My recent work

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_King

Reaction score
New Generation Wrestling: Not a fan of the block effect. It's just too choppy for me and ruins the images. The font needs stroke. Unfortunately, you can barely tell it's there.
Death: The best one you've posted yet. The effect is solid. Background is compelling. Font is okay but works. I'd suggest maybe brightening up the Taker render and using a darker purple for the background, and you've got a great piece on your hand. 7/10.

Have you considered joining the GFX league?

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
New Generation Wrestling: Not a fan of the block effect. It's just too choppy for me and ruins the images. The font needs stroke. Unfortunately, you can barely tell it's there.
Death: The best one you've posted yet. The effect is solid. Background is compelling. Font is okay but works. I'd suggest maybe brightening up the Taker render and using a darker purple for the background, and you've got a great piece on your hand. 7/10.

Have you considered joining the GFX league?

Sorry if I sound noobish, but what's the GFW league?

And a lot of people on my site said they liked NGW banner, though, it was the first and only time I've used the weave. And I couldn't seem to undo it, so I tried to sell it tbh.

Death, I liked it too. Yes, I should've used a darker purple, IDK about the Taker render, probably you're right.

But I'd just like to thank you so much for your posts, it's really helped me because on one site I just hear "good job" but I know I can improve, I've come a long way in the short time I've been making them, but I know I can do much better and the constructive criticism you're giving me is a huge part in me becoming better, and it's better than what I received in my first week "Dump GIMP, download Photoshop". So I really like to thank you, and I've been working a good amount and more work will be posted today or tomorrow all together.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Dezsig.jpg

(I love Dez and the Cowboys)

Mavericks.jpg

(I hate them, don't get any ideas)

BlakeGriffin.jpg

(I don't like Griffin either)

KaitlynandAJ.jpg

(Was requested)

BradAttitudesig.jpg

(I got bored last night)

Last edited:

The_King

Reaction score
GFX league is the graphic's league. Each week people get put into battles with other graphic's makers and then people vote for a winner. It's kinda' like an e-fed for graphics.
No problem on the feedback!

Dez Bryant: One of your better ones for sure. The render works and flows well with the background. The text works. The plain color for the background is a tad boring, but it just works with this piece. Nice job!
Mavs: It's okay. The problem with it is that the renders/logo don't flow with the actual piece. They're just too distinct.

For the other three, the problem is that the background is just a gradient, and unlike the Bryant piece, the renders don't flow unfortunately. If you wanted them to flow, you'd have to add a light gradient to them that matches the color of the background and play with the lighting. However, I'd suggest moving away from the plain color/gradient backgrounds b/c they're plain and hard to pull off usually. Try shooting for looks more like the Taker banner up above. Also, I'd suggest looking up blending tutorials for GIMP and trying to make simple, three pic banners b/c they're easier to pull off than the current stocks you're working on.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Thanks for the feedback, I'll think about the GFX league but I'll need to become better as you said before I enter that.

I am trying to do that, but I've been trying to pull it off, Dez did very well. Others didn't, as you pointed out. I will be trying to do some stuff like that. I may sometimes do what I do with the avatars, having some logos as the backgrounds. I'll look into improving, that's why I do it.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
I am going to post some more of my work soon

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Wow.. I used to be bad! Hopefully when I get my new laptop, download GIMP again, and improve.