MVP Shoots Down Rumors

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
MVP recently shot down rumors on his Twitter that he would be debuting a new "rapper" gimmick. He posted the following… A) my name is not Alvin Burke B) I'm not working on a "rapper" gimmick! C) My new intro will debut soon with me & Cenas project to follow. Not sure where these rumors started but we never reported them here on this website.

EWN

Is his name Hassan or Alvin or something entirely different?

As for not changing his gimmick, Thank God. I want a heel turn from him and I want him to act in a specific way so it wouldn't help him to change gimmick. He needs to turn heel but with the lack of faces in WWE, He's stuck. I don't see him getting pushed to the moon anytime soon but I do see him getting a decent run on Smackdown picking up a few victories.

Airfixx

Reaction score
"me & Cenas project to follow"

That's the only part that got my attention....

What gives here, anyone? ...Or is this just some spin-off TV, charity work or similar they've got going on between them?

...god...

Reaction score
New intro? Like new theme I hope. Ever since he removed the awesome intro and entrance from his theme, he's went down hill.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
You may not be doing a rapper gimmick but you'll have a black guy gimmick nonetheless. It's about time he gets a new theme though.

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a new theme. I hope he can become a heel soon because I feel he's getting stale. His performances on NXT have been great and this has been the only time where I've actually enjoyed his time as a face. His perfect gimmick (IMO) was the one he debuted in and I loved his IC run.

Reaction score
You may not be doing a rapper gimmick but you'll have a black guy gimmick nonetheless. It's about time he gets a new theme though.

Well tell me, what's a "Black Guy Gimmick" as opposed a "White Guy Gimmick" or a "Hispanic Guy Gimmick"?

Reaction score
Well tell me, what's a "Black Guy Gimmick" as opposed a "White Guy Gimmick" or a "Hispanic Guy Gimmick"?

I can answer that. A stereotypical black guy gimmick features the rapping coolguy look which is gawd-awful. I've seen so many people act like that. WWE doesn't need one as it often makes a company look old and not with the times. They'd be better doing a gimmick not based on his skin colour or his ethnic background.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Basically the same thing.

They are the same thing. That's what I was getting at.

Pretty much stereo typing is what I meant. A "black guy gimmick is either a rapper, a thug, hoodlum, X-con, etc. R-Truth and Cryme Tyme are examples of that. The one's out of recent memory that avoided any type of black guy gimmick that I remember off the top of my head are Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, and Big Zeke. A Hispanic gimmick is (for lack of a better word) a dirty mexican or a lucha libre. Eddie, Chavo would fit the dirty mexican role. The one's that avoided that gimmick were Mysterio (not sure about his ECW and WCW days) and this new guy Del Rio. But Mysterio has the lucha role. It's all stereo typing. Honestly surprised there hasn't been a smart Asian gimmick yet. But Asians just go out and job nothing else so I guess they don't need one.

Reaction score
How many possible gimmicks are there for a black wrestler? I mean, what can you do gimmick wise that won't draw a Race Card maneuver from Sharpton, Jackass and other pro-racist organizations such as Rainbow/PUSH?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm not drawing the race card. Just saying what black guy gimmick and hispanic gimmicks were. But any and everything will draw the race card out of anyone. There are black people boycotting that Antione Dobson guy. They are saying he is bad representation of black people. Since when was a random black guy off the streets a representative of an entire race? He got big off a real interview that people thought he looked and sounded dumb. He's the flavor of the month and now he's a representative. Honestly, sometimes being black pissed me off. And I get backlash from other blacks because of how I feel about dumb shit like this and the N word.