Nash tagging with Mutoh in All Japan - 9/23/2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Credit: 411mania

All Japan Pro-Wrestling "40th Anniversary Year 2012 FLASHING TOUR", 9/23/2012 [Sun] 16:00 @ Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium in Kanagawa

Special Tag Match: Keiji Mutoh & Kevin Nash vs. Taiyo Kea & Seiya Sanada

World Junior Heavy Championship Match: [33rd Champion] Hiroshi Yamato vs. [Challenger] Hikaru Sato [Pancrase MISSION]

World Tag Championship Match: [63rd Champions] "GET WILD" Takao Omori & Manabu Soya vs. [Challengers] Joe Doering & (to be announced)

Triple Crown Championship Match: [Champion] Masakatsu Funaki vs. [Challenger] Suwama
Read more at 411mania.com: Wrestling - Kevin Nash Heading to All Japan Pro Wrestling on September 23rd

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I hardly follow Puro, but AJPW isn't doing so well right now is it? I remember MVP saying that a month or so back, I believe.

Reaction score
Yeah I think when Misawa started up NOAH he took a lot of the business with him. Even following Misawa's death they are doing alright.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Noah is a shit pit at the moment, with ties to the Japanese Mafia and their dirty money, the entire Japanese wrestling scene is on the verge to collapse... I mean Mutoh saved AJPW from absolute collapse a few years back but an incident backstage force him to rethink his position as chairman...

I'm not sold on this show, the card looks weak... NJPW for the FIRST TIME EVER is actually looking like a REAL tasty promotion... Gedo & Jado doing a good job there.

Reaction score
Dude I suppose I don't know anywhere near as much about the scene as I thought I did. Please tell me more about this incident with Mutoh and the ties to Yakuza.

It's funny you mentioned that, because I made this post and then I was watching a Bam Bam Bigelow shoot where he talks about how all the wrestling is run by the mob over there.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Noah is a shit pit at the moment, with ties to the Japanese Mafia and their dirty money, the entire Japanese wrestling scene is on the verge to collapse... I mean Mutoh saved AJPW from absolute collapse a few years back but an incident backstage force him to rethink his position as chairman...

I'm not sold on this show, the card looks weak... NJPW for the FIRST TIME EVER is actually looking like a REAL tasty promotion... Gedo & Jado doing a good job there.

Yeah, I knew NOAH was struggling pretty bad. NJPW is definitely the only promotion worth watching over in Japan at this point, seems to be where every is looking to go.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I don't know the names of any parties involved because I cannot remember, I don't even know any of the AJPW roster aside from Suwama, but basically something happened in a match and it got really heated... and basically backstage a guy got beat up by three guys and Mutoh was a shamed and terribly upset about what happened as he felt like he let the guy down as he could of done something, so he decided to resign as chairman of AJPW.

Yazuka incident with Noah, it was a shitty situation where Noah needed some money but I don't believe Taue was involved in it but basically some high ups brought in Yazuka sponsorship and Taue found out and it caused ALOT of problems and now Noah is under a strict financial protection scheme. Obvious it was nowhere as bad as FMW, where the owner used a lot of Yazkua money and when Hayabusa broke his neck the company collapsed and he was forced to commit suicide to end his problems/ties with Yazuka.