Nate Dogg Passes Away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

Biggest Loss To Wrestling

Back in the old IWF i made this thread. But now we have a new forum and quite a few new members. So i think it will be interesting to see the opinions from the new members and maybe the old members have changed thier mind.

I will always say that Owen Hart is the biggest loss because he has that passion and heart that you rarely see in todays superstars. Owen could do perfect missle dropkicks and elbow drops you know all that high fling stuff be he could also mat wrestle perfecting both styles in to his own. His death was terrible because Vince had cheap equipment and Owen didn't even want to come down becuase he had a fear of heights. If Owen never fell he would no doubt have been a world champion seeing as how he was supposed to get Triple H's nickname the game. The list in the poll is just random people that i put so if the superstar you want to choose isn't on there just choose other and please state who and why.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
If Owen never fell he would no doubt have been a world champion seeing as how he was supposed to get Triple H's nickname the game.

This is what I don't get. Owen Hart could not have credibly played the part of "the Game" the gimmick itself wasn't an instant success, it takes the wrestler to do that.

Owen just didn't fit "the game" character.

Nation

Part of me can see Owen playing the game character but will never really know if he could play it well. But yeah you maybe right i just wrote that statement real quick so i probably should have thought the game statement out a little more.

Soulpower

Its toss up for me between Pillman and Owen.. Both still had some good years in them before they died and they could have been world champions but it just wasn't meant to be... As for Owen being 'The Game" he probably would have been able to pull it off, he had the charisma and well...he was that damn good to pull it off.

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
The Nugget, Pillman, Mr Perfect and Eddie were a big loss in my opinion. But I chose Eddie because Ive seen him the most overtime.

This Guy

I voted for Eddie, mainly because everyone else on that lists careers were more or less over (with maybe the exception of Owen) and they had already made there contribution to wrestling. Not that Eddie hadn't but he still was young enough to give even more.

Wrestling Station

I voted for other!
For no doubt, Bret Hart is the biggest lost in wrestling after his retirement!!
He doesnt have to be dead to call him a lost. His retirement due to that head injury is the major loss in the wrestling industry imo.

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
I voted for other!
For no doubt, Bret Hart is the biggest lost in wrestling after his retirement!!
He doesnt have to be dead to call him a lost. His retirement due to that head injury is the major loss in the wrestling industry imo.

Thanks for reminding me, I was about to mention him. Bret Hart is one of my top wrestlers of all time, dont know how I forgot.

againtotal

Reaction score
Any of the losses were huge for wrestling! In fact, the guff that Flair and Hogan are getting for still wrestling, would be remedied if the top levels of the crop right under them had not died, detroyed their personal lives, or were forced to retire as a result of injuries and strife fueled by the World War of Wrestling, The Monday Night Wars! Just do an extensive research into this! You will see this is the case.

P.S. Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and Sting are some of the survivors helping the young guys. I could name some more, but there should have been much more!

BrotherBruti

Reaction score
On the Undercard of the Original Grandaddy of Them
How did the Monday Night War affect those guys?

Owen died in a stupid stunt on a PPV.

Stu had nothing to do with any of it.

Andre was long since gone by the time Bischoff get his baby on TNT.

Rude's steroid abuse was the cause of his death. The steroids he would of taken back in the 80's to build that awesome look he had. You could say his training for a comeback put more pressure on his heart than it could handle but thats just specualtion.

Davey Boy Smith is pretty much the same case as Rude. Sure his back injury was caused by a prop that was inspired by the Monday Night War but that was another accident. He was about twice the size he should of been in the early 90's. That was always gonna catch up with him.

Awesome? The War was over by the time he joined WCW. Perhaps it was the fact the War was over and his career sank because of this that led to his death. Again, just speculation.

Hennig was another guy in the late 80's that took more drugs than his body could handle. It was always gonna end like that. And didn't he die of a Cocaine overdose?

Pillman had health problems all his life, that car crash pretty much finished him off. He was on life support for the next year before his body gave up on him.

All these guys were a loss to wrestling, anyone dieing is a loss. Because we get so emotionally involved in wrestling it affects us more when one of them dies. But if i had to pick one i'd pick.........

Eddie, because he was still on top when he died and no one in WWE has the personality to replace him.

MachoSamoa

Reaction score
You cant forget about the big guys who seem to pass away so early, Big Boss Man, Bam Bam Bigalow and Earthquake.

Taker

Reaction score
Eddie Guerrero is the biggest loss to wrestling, because he was a good wrestler in the WWF/E and it's sad to lose him from Smackdown!

circle

Reaction score
Losing EG hurt b/c it hurt smackdown, but I personally miss Owen Hart.