NASCAR's Tony Stewart allegedly hits, kills driver at dirt-track race in New York

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
(CNN) -- NASCAR driver Tony Stewart hit and killed a fellow driver during a dirt-track race in upstate New York, authorities said early Sunday.

The incident occurred Saturday night at the Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprint at the Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

One of the sprint cars lost control and hit the wall during lap 14 of a 25-lap race, according to Philip C. Povero of the Ontario County Sheriff's Department.

The driver of the crashed car exited his vehicle and walked on the track, where he was hit by Stewart's car, authorities said.

He was taken to a hospital and later died.

"Stewart has fully cooperated with investigation," Povero said. "He acknowledges the collision with the driver."

Authorities declined to name the victim, but Tyler Graves -- a witness at the track -- said it was his friend, Kevin Ward.

Stewart's spokesman said they are trying to sort out the details.

"A tragic accident took place last night during a sprint car race in which Tony Stewart was participating," Mike Arning said. "Tony was unhurt, but a fellow competitor lost his life. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends."

An investigation is under way.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/10/justice/tony-stewart-hits-driver/

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Dude shoulda been more careful exiting the track when, you know, cars were still going around. Lack of common sense takes care of one more mouth breather.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I get the notion the dude may have been concussed when he exited his vehicle.
Undoubtedly, he must have lost sense of where he was since I imagine his head must have taken a dip.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I get the notion the dude may have been concussed when he exited his vehicle.
Undoubtedly, he must have lost sense of where he was since I imagine his head must have taken a dip.
I've had a concussion, a pretty bad one. It doesn't make you unaware of what a vehicle is or why you shouldn't walk in front of it.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Tony Stewart caused him to crash... the guy got out of the car and was waving down Stewart as he drove back around.. Stewart saw him, went toward him and then gunned his engine when he got alongside him.. that caused the car to fishtail and hit Ward who flew a ways and was knocked unconscious and later died.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
There is a good chance that criminal charges will be filed against Stewart in the coming days.. most likely vehicular manslaughter.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
It does kind of look like Tony was driving towards him, but the guy is still an idiot for walking out there like that regardless

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Guy is even dumber than I thought.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
he just flopped and seemed to die instantly

some DBZ type shit right there

• Haha
Reactions: Danielson

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Yah kinda dumb to walk out there, but i do like how the news is "Tony's unhurt but yah guy dead" :p talk about priorities.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...tewart-not-race-hitting-killing-kevin-ward-jr

"He was visibly shaken by this accident," Povero said. "... This is right now being investigated as an on-track crash and I don't want to infer that there are criminal charges pending. When the investigation is completed, we will sit down with the district attorney and review it. But I want to make it very clear: there are no criminal charges pending at this time."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...nvestigation-new-york-watkins-glen-kevin-ward

"Tony pinched him into the frontstretch wall, a racing thing," Graves said. "The right rear tire went down, he spun on the exit of (Turn) 2. They threw the caution and everything was toned down. Kevin got out of his car. … He was throwing his arms up all over the place at Tony for most of the corner.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

Reactions: Swift

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I've had a concussion, a pretty bad one. It doesn't make you unaware of what a vehicle is or why you shouldn't walk in front of it.
I won't argue with experience, there's just no way an intelligent person would do what he did. Either he was completely tactless or an he was an imbecile.

I tempted to post a "You can knocked the f*** out" Chris Tucker reference from Friday. That might be in poor taste at this point.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He was a 20 year old kid. He probably just got a big head and knows of Stewart's reputation and was pissed he was out of the race and something like getting hit by a car never crossed his mind because that's not the general thought process for a 20 year old kid. He forced the first driver to swerve out of the way, he could have just as easily of been hit by someone else as opposed to Stewart. I really don't think Stewart was trying to hit him but watching the vid even as Stewart is rounding the corner and nearing the kid who was killed, the kid is still moving TOWARD Stewart as he speeds closer to him.

It is an unfortunate part of the incident, but the fact remains that Kevin Ward Jr is responsible for his own death, not Tony Stewart.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
He was a 20 year old kid. He probably just got a big head and knows of Stewart's reputation and was pissed he was out of the race and something like getting hit by a car never crossed his mind because that's not the general thought process for a 20 year old kid. He forced the first driver to swerve out of the way, he could have just as easily of been hit by someone else as opposed to Stewart. I really don't think Stewart was trying to hit him but watching the vid even as Stewart is rounding the corner and nearing the kid who was killed, the kid is still moving TOWARD Stewart as he speeds closer to him.

It is an unfortunate part of the incident, but the fact remains that Kevin Ward Jr is responsible for his own death, not Tony Stewart.
I see what happened now. That sounds like something I would've done if I really didn't give a f***.
Your analogy sounds strikingly familiar to how I was in high school and how kind of am today.
The cat had a death wish and probably felt slightly emasculated by losing. When you add all these elements together you get a lethal solution.
You can f*** with sleeping bear if you want, just know the f***er has every right to kill you in the end.