most overrated wrestler from back in the day?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

most overated wrestler from back in the day?

• brian pillman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ultimate warrior

• owen hart

• demolition

• jeff jarrett

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mean Smark Callous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.redmeat.com
He had what is most important in professional wrestling: charisma. He could hold an entire arena of people in the palms of his hands and have them react the way he wanted them to. Fantastic on the mic. He could wrestle just fine, watch his matches from Japan. In the US he didn't have to put on a clinic daily, he knew what the people wanted and gave it to them.

yeah he had charisma and mic skills but his moveset was crap.
bodyslam, bodyslam, no-sell, fingershake, punch, punch, whip, big boot, leg drop, repeat forever

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
yeah he had charisma and mic skills but his moveset was crap.
bodyslam, bodyslam, no-sell, fingershake, punch, punch, whip, big boot, leg drop, repeat forever
And everyone ate it up at the time. When you're out of this world over everywhere, why change? Was Austin any different? Lou thesz press, stomp a mud hole, kick, punch, stunner, repeat. Rock? Punch, kick, sharpshooter, people's elbow, Rock bottom, repeat. Don't get me started on flair for repetition even though I love him.

Reactions: seabs

Mean Smark Callous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.redmeat.com
And everyone ate it up at the time. When you're out of this world over everywhere, why change? Was Austin any different? Lou thesz press, stomp a mud hole, kick, punch, stunner, repeat. Rock? Punch, kick, sharpshooter, people's elbow, Rock bottom, repeat. Don't get me started on flair for repetition even though I love him.

ok fair enough.
i just never liked hogan so i admit bias.

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'd say its a tie between the two biggest jobbers of all time: Mr. Perfect and Bret Hart.

They don't compare to true greats like the Miz.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I'd say its a tie between the two biggest jobbers of all time: Mr. Perfect and Bret Hart.

They don't compare to true greats like the Miz.
RYmyt.jpg

Reaction score
not trying to troll or be controversial here but I was born in 86 and raised on wrestling from '90-'02 and watching WWEN has made me realize that 95% of the all time greats are massively overrated and I just didnt know any better as a kid... I wont name names for fear of chaffing the hides of marks but even some of my childhood favorites look utterly Khali-ish compared to the greats of today

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
not trying to troll or be controversial here but I was born in 86 and raised on wrestling from '90-'02 and watching WWEN has made me realize that 95% of the all time greats are massively overrated and I just didnt know any better as a kid... I wont name names for fear of chaffing the hides of marks but even some of my childhood favorites look utterly Khali-ish compared to the greats of today

lol

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Weird list. Why are Lex Luger and Jeff Jarrett even on there? You have to be adored by a massive amount of people to technically be considered "Overrated", and I don't know of any large group of people who consider either guy to be all that great at anything.

For me, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper comes to mind when I think of superstars that many people respect and admire but who I simply can't stand. I admit I've enjoyed him on occasion, but he just never did much for me overall. His ranting and raving on the mic was annoying, and I don't see how he managed to get heat with anyone. Then again, he was the most over heel at a time when kayfabe was still very much alive (and when he was up against the most popular wrestler in the world, Hulk Hogan, not to mention violating a very popular Pop star like Cyndi Lauper at the time) so it was much easier to get people to despise you back then. Still, he does little for me.

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
Weird list. Why are Lex Luger and Jeff Jarrett even on there? You have to be adored by a massive amount of people to technically be considered "Overrated", and I don't know of any large group of people who consider either guy to be all that great at anything.

For me, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper comes to mind when I think of superstars that many people respect and admire but who I simply can't stand. I admit I've enjoyed him on occasion, but he just never did much for me overall. His ranting and raving on the mic was annoying, and I don't see how he managed to get heat with anyone. Then again, he was the most over heel at a time when kayfabe was still very much alive (and when he was up against the most popular wrestler in the world, Hulk Hogan, not to mention violating a very popular Pop star like Cyndi Lauper at the time) so it was much easier to get people to despise you back then. Still, he does little for me.
However, They Live is an amazing movie.

Reactions: Lockard 23