• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

My Summerslam 2021 Card

Redboy123@

Summerslam this year is going to be a huge event. In front of a packed out crowd, it may just be the first big wrestling show that will feel normal again.

The following match card is the card that I would book under the presumption that Brock Lesnar will miss this show out as per reported by Dave Meltzer.

This is a big boy card with some huge matches I doubt anyone on this forum would book a match card as good as this.

Reigns vs Big E
Lashley vs Cena
Ripley vs Lynch
Belair vs Banks
Edge vs Rollins
Crews vs Cesaro
McIntyre vs Sheamus
Owens vs Zayn
The Usos vs The Mysterio Family
Styles and Omos vs RKBro

There are few names that I have failed to fit in that would almost certainly will feature. Charlotte Flair will probably be involved in a title match for the rest of infinity. So stick her in to the Ripley vs Becky match if you must. Or to be bit unorthodox and bury Flair withcareer destroying feud with one of the worst characters in wwe history, Alexa Bliss.

Womans tag titles, who really gives a toss? Asuka and Nikki Cross is a likeable pairing I guess they could be the ones to topple the mighty duo of Snuka and Niedhart .

Thoughts on my card and what would you change?

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Let me do something rare: give WWE credit.
That Styles and Omos vs RKBro and Usos vs Mysterios are obviously where they're going, RKBro will get along, Jimmy will fall in line to do Roman's bidding, and both pairs of tag challengers will win the titles on this show, and it'll be great storytelling and great matches and great finishes. Good job, unless plans change because WWE and they just have Orton turn on Riddle on Monday or some shit

Owens/Zayn, I'd save time on this. If anything I'd book them in a multi-man match for the IC Championship, where Sami hits a Helluva Kick on Owens, have Commander Nuts or whatever his name is pull him off, and Apollo pin Owens. Give a little actual credibility to Sami's conspiracy theory character than having him being a trash-talking loser.

Sheamus and Drew... okay, I guess. Feels like a huge demotion for Drew but if he's not winning the title at HIAC anything would be. Raw's roster sucks, and I don't see a better option than this unless we go full pre-show with Sheamus (who's been a beast in the ring lately)

Edge and Rollins, sign me up

Belair/Banks is weirdly one of very few womens' matchups where the match isn't either done to death, involves non-talents or are lacking any sort of chemistry. I'd love to see these two in some sort of stipulation match though.

Rhea vs Lynch? For the promos alone sign me up. Think these two can really bring the best out of one another if WWE doesn't get in the way of the build. Just let these two be serious (no signs they'll do that with Rhea but w/e) and talk shit and we'll see what happens in the ring

Lashley and Cena... interesting. While I am TOTALLY TRIGGERED by the John Cena whitewashing (No, he isn't an all time great. He's closer to Triple H than Ric Flair. His reign on top absolutely sucked and just because you remember that US Title reign with a different kind of shitty formula match doesn't erase the entire 2007-2013 era. Stop this. Please.) if you have to have him back...it's interesting to have him here. Again, I'm not sure who else Lashley would face unless they bring back Keith Lee (amazing how the biggest push you can have on Raw is being off TV) so this may be the most interesting outcome? Who knows, lets be real, it's 2021 and people will think it's "progressive" to do Kofi vs Lashley which could make it a bigger draw than Cena, so why not

Reigns vs Big E is a weird one... The Cena match actually fits the story well, with Reigns/Usos leaving with big wins and gold, but man do I not want to see it. But Big E has so little history with Roman, and this title win has to be a big emotional moment when Roman loses... sounds crazy but I'd almost see Main Event Jey win the belt from him down the line. But if this was any other title reign, with so few challengers and wanting to build a new guy up... I'd love the idea. Hmm

Redboy123@

Let me do something rare: give WWE credit.
That Styles and Omos vs RKBro and Usos vs Mysterios are obviously where they're going, RKBro will get along, Jimmy will fall in line to do Roman's bidding, and both pairs of tag challengers will win the titles on this show, and it'll be great storytelling and great matches and great finishes. Good job, unless plans change because WWE and they just have Orton turn on Riddle on Monday or some shit
Tag team division seem alot better atm. That's not saying much but still gotta give them credit that they are setting up two decent matches with decent storytelling.

Owens/Zayn, I'd save time on this. If anything I'd book them in a multi-man match for the IC Championship, where Sami hits a Helluva Kick on Owens, have Commander Nuts or whatever his name is pull him off, and Apollo pin Owens. Give a little actual credibility to Sami's conspiracy theory character than having him being a trash-talking loser.
Yeah no problem with a multi man match involving theses two. My think was that it's a huge stage for them to have big blow off match, where hopefully they have such a great match that Sami Zayn starts reverting back to the old Zayn and regain the respect of the fans and his best friend. Would really love to see him start the match off as his usual cowardly self and then showing more and more fight as the match continues. Great storytelling and a great face turn.

Sheamus and Drew... okay, I guess. Feels like a huge demotion for Drew but if he's not winning the title at HIAC anything would be. Raw's roster sucks, and I don't see a better option than this unless we go full pre-show with Sheamus (who's been a beast in the ring lately)
It is a demotion but unfortunately the only way is down for Drew until he moves to Smackdown. I'm suspecting he will lose to Bobby at HIAC meaning he is out of the title scene.

I do think this would benefit him massively as I get the impression that fans have soured on him in recent months so this could be a great refresh. Have him win the US title to achieve grand slam status like whattheydud with Roman a few years ago. Seems like that would be abig achievement for him at a big stage.

Also booked this match because of the history of the two and it could tear the house down in front of a crowd. Sheamus is without doubt one of the most consistently brilliant inring performers of the last year. He deserves this spotlight.

I can't think of anyone else for Drew to face on Raw.

Belair/Banks is weirdly one of very few womens' matchups where the match isn't either done to death, involves non-talents or are lacking any sort of chemistry. I'd love to see these two in some sort of stipulation match though.

Belair/Banks is weirdly one of very few womens' matchups where the match isn't either done to death, involves non-talents or are lacking any sort of chemistry. I'd love to see these two in some sort of stipulation match though
Wrestlemania main event rematch at Summerslam. Love to see it. Just dont have them cry this time.

Rhea vs Lynch? For the promos alone sign me up. Think these two can really bring the best out of one another if WWE doesn't get in the way of the build. Just let these two be serious (no signs they'll do that with Rhea
I've actually changed my mind on this. No doubt it's a big match but I dont think it's the right time. If Lynch is coming back then she is coming back to win. Shes a huge star and to have lose would be dumb, shes a young woman not like old grizzled Goldberg type returning to put over a young talent.Having Ripley job to Lynch would be wet fart of a title reign. A Ripley win would just suck balls because she has no personality or character.

Lashley and Cena... interesting. While I am TOTALLY TRIGGERED by the John Cena whitewashing (No, he isn't an all time great. He's closer to Triple H than Ric Flair. His reign on top absolutely sucked and just because you remember that US Title reign with a different kind of shitty formula match doesn't erase the entire 2007-2013 era. Stop this. Please.) if you have to have him back...it's interesting to have him here. Again, I'm not sure who else Lashley would face unless they bring back Keith Lee (amazing how the biggest push you can have on Raw is being off TV) so this may be the most interesting outcome? Who knows, lets be real, it's 2021 and people will think it's "progressive" to do Kofi vs Lashley which could make it a bigger draw than Cena, so why not
Cena vs Lashley would be big but I've changed my mind. Seems a bit out of no where.

Keith Lee vs Lashley (which also would be 'progressive') would make alot more sense but I just can't see WWE ever pushing Lee to be the main evented that he can be.

Kofi vs Lashley I really like because i think they could tell an amazing story. I think babyface Kofi challenging for a world title is guaranteed to be amazing the fact that they could tie it to a great story where Kofis morals and friendship with woods is tested by the hurt business. Would he trade his soul for a title match.

Of course if Brock is available then 100% do Brock vs Bobby and have it be a trilogy similar to Goldberg Lesnar.

Reigns vs Big E is a weird one... The Cena match actually fits the story well, with Reigns/Usos leaving with big wins and gold, but man do I not want to see it. But Big E has so little history with Roman, and this title win has to be a big emotional moment when Roman loses... sounds crazy but I'd almost see Main Event Jey win the belt from him down the line. But if this was any other title reign, with so few challengers and wanting to build a new guy up... I'd love the idea. Hmm
If I was to do this again I would actually do Cena vs Roman. Cena vs Roman and Lashley vs Lesnar, that would be blockbuster. I actually think this match could really under deliver. I remember their last match and it was awful

A Big E vs Roman fued is sure to happen at some point and despite little history together, I have a few ideas of what emotional beats they could use. Big E is a clown after all so it would be a great opportunity for him to get seriousand finally step up. I say do the feud a few months down the line with a New Day reunited. It's just isnt Big E's time right now. Maybe Summerslam next year

Redboy123@

This guy literal copied me lol.

But seriously inthink alot of people can see that they can book so incredible singles matches for this years Summerslam. It may just be the most anticipated Summerslam for years.