years there they were fodder. They don't have good attendance. They don't turn a profit either.

The Clippers are the Clippers and Sterling shouldn't be allowed to have a team.

The Bobcats have had 1 good year, but they have never had near the same attendance or turned a profit like the Hornets did in Charlotte. The Hornets aren't turning a profit or getting guys to the games in New Orleans and haven't since Mashburn/Baron were in town, so just send them back home where they belong. I mean you know it is bad when the league has to purchase the team.

That same players and rights to players that these teams had could easily be spread to the other 26 teams in the league and help create more parity and revenue.

Imagine Miami lucking into getting Blake Griffin or Love in the expansion draft, the Lakers getting Rubio's rights, and so on.

You could go back to 4 divisions as well.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Contraction would be fucking horrible.

SAL

Reaction score

But guuuuuuuys, Jerry West wants it.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

It wouldn't be able to happen, either. The Supreme Court ruled that NFL teams are 32 separate franchises as opposed to on huge one under the NFL net. I'm sure they'd rule the same for the NBA. You can't just force a team out of the NBA.

SAL

Reaction score

I don't remember all the details of that opinion, do you have a link for that? Because I think that was just for merchandising purposes or something like that, right? And plus, each CBA is different.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Probably, but it can't just leave the team out. That'd probably be illegal.