NBA 2K Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Re: NBA 2K11 Thread

Started playing My Player again recently, forgot how much my guy owns. Need to get my speed up though, because my ballhandling is as high as it can be, but my speed is like 75, so it's not as effective as it should be. Would help if it didn't cost like 2500 points to upgrade it by one point, though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Yeah I hate the fact that speed is usually the hardest thing to get points for no matter what position you are.

thought we should've gone for quick 2 down 4. they were missing their free throws, our 3's aren't consistant enough. we played OK, just gotta make smarter plays, especially down the stretch. i don't know why we do all that complaining either, flopping, hop steps, us biting on pump fake, it's all part of the game. u can't expect to go into crew and play all sim ball, we don't do it either(somewhat), that's what leagues are for. mak are u gonna ever get maggs passing up? we could use that, and psych getting consistancy up.
It's maxed so it can't get any higher, lol. Just about all my stuff is maxed minus a few things.

shutupchico

Reaction score

it must max low, right?probably opposite of mine because my rebounds maxed at 65, i got them to 66 in the off season though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Yeah 55 is the highest it'll go for him. Not sure why you worried about his passing though unless you just talking for long passes.

shutupchico

Reaction score

yea, your long passes are often turnovers, and even on the short ones my guy often times gets thrown way out of position trying to get them, that's why i was wondering. wack they'd max it at 55, they must've never heard of guys like kg, duncan, cwebb before.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

I don't need to be throwing those long passes anyways. None of us do really. Like I've said we just aren't good at doing fast break basketball. Maybe in spurts but not often. Only reason I do some long passes is if you're too far away or something. Just gonna still to making the simple passes tho.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

thought we should've gone for quick 2 down 4. they were missing their free throws, our 3's aren't consistant enough. we played OK, just gotta make smarter plays, especially down the stretch. i don't know why we do all that complaining either, flopping, hop steps, us biting on pump fake, it's all part of the game. u can't expect to go into crew and play all sim ball, we don't do it either(somewhat), that's what leagues are for. mak are u gonna ever get maggs passing up? we could use that, and psych getting consistancy up.

To be fair consistency had nothing to do with me not getting a shot in the 4th till we were down like 9 with a minute left. I was hot and hitting in that game but got frozen out in winning time.
)

Thinking about lowering my vert back since it works better in myp than crew for some reason. Consistency points will go up after I play another game.

You need to work on a 3 ball in all honesty as well since the only option is Kidd, Kobe, or Odom when ga uses him

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Speed costs a fucking grip for Kidd because of his size. Takes 2 games to pay for it and quikness

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

To be fair consistency had nothing to do with me not getting a shot in the 4th till we were down like 9 with a minute left. I was hot and hitting in that game but got frozen out in winning time.
)

Thinking about lowering my vert back since it works better in myp than crew for some reason. Consistency points will go up after I play another game.

You need to work on a 3 ball in all honesty as well since the only option is Kidd, Kobe, or Odom when ga uses him
Yeah some things don't transfer as well as they do from myp to crew. Like Maggette in myp can hit 3's pretty well but of course in crew I can barley hit shit. Could be I have to release the stick differently or something idk.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Yeah the release I used with the 80 vert in crew doesn't work, and my release with the 85 vert in myp doesn't transfer now.

I finally got it in that game and that was what pissed me off with that4th quarter. It is also why I used Kobe in our teams up games Mak

shutupchico

Reaction score

)

u are the 3 point shooter on the team. there's only 4 of us, we don't need more than 1. u shoot 3's, i shoot mids, mak tries to get to the paint most of the time, ga does whatever he does. the 3's already isn't a high percentage shot, i'd rather be money from mid range than just ok from 3. i will say your shot selection has gotten a lot better, u don't take close to as many bad shots as u used to, and you've improved inside too as bynum. your shooting percentage is pretty bad though, u gotta admit that. once u get your consistancy up u probably won't go through these slumps anymore. we need u at 99 3, 99 consistancy. my player and online play has different release times(for me at least) so take that into consideration.

shutupchico

Reaction score

u 2 should play pickup games where it shows your shot release to figure out where your releases are online.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

I'm just glad the main stuff that I do with Maggette in myp and crew work the same which is mid range shots, post game, Defense & dunking. Only other thing that works better in myp than crew for me is on ball stealing but that is only slightly.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

u 2 should play pickup games where it shows your shot release to figure out where your releases are online.
Yeah I did that and Maggette's 3 is the same as it in Crew however I have only shot like 2 3's in pick up so who knows. Used my other myp in pick up (Cameron) and he was making 3's pretty damn good just like in myp.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

u are the 3 point shooter on the team. there's only 4 of us, we don't need more than 1. u shoot 3's, i shoot mids, mak tries to get to the paint most of the time, ga does whatever he does. the 3's already isn't a high percentage shot, i'd rather be money from mid range than just ok from 3. i will say your shot selection has gotten a lot better, u don't take close to as many bad shots as u used to, and you've improved inside too as bynum. your shooting percentage is pretty bad though, u gotta admit that. once u get your consistancy up u probably won't go through these slumps anymore. we need u at 99 3, 99 consistancy. my player and online play has different release times(for me at least) so take that into consideration.

U can't get a 99 3, mid, or at least I can't. Even my off the dribble shot maxed at 90. I can do more than shoot 3's too if u let me with Kidd, record speaks to that as he can post up and drive (same with Kobe) as I do it in the 2 man games with Mak.

Won't lie though as Bynum shoots, rebounds, and defends the paint the best on the team aside from the lol mments where u toss him the ball 15 feet out against the click haha