NBA 2016-2017 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cavs' JR Smith gonna be out 4-6 weeks due to thumb surgery.. he's been a key piece to the Cavs' puzzle all season, doubt it will kill their vibe but it may impact a few games that should be wins and turn them into close losses.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Cavs' JR Smith gonna be out 4-6 weeks due to thumb surgery.. he's been a key piece to the Cavs' puzzle all season, doubt it will kill their vibe but it may impact a few games that should be wins and turn them into close losses.

Yeah that really sucks... I think they will work around it somehow but they will surely have some games that will show his lack of presence on the court.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah that really sucks... I think they will work around it somehow but they will surely have some games that will show his lack of presence on the court.

They'll figure it out somehow.. Clippers probably have a bigger issue with Blake Griffin missing significant time in the upcoming weeks.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Nice comeback win for the Cavs at the end, King Kyrie is the shit. 14 point 4th quarter deficit and the Warriors of all teams couldn't hang on. Richard Jefferson's duck was vicious, old man still has some juice left in him it seems. That was a damn good Christmas Basketball game and lived up to the hype.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Twas a good game, specially at the end :obama:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Blah had a feeling my Bulls would start this game off ugly.. Offense nowhere to be found quite yet and the defense is little the Spurs cut holes through 'em like Swiss cheese.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Rondo is no doubt one of the best defensive Point Guards but.. his scoring abilities are so sub-par especially for a guard.. If he was able to drive and score more efficiently or shoot from the field even a little more accurately the Bulls would be able to generate such a more efficient offense.. we're playing these games from behind and gassing out near the end so we end up blowing close games in the final quarter.

Hoidberg isn't the right guy to coach this Chicago team and they are missing a few keys to this puzzle.. including a dominant big man up front to get the boards, a young explosive scorer to compliment Jimmy's all around explosiveness. A coach who could rotate players in situations better, I think Hoidberg still has the 2-20 minute half concept in his head when it comes to coaching but NBA is so much different than college. Chicago is a different ball game than Iowa State, especially with the history behind the franchise.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
My Bulls were so clearly gassed tonight... that was a much needed win though, phew!

Rondo again no offensive production and actually this goes for all of our point guards.. I like Rondo's all around athleticism and defensive ability especially but we need a point guard that'd hybrid between Rondo and D-Rose.. that way his offensive abilities don't overshadow that of Jimmy Butler's.

Dwayne Wade coming through with the swoop steal and dunk to close the game off was nice to see, it's still awesome even at an old basketball age to be playing this well and for his hometown. Hopefully next year or maybe if a trade comes about this year we can make some moves.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
Who yall picking for All-Star Game?
For me: EAST - Rose; Derozan ; Butler ; Porzingis ; Howard
WEST - Irving ; Westbrook ; Leonard ; Davis ; Cousins

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yuck! Russell Westbrook is not doing so hot tonight.. got some stats padded but 6 mofugging turnovers in the 1st quarter? cmon bruh.

Psst.. Won $80 on a .50 Draft Kings entry two nights ago.. hoping to repeat tonight, so far In 3rd place for $18.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cavaliers agree to deal with Hawks for Kyle Korver. JR Smith out for 10-14 weeks, Korver is an easy decision to fill that gap over it's present choices. It costs them their 2019 First Rounder with Mike Dunleavy but that's an easy call and Cavs needed another swingman and outside shooter to fill the void left. Kyle's a deadly sharpshot too so that'll immediately impact the outside game opening up more opportunities. JR is a bit better defensively then Korver but out of all the people on the trading block I'd say Korver was the most accurately matched to what the Cavs needed to replace JR.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Cavaliers agree to deal with Hawks for Kyle Korver. JR Smith out for 10-14 weeks, Korver is an easy decision to fill that gap over it's present choices. It costs them their 2019 First Rounder with Mike Dunleavy but that's an easy call and Cavs needed another swingman and outside shooter to fill the void left. Kyle's a deadly sharpshot too so that'll immediately impact the outside game opening up more opportunities. JR is a bit better defensively then Korver but out of all the people on the trading block I'd say Korver was the most accurately matched to what the Cavs needed to replace JR.

Yeah JR is a sitting duck and they can use his spot to fill it in with some talent. They are going to need it if it comes down to them and the Warriors again.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Chris Paul has become a very rich man since joining the Clippers in Los Angeles all while being on the court a lot less then most other superstars.. another 6-8 week period of absence for the guard due to a torn ligament in his hand (thumb). Hopefully he recovers well and comes back strong and the Clippers can win a few and keep them in the playoff hunt for when he gets back near the end of the season.