MVP...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
...is cutting some awesome shit against Randy Orton and Legacy right now. He's steppin' up pretty damn solid right now. I hope they push this shit for all it's worth and start up a good 2-3 month feud, and let MVP get the run he deserves. This shit is catching me markin' on both sides. Who to cheer for!?

razaki

Reaction score
I TOTALLY agree.

I normally don't check the forums during RAW, but after watching MVP do his thing, I figured someone else had to think it was as good as I did.

That was some impressive shit, for sure.

As for who to cheer for...wow. Depending on Batista vs. Show, this could be a heck of a RAW.

MikeRaw

That was pretty great. Was it just me, or did Raw miss him coming out though? They showed like a 5 minute video package of Orton vs Triple H, and then cut back to MVP talking... But it was a very solid promo. One thing thats been good about him, even as he has been a face, is that he still kept his persoanlity. Alot of guys, when they turn face, they lose their characteristics. Now obviously he's not exactly the same, but he's kept his swagger and overall coolness, and that should help him. Good promo!

CT Styles

There's currently some room on RAW for people to make a name. Cena, Michaels and Triple H are all out for indefinite amounts of time. I'm yet to see the promo but it was obviously impressive. I'd love for MVP to really capitalize on those guys' absences.

Rated-R Punk

Reaction score
I agree, hopefully MVP can do big things on RAW, what a way to start, that promo was so good, really is a natural on the mic whether he or face, brialliant!

When he came out to interupt orton he got a pretty decent sized pop, and his promo was awesome with the crowd right behind him...but then when he came out to face orton later, the crowd was silent, but in the match, they got behind him again. I don't get it, he is really starting to get over as a face at some points and others he gets little to no reaction!

Reaction score
I always felt MVP had STAR quality. He showed that last night. Now while he ISN'T The Rock obviously he's got the potential ZING of a Rock like character with catchy lines, and smooth talking. MVP is going up guys, he's going up.

kingovkings

Reaction score
MVP was awesome on Raw. He cut a sweet promo on Orton and is wicked on the mic. I hope he really gets pushed. And by the looks of things HBK and HHH are out till summer time, and Cena is possibly gonna take some sort of time off. Now would be a great time to Push MVP. He has what it takes IMO to hang in the ME. Really hope something starts happening for him.

noumenon

I loved MVP on RAW last night. He did a great fuckin job of stepping up to the plate and really got an amazing face reaction.
Initially I was really unsure of him as a face but he does an amazing job with both the comedy and playing up towards the fans. No one kill me here but very Rock'esque with calling Priceless Abercrombie models and at the same time talking about beating ass.
"Break yo'self lackey....Orton didn't give you permission to speak." LMFAO!

Also, what a trial by fire for Priceless putting them on the mic against someone as good as MVP.
Bottom line...PUSH THIS MOTHERFUCKER QUICK!!!

Airfixx

I agree, hopefully MVP can do big things on RAW, what a way to start, that promo was so good, really is a natural on the mic whether he or face, brialliant!

When he came out to interupt orton he got a pretty decent sized pop, and his promo was awesome with the crowd right behind him...but then when he came out to face orton later, the crowd was silent, but in the match, they got behind him again. I don't get it, he is really starting to get over as a face at some points and others he gets little to no reaction!

Not seen Raw yet, but up until last night it's seemed to be just his natural charisma keeping him over. I don't think the entire crowd are/were sold on him yet as it's quite clear that MVP's face persona hasn't really evolved/revealed itself yet. (Since the end of the losing streak we've really just been seeing a 'shell' of a character.)

Hopefully last night's promo is the first step.

noumenon

I think a Y2J path would be interesting. By that I mean...not much of a change between heel MVP and face MVP....it's just who he's directing his bullshit at you know? He's got the comedy pretty down pat as evident by last night though.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
MVP had incredible charisma. I think I was caught off guard at his entrance, even though I'm overly familiar with the clock, I was still not expecting it. I didn't believe it fully until the ma started speaking. He played the crowd well, he's still got his heel gimmick for the most part, but as stated above, directing it at Orton, he's got the crowd behind him. He was gold vs. Ted with the speech. Cody's a bit better on the mic. I thought MVP's "steppin' up and handlin' that myself" line was one of the best lines I've heard in WWE in forever because of the charisma and confidence behind the line. He was very Rock-esque as far as charisma level... and while he may not have cut the best face promo since The Rock... he definitely cut one of the best ones.

The match itself wasn't 5-star by any means, it was barely a 3 on lenient standards... which was good imo. It left us wanting more, especially with the ending. We want to see MVP get another shot at Orton, they did some alright stuff in the match, but for once in WWE in a long time, the buildup to the PPV match, if it ever happens, was kinda quiet and left us wanting more.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it happen if it does. I think MVP is definitely ready for the ME.

Enigma22

Reaction score
he had a great match with ortan on raw. im thinkin he will be main eventing regularly before long especially with hhh and cena being out for some time.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Cena isn't out. I've heard he's rumored to be fighting Big Show at the PPV. I think WWE is doing the right thing finally though, and pushing Cena out of the ME scene for a while. I could very well be wrong, but I hope it's what they'll do. It'll build his fan support back up for a while. I can't really recall a PPV when Cena was healthy that he wasn't in the Main Event while keeping guys worthy of at least getting to build some experience out of it. It gives the E time to push some guys, and rebuild Cena's support and character. I don't think Cena's taking any time off or going to be out. He wouldn't have showed up on Raw if he was out.

noumenon

If he keeps up his feud with Pricless it could really do a lot for both of them. They'de both be forced to up the shit out of their mic skills when cutting against MVP and it would really be the first real feud for either of them.

The Rated R CMStar

I think WWE is doing the right thing finally though, and pushing Cena out of the ME scene for a while. I could very well be wrong, but I hope it's what they'll do. It'll build his fan support back up for a while. I can't really recall a PPV when Cena was healthy that he wasn't in the Main Event while keeping guys worthy of at least getting to build some experience out of it

1) Give me a break, they kept Cena out of the main event for most of 2008. It was almost insulting he was out that long. Keeping him away from the title too much isn't a good thing.

2) His fan support is already up. The ones who boo him now will boo him forever.

3) Maybe they weren't new guys, but Cena didnt main event from JD to Night of Champions, and arguably, when he did main evented, he was just a filler.