Most awful move on wwe right now....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Remember when it was called "Sweet Chin Music"
& Shawn Michaels was the only one who did it?
200.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
As for the worst move right now...I say it's the Rear View. I'm not sure if Naomi still does the move since I skip her matches, though she really should have a high flying move as her finish regardless. C'mon, why on earth would you end a match by just hitting people with your ass like that?
I don't think she uses it as a finisher anymore...she uses that "knee
smashing" split legged moonsault (And I cringe every time she uses
it) or that nasty looking Headscissors crucifix choke...seriously that
looks painful as all hell.

tenor.gif

The Bank Statement also looks just horrid. It just looks like a normal ass chinlock to me.
I like the Bank Statement...mainly how she sets it up with the
backstabber.

tumblr_nrufe6XYtL1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
The Superman Punch, Roman style, is great. Its the camera angle or the opponent who makes it look bad when it does.

If we wanna talk stupid moves... well most of them are dumb and or make no sense. My personal pet peeve move however is the reversal to the figure 4. It doesn't reverse the pressure to the original applicator, and even if it did, you are in a much better position facedown to just crawl to the ropes or reverse it right back.

As for the Bank Statement... it's a reverse monkey flip followed by basically a chinlock as stated. Very rarely does the backcracker look like a backcracker. If she wanted to make it an actually half decent move, she'd do the backcracker to an opponent who is on their knees, then hold instead of flip the opponent and use the chinlock to pull the opponent's back into her knees

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
. My personal pet peeve move however is the reversal to the figure 4. It doesn't reverse the pressure to the original applicator, and even if it did, you are in a much better position facedown to just crawl to the ropes or reverse it right back.

It absolutely does. In high school wrestling, as a joke, since it's not a real wrestling manuever, my friend Tim had me put him in a figure four. He reversed it on me and it was some of the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life.

Reactions: Jeffry Mason

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
It absolutely does. In high school wrestling, as a joke, since it's not a real wrestling manuever, my friend Tim had me put him in a figure four. He reversed it on me and it was some of the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life.
I've done the same with multiple friends, and the only pain I felt was their foot being driven into my gut or my balls depending on how long their legs were. Idk maybe one of us needs lessons in figure 4s. But from a physics perspective, what exactly is pressing into your own legs to cause them pain, since your own legs aren't crossed? Not to mention when applying it and still on your back, it's not the easiest thing to counter since you have most of the leverage as the person applying it. Add to that the fact that there's only one way for a person in a figure 4 to turn over without adding more pressure to their own legs, something many people reversing it in wrestling seem to forget from time to time

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I've done the same with multiple friends, and the only pain I felt was their foot being driven into my gut or my balls depending on how long their legs were. Idk maybe one of us needs lessons in figure 4s. But from a physics perspective, what exactly is pressing into your own legs to cause them pain, since your own legs aren't crossed? Not to mention when applying it and still on your back, it's not the easiest thing to counter since you have most of the leverage as the person applying it. Add to that the fact that there's only one way for a person in a figure 4 to turn over without adding more pressure to their own legs, something many people reversing it in wrestling seem to forget from time to time

Perhaps you and your friends didn't have the move on as tightly as I did. In wrestling, almost no one tightens the move so it likely does not hurt at all. I had it on really tight. Reversed. the leg that was locked over the ankle of the bent leg of the opponent is now bent at the knee with a leg locked firmly behind it.

If you bend your knee normally, nothing happens. If you put something behind your knee and then bend your knee against it, it pushes more pressure on the knee and that is where the pain comes from. The object, in this case the ankle of the opponent, is locked behind the knee so the more the knee is bent, the pressure pushes forward on the joint. So that is why a reversed figure four should hurt.

I do agree that it is silly when it is used because even though it is reversed, you're right about getting to the rope. Back in the day, a lot of times when someone reversed it, the hold was broken immediately by the aggressor.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Oh and just for the record, I am not willing to try it again to see who is right :D

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Perhaps you and your friends didn't have the move on as tightly as I did. In wrestling, almost no one tightens the move so it likely does not hurt at all. I had it on really tight. Reversed. the leg that was locked over the ankle of the bent leg of the opponent is now bent at the knee with a leg locked firmly behind it.

If you bend your knee normally, nothing happens. If you put something behind your knee and then bend your knee against it, it pushes more pressure on the knee and that is where the pain comes from. The object, in this case the ankle of the opponent, is locked behind the knee so the more the knee is bent, the pressure pushes forward on the joint. So that is why a reversed figure four should hurt.

I do agree that it is silly when it is used because even though it is reversed, you're right about getting to the rope. Back in the day, a lot of times when someone reversed it, the hold was broken immediately by the aggressor.
Idk. I suppose I'll have to find someone to try it on again in the near future then. I shall let you know if I get the same results lol. Because what you're saying makes sense, but as I picture I don't see how that particular knee would be forced to bend much further than it was previously. But I'll try again to find out firsthand.

Also remember that. Either it'd be broken or just reversed back almost immediately, leading the opponent to be much closer to the ropes anyway.

Or if you're The Giant you just grab the throat until they let you go and you chokeslam them to win the title

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I did a Figure 4 lock once or twice with a friend when I was like 9/10 yrs old in my Dad's Wrestling Ring.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I still think the leg drop is the dumbest finisher. :hogan:

Nia Jax’s leg drop is even worse. Especially now that’s its known as a finisher for people without a lot of wrestling ability.

I head a Steve Austin podcast a while back talking about how Hogan’s leg drop was a terrible finisher not only because it’s cheap, but because it’s a move that’s bad for the spine.

Think about it. Someone at Hogan’s level is going to have to perform that move a dozen times a week. Every match. And bouncing off you ass like that probably starts to hurt after a while, but you have to keep doing it, it’s your thing.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Nia Jax’s leg drop is even worse. Especially now that’s its known as a finisher for people without a lot of wrestling ability.

I head a Steve Austin podcast a while back talking about how Hogan’s leg drop was a terrible finisher not only because it’s cheap, but because it’s a move that’s bad for the spine.

Think about it. Someone at Hogan’s level is going to have to perform that move a dozen times a week. Every match. And bouncing off you ass like that probably starts to hurt after a while, but you have to keep doing it, it’s your thing.
If you do the move correctly, it won’t mess up your spine any worse than any other move done right. Perhaps it puts you in a prone position for a lower back injury, as some moves are simply more risky for certain parts of the body, but on impact alone, if it’s done properly, it doesn’t “damage” your lower back.

A normal bump, in my opinion, is more impactful than a legdrop ever is. I’ve felt it and done it in a real WWE ring.

Crash

Reaction score
I might get some heat for that but whatever...

1DEhf.gif

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

Also, think about it, Cena, WWE’s top dog for years, has been doing a leg drop move from the top rope for years... thus, if it was that potentially damaging and risky, they wouldn’t allow it or he would do something else. And, the ass has far more cushion than a back does for a bump.... sure if you bump properly you land on your upper back, traps, chin tucked, and disperse through your palms, not back of your hands, but there’s still less meat there than on your ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crash