My Manchester United rant thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
Gundogan is a lot like Modric, you really can't go wrong with that. Your double pivot has to be really defensive or has a ying-yang of some sorts. That's why Gundogan-Mautidi would be a great double pivot imo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
There's a lot of players that need to go during Summer and quite a few need to be brought in. I'm not a United fan but this is the team i'd like to see for next season. It will be difficult to sign some of the players in this team but if they could.

c9a2f59a7e703ec27d31ada53f8d0354.png

With Moyes in charge, this team really wouldn't help us at all. Veratti is a decent midfielder but he is not top-tier, and top-tier is what we need. It absolutely shocks me that you've kept Evra in this team as well... I'm so glad that dude is leaving in the summer. This should be our team for next year (not that I think we can get these players easily):

De Gea
Rafael - Jones - Hummels - Coentrao
Carrick
Mata - Gundogan
Januzaj - Rooney - Reus

You probably have some obvious questions.
  • Why the system change? We need three in the midfield to win big games and actually dominate them. However, the system can be changed for different games. For example, if we were to play a team like Sunderland at home, we can easily adapt the system to have two up front (switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as the CAM and Hernandez as the striker).
  • Why no RVP? Apparently he wants to leave, and since I DO NOT believe in playing a system with Rooney and RVP both starting, one of them has to go. Rooney looks like he'll be signing a 5 year contract so we might as well stick with him. I would prefer RVP to stay though and have him play up top.
  • Gundogan, Reus, Hummels, and Coentrao? Yeah, I know, dream on. Gundogan, Coentrao, and Reus are targets I can easily see coming though. Gundogan is out of contract very soon and wants to leave for a much larger pay cheque. He also wants games to get into a very competitive Germany squad. We can pay him whatever he wants and he will start every single game under us. Hummels is a target that I do not see us getting whatsoever, because 3 players leaving Dortmund and coming to United seems very unrealistic, but perhaps we can use Kagawa to get him (although I do NOT want him to go). If we can't get Hummels then I'd try and get Subotic, but again, he's a Dortmund player. Hard position to replace

A slightly more realistic team though:

De Gea
Rafael - Jones - Mangala - Shaw
Carrick - Gundogan
Januzaj - Mata - Reus
Rooney
Not bad, huh?

Gundogan is too attacking imo, Verratti and Carrick could sit deep and spray the balls about. They could also cut any counter attacks down and if another side has a good attacking midfielder than Verratti could man mark them.
Are you drunk? Gundogan is incredible defensively bro. In fact, if I could design a midfielder United need most, he'd be the midfielder I come out with. He is absolutely perfect in every way, apart from his recent injury troubles.

Honestly? I would sell RVP, put Rooney up top and either get Kagawa on CAM or buy someone that's very promising on the CAM spot. Michael Carrick? meh, he's getting kinda old, why not buy someone like Gundogan to replace him? Honestly, Mautidi-Gundogan as the double pivot would be lovely. As for left back, Luke Shaw would be the ideal replacement for Evra. I would replace Papadopoulous for someone like Smalling or Johnny Evans or even Rafael.

I completely agree that we need one up top to stack our midfield. Rooney and RVP playing together really doesn't help the team. I agree with Luke Shaw as well, but the guy is a boyhood Chelsea fan and Chelsea want him -- tough competition. Papadopoulous is unproven and overrated, I'd much rather someone like Mangala.

Reactions: NickAngel12

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
Hummels, Gundogan and Reus? Why not take the rest of Dortmund while you're at it. :dawg:

Soselo

Jobber
Reaction score
Kroos would be an unbelievable signing but he'd be stupid to go to United.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Rooney officially signs new contract 300k a week apparently ouch! Is he really worth it?
My theory on why we did that:
  • Embarrassment. Moyes can't be known as the guy who brought in Fellaini for 30m (a glorified sub), Mata when we had backup in his position (though I love him for getting Juan), and letting Rooney go to Chelsea. He had to sign Rooney and Rooney's agents took him to the cleaners.
  • Desperation. Moyes knows already he's under a ton of pressure and one of the only players to look like a United player is Rooney with his performances, so he knows attracting someone like Rooney if we don't make it to the CL is impossible.
  • Lastly, I have a theory that RVP does indeed want to go. Tons of reports on it and he's one of those players that exaggerates on injuries. He doesn't seem to care about the club as much as someone like Rooney and clearly doesn't buy into Moyes (I don't blame him). Perhaps Moyes knows this and knew he had to keep one of these players; Rooney being 28 and a fan favourite was the obvious choice.
Convince Barcelona to give you my boy Neymar.

e41OS31.gif
Would do anything for a winger who doesn't just cross. United are already experts in diving, so bringing in one more diver is fine by me.

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
My theory on why we did that:
  • Embarrassment. Moyes can't be known as the guy who brought in Fellaini for 30m (a glorified sub), Mata when we had backup in his position (though I love him for getting Juan), and letting Rooney go to Chelsea. He had to sign Rooney and Rooney's agents took him to the cleaners.
  • Desperation. Moyes knows already he's under a ton of pressure and one of the only players to look like a United player is Rooney with his performances, so he knows attracting someone like Rooney if we don't make it to the CL is impossible.
  • Lastly, I have a theory that RVP does indeed want to go. Tons of reports on it and he's one of those players that exaggerates on injuries. He doesn't seem to care about the club as much as someone like Rooney and clearly doesn't buy into Moyes (I don't blame him). Perhaps Moyes knows this and knew he had to keep one of these players; Rooney being 28 and a fan favourite was the obvious choice.

Would do anything for a winger who doesn't just cross. United are already experts in diving, so bringing in one more diver is fine by me.
Can't be experts without the master. :neymar2:

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Ronaldo doesn't dive as much anymore, not just because he doesn't need to as much, but also it's not as believable, considering how much more defintion and muscle he has nowadays.

But yeah, Ronaldo did good diving, Drogba would be quite the diver at times too. Heck, even Jens Lehman dived once.