NBA 2K Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Re: NBA 2K11 Thread

Can I participate in this?

And I hate Kobe.. He's a true ball hog. But somebody bought it for me for my bday.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score

if u buy 2k11 we'll give you a test run on the crew bro

SPEAKING OF WHICH. YALL READY FOR SOME CREW??!!!?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Chico - I gave up 9pts and 5asts at PG for a full game.

Let me be clear, I do not want to run the offense. I want to defend the opposing PG and try to limit them. I will use Melo at PG officially while Graff is at SG, but in reality Graff will still be the one to direct the offense as a whole and handle the ball primarily.

Mak and GA need to take a vote as well, but that seems fair, doesn't it?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Can I participate in this?

And I hate Kobe.. He's a true ball hog. But somebody bought it for me for my bday.
He has been the primary facilitator on 5 championship teams and 7 finals team, what has the guy in your sig facilitated besides assist numbers and ringless seasons like an overgrown Iverson?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Chico - I gave up 9pts and 5asts at PG for a full game.

Let me be clear, I do not want to run the offense. I want to defend the opposing PG and try to limit them. I will use Melo at PG officially while Graff is at SG, but in reality Graff will still be the one to direct the offense as a whole and handle the ball primarily.

Mak and GA need to take a vote as well, but that seems fair, doesn't it?
I mean in a way it's a good idea but then at the same time it's kind of awkward with chico not at SG even if he really is running the offense. Half the time tho in his defense he ends up having to guard score first PG's where it's only him and one other teammate to do all the scoring rather than spread the ball. So my vote is that it depends what chico wants to do since it's his position.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

True. I would add that another benefit to Melo at PG is his defender is either small and would need help freeing up someone else or user controlled mostly leaving him open since a computer wouldn't be tracking his moves

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

That was a good advantage in the last game was the fact that Melo outsized the guy buy a good amount. If there was a way where you could simply match up Melo against PG like you would if you played a regular game and set match ups that would be perfect.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

You can't though as his cursor stays set on the position he is listed at in half court defensive sets.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score

My vote is I don't give a fuck as long as I get to be Turiaf. Why the FUCK couldn't I be Turiaf that last game? Fucking Blue.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I mean Melo has a matchup edge on offense and is bigger for PGs to get by on D. Chico makes good plays and runs the team well but he doesn't use play calling on other side of the ball at all, so SG wouldn't be that different if he always brought the ball up the court and made the decisions with the ball.

I just think it is worth thinking about as out defense and rebounding in that game was good outside of the center spot where GA put in Derick Brown :lol:

Just asking for a small trial run chico to see how it works.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Who the fuck is Derrick Brown is what I'm wondering :lol: never heard of the guy. Was weird that Turiaf couldn't be used once again. Guy keeps getting lost.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score

Who the fuck is Derrick Brown is what I'm wondering :lol: never heard of the guy. Was weird that Turiaf couldn't be used once again. Guy keeps getting lost.

Derrick Brown was dunking that shit left and right though.

1605.jpg

Could FISHER have a rival?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

He was a Bobcat that got cut because they needed room in the OKC and Portland trades. Bobcats intended to bring him back, but Knicks claimed him and his current deal while on waivers.

shutupchico

Reaction score

we shouldn't need to run plays, there's 3 of u fuckers on the team, one of you should be more open then any play can run every time. for whatever reasons the games i play with u psych i'm always on 99's, the ones i've played with ga and phx haven't usually been like that, and the result hasn't either. remember, your play with melo isn't exactly award winning, maybe once u stop taking contested 3's with him, or any 3's at all, i'd think about doing the sg crap. another thing, there is no point off going up for layups when the other team has 3 or 4 people in the paint, the game doesn't allow those to go in... maybe u guys are trying to draw fouls? if it's like that just reset and we'll take a better shot. i get it though, your so close to the basket u think it will drop, but it's a case of so close yet so far. thanks for wanting to help me, but i want to stick to pg. if u really want just play behind me and if i get beat u cover him. u usually don't have to go up against anyone unless it's a 4 man team.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

As for shooting contested shots, do you know that you have a 100 more attempts and Mak at least 60, after I led the original team in attempts? I'm not exactly firing away like on the old team at all. Also you might want to add that you guys throw Melo the ball down fucking 8-10 to launch 2 or 3 threes late every game. :lol: (wish you would have fed Durant in all honesty as he scored 12 straight and got only one 4th quarter shot after cutting the game to 7, complete freeze out).

The fact we have 4 people playing and a playlist by position which tells guys where to move should be all the more reason to use them. Calling out half court press on defense would also help with the computer reacting on help and individual defense.

It was just a suggestion man because the fact is what I saw yesterday was you getting beat by PG's repeatedly and me having a bit more success against one today (morning really) and yesterday. That is just what happened on that day and prompted that suggestion. You shouldn't get upset by it because that was what happened on that given day and honestly trying something new when things like that are happening isn't exactly going to hurt anything but your ego if it works out, but as you have said before it is about winning and doing what is best for the team so you should be willing to try it out for a 2 game sample as well just to see how it works with you making the plays and ball handling at SG with Graff and me defending the PG.

The way I see it:

• You would still get to use Graff and Chauncey for spots minutes at SG to make every play and could go clean the glass and be the help guy for the team; you can even be in a better spot to lead the break immediately off the board and attack while teams are off balance. It isn't a new concept as the Lakers and Heat have done it for years with Kobe and Wade
  • I'd get to use Melo at PG ala Ron Harper or T-Mac and have a size advantage on both ends and use Kidd as his backup where he wouldn't be outsized by 8 inches. Mak saw just in the game yesterday how Melo got to the goal late when using iso motion as he said. GA saw in the gm without you where I played PG that I d'd up a 97 well enough for us to never be out of it to say none of us could hit a shot, lol.
  • Mak would get to use Maggs and Fields if he so chooses at SF so that he always has a length advantage and can play help D and hit the glass.
  • Lastly, GA should put Turiaf in at PF (his original position before NYK) so that when he switches to Williams he isn't outsized as the last line of D. He would also be in better position to get even more boards and weakside blocks
  • Amare can be the CPU center.

Honestly, is what I'm saying unfair, not true, or even illogical? GA and Mak I want your opinions too since it impacts you.