MRRRRR Unemployed!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Ripper

Reaction score
Source: Wrestling Observer

- Sometime this fall Mr. Kennedy’s WWE contract will be expiring and many wouldn’t be surprised to see WWE let Kennedy go considering how this past year has been for him.

- Despite the recent twelve WWE contract releases, backstage belief is that more cuts are on their way and may even happen this week.

I really cant see how WWE could let him go after the build up they have giving him in the past. He would be a star TNA would go for and i dont think WWE would want that.

Reaction score
TNA is slowly becoming WWE's mentally Blue cousin. The only thing people seem to talk about is people going from WWE > TNA.

Big news though. Wins MiTB one year, get's released the next...

btman

Reaction score
If I don't believe it will happen it won't. We will see Kennedy in 3 months fo sho!

xtremebadass

They can't let Kennedy go. He is in the new Behind Enemy Lines movie, the star of it, and it has WWE Films as a partner on that movie. Why would they be a partner if Kennedy wasn't with them anymore? His job is secure.

Reaction score
Would be the biggest mistake they have made all year...even bigger than letting go of Jimmy Wang Yang!!!

MikeRaw

WTF is wrong with everyone here? Why are you taking this serious. Read the report...
Sometime this fall Mr. Kennedy’s WWE contract will be expiring and many wouldn’t be surprised to see WWE let Kennedy go considering how this past year has been for him.
Now, that's all just the opinion of the writer. So much of this shit is made up that it's unbelieveable. The original actually said "I" instead of "many", but whatever, anyways, it just proves that there is no actual reason behind it, and all it is is this writer deciding to juice up a story based on his opinion. People need to learn that.

Travis40

I don't think people get that he won't be released...he won't be resigned....plus, I think this is a bullshit story imo

MikeRaw

^It is, just read it, it is just the writer giving his "opinion".. Bullshit imo.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Yeah, I doubt they release him. They probably wont use him. If he does get released it will be next year. But I wish he would be relesed this year, 'cuz he isn't being used on WWE. And when he is being used he gets injured.

Travis40

Well, the "original plan for SS" was to have Kennedy/Shelton for the title...so...hopefully Kennedy gets pushed when he returns.

C4

As Xtremebadass said above, his job is 100% secure.

They wouldn't make him win the Money in the Bank neither would they decide to switch brands with him through the draft if they had plans of not renewing his contract once it expires. Plus Kennedy has no backstage problems with the company so there isn't any valid reason for which he would be released, it's just another point of view from the person who wrote it.

MikeRaw

As Xtremebadass said above, his job is 100% secure.

They wouldn't make him win the Money in the Bank neither would they decide to switch brands with him through the draft if they had plans of not renewing his contract once it expires. Plus Kennedy has no backstage problems with the company so there isn't any valid reason for which he would be released, it's just another point of view from the person who wrote it.

:rofl: I agree he won't be released, BUT, in all fairness, be serious here. Just because he won MITB 2 years ago, doesn't mean he's safe with a job for life. Same with switching brands.
But ya, still, I don't think he will be released either, and it's just a news guy making stuf fup, but you should at least be sensible. lol.

Qwake

That title is bullshit! I was gonna stop watching WWE shows if Kennedy was "unemployed" like it says :nonono:

Kennedy will not be released and if he does he will be in TNA within the time it took Kurt Angle, Kennedy will return sometime down the line imo.