MVP's finisher?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Many people think that MVP should be pushed but how can you be pushed if you have a finisher like the "playmaker"? I agree that he should be pushed but not with the "playmaker."

Can anyone think of some better finishers.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
What's the problem with the playmaker? It's okay with me. He can deliver it well in my opinion and there's no need for it to change.

The Mac

Reaction score
Looks a bit weak though. Whenever I use that move on my brother it ends up hurting me more than hurting him!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Yeah there's nothing really wrong with it, I personally like the big boot he does more but the playmaker is a nice little finisher and there is no reason to change it imo.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I still don't like the Playmaker but MVP's mat work is much more superior then his finisher. He's more known for his wrestling ability not just his finisher (Petey Williams).

HHHforever

Reaction score
Yea, he very rarely if ever even uses the playmaker anymore. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw it. In fact I really don't even know what it looks like, I just know the last time I saw it I wasn't impressed with it. Even though it isn't a great finisher, I think he can still get pushed using it. It's always nice to switch things up though so I wouldn't be opposed to making a change.

JMay187

Reaction score
Everybody's had that finisher its just keeps getting put down.

The people that have had it is John Cena, Randy Orton, Carlito, Sanitno, and many others.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
In fact I really don't even know what it looks like

It's the Overdrive move that Randy Orton first used when he came up to the main roster a couple years ago.

-EDIT-

Here's a video of it...

[YT]gR2IdAVqQI4[/YT]

noumenon

MVP is definately deserving of a nice little push. Maybe not to grab the WHC title yet but at least get his first chance at a hunt for it. I've got no problem with his finisher, nothing wrong with it IMO. There are a lot of guys on the roster that are seriously lacking in that department. It seems like everyone and their mother uses some form of a spinning neckbreaker as a finisher now-a-days. Look at Kennedy's "Mic Check"...how many people have used the Downward Spiral, Flatliner..ect. over the years.

trilogy

Reaction score
i like mvp even though i really dont like heels

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I hope MVP becomes WWE Champion. Raw needs another big time heel. Raw has three big faces and two heels- Orton and JBL.

About, his finisher being weak, we don't need to go through the Peoples Elbow, Leg Drop, etc....

Travis40

I say MVP is already getting a major push, and he's bound for a World Title...remember the last time someone held the IC/US Title this long and then lost it? Randy Orton 2004...what happened right after he lost it? He won the World Title...I see MVP as a World Champion by the end of 2008. As for the Playmaker, I really don't have any problems with it.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I don't really think its that good of a finisher, And a new one could be good IMO if they pick the right one for him. But IMO he is doing great with out even relying on the play-maker he ain't used it that often lately, The big boot and his mat skills along with his mic skills are doing him justice. So if it aint broke don't fix it.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
VP's finisher IS weak. He needs a new one, immediatly. IDK what, but he does need a new one.

eggthief

Reaction score
I don´t mind him using the playmaker, though I´d prefer his big boot as his finisher.