My TWC Member Theory

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Onyx

Reaction score
Okay guys, as you know. When I joined TWC, my first posted was in the Introduction Forum. And after I did that, I got all my welcomes by you fine wrestling fans. And after those welcomes, I continued to be active on the forum. But let me get to the point. I think whenever we see a member in the Introduction Forum. If that new member has a good username (not a username with letters & numbers) he is more likely to be more active. For example, my username is "Onyx" which is a good username in my opinion (and also my favourite gemstone). But I'm not saying, that, that's the reason I am so active. But my theory is, is that when we see a new guy/girl with a pretty legit username. They are likely to stay. But that's just my theory (which could be totally wrong). What do you all think of this theory of mine? Because I believe, with good username, comes good responsibility lol

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
lol interesting I'll say if your username is something like cena373653 then chances are you're not gonna be really active since it comes off as a I'm just here to get a stream or something name.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Usually when someone resorts to numbers it's because of a lack of creativity or laziness, two attributes that don't help you when you have a forum with genuinely smart wrestling fans. Those kind of guys would thrive on bigger wrestling forums where they can spam and say the exact same thing that everyone else in the thread has already pointed out. Yeah, also the laziness part falls into your stream idea.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I've found this theory generally accurate on most forums out there. Not sure where the correlation lies exactly, though.

Starbuck

Reaction score
How is my name? Starbuck? I've always wondered how that would work as a musician's stage-name; most people associate me with coffee and think I'm ready to go, but nah man... my family crest is of a buck and I've always loved staring at the stars and skies, more-so when I'm high. Feeling mellow, spacey and just having no cares in the world is all I need in life to be happy. I just like being high... allllll the tiiiiiime! My name shouldn't correlate with being busy or active, but I do tend to lurk here and post in non-wrestling related forums. If you guys nabbed me seven years ago or had of been around back then, you would've had a lot to hear from me about the 'E but I don't watch anything on t.v. anymore.

I see your point, Onyx, and I do believe it from past forums I was at. But even somebody with a number that means something to them could be posting a Hell of a lot, too, or just be real active because they find topics that keep them thriving for more to seek. I don't see myself leaving any forum I go to, I only have some posting spurts or just keep at my pace.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
I associate you with Kara Thrace from Battlestar Galactica, which is fine by me. haha.

Starbuck

Reaction score
Haha I figure somebody would have. I'm not a chick.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I've always associated the name Starbuck, or rather Starbucks, with the band Nickelback. They are both as mainstream as one can possibly go in their respective industries. And I think Nickelback's name was inspired by something to do with a coffee place.

I think typing that post is the most time Nickelback has ever inhabited my thoughts.