Most awful move on wwe right now....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
To me, however, a lot of wrestling is like this. 90% of the strikes, even from Styles, Roman, Braun, Taker, etc. look fake as hell to me. Why? Because I did MMA for over 10 years and when I see these guys half ass throw a “punch,” or “kick”... I simply just shake my head as it’s far too fake for my taste.

But, what I come to realize is this: it’s wrestling and it’s fake. They make things look as good as they can, and sometimes, sure, they add some flare to things to try and make it look more devastating interesting. To you and I, the Superman punch from Roman May look cheesy because we know damn well that’s not how you do it, but to most of the crowd, watching Roman jump a few feet in the air to jaw jack someone is exciting.

I cringe every time most superstars throw a “combo” of strikes, because half the time it’s embarrassing to me. But....it’s wrestling. It’s all finesse and about trying to make things look impactful to the lamen. Roman does it, and so does like everyone else.
So in your opinion with your experience...who is the best...
or should I say most realistic "striker" currently employed by
the WWE? that includes NXT of course.

But not including Lesnar when he shoot punches people in
the head for a stray knee strike.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
To me, however, a lot of wrestling is like this. 90% of the strikes, even from Styles, Roman, Braun, Taker, etc. look fake as hell to me. Why? Because I did MMA for over 10 years and when I see these guys half ass throw a “punch,” or “kick”... I simply just shake my head as it’s far too fake for my taste.

But, what I come to realize is this: it’s wrestling and it’s fake. They make things look as good as they can, and sometimes, sure, they add some flare to things to try and make it look more devastating interesting. To you and I, the Superman punch from Roman May look cheesy because we know damn well that’s not how you do it, but to most of the crowd, watching Roman jump a few feet in the air to jaw jack someone is exciting.

I cringe every time most superstars throw a “combo” of strikes, because half the time it’s embarrassing to me. But....it’s wrestling. It’s all finesse and about trying to make things look impactful to the lamen. Roman does it, and so does like everyone else.

We'll just have to disagree on this one. Wrestling moves might all look fake to some, but even so, Roman's Superman punch looks worse to me than any other move at the moment. If other people like the move, fine, happy for them. For me, it's idiotic and I would likely like him a lot more if he stopped doing it. I can tell you factually that it was having to see this move over and over again and not liking it that first put me off of Roman.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score

Aleister Black! I know you didn't ask me but that guy can hit!

We'll just have to disagree on this one. Wrestling moves might all look fake to some, but even so, Roman's Superman punch looks worse to me than any other move at the moment. If other people like the move, fine, happy for them. For me, it's idiotic and I would likely like him a lot more if he stopped doing it. I can tell you factually that it was having to see this move over and over again and not liking it that first put me off of Roman.

Very true. I even liked the 'Drive By' apron dropkick he used to do more than the superman punch. He could just use a power move like a slam of some sort or a power bomb and it would be a massive improvement.

Not having the superman punch (And demeaning the actual superman punch by calling it that) would be an improvement in itself tho.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Aleister Black! I know you didn't ask me but that guy can hit!
Hey! I know I didn't ask you...but you can answer...
& yes...Aleister Black seems like a heavy hitter.

Shayna Baszler looks like she works a bit stiff...
& I've heard Asuka doesn't fuck around if you
piss her off.

I read a rumor that during their Elimination Chamber
match Nia botched a move (No surprise there) &
apparently Asuka's "response" was to kick Nia
"harder" than usual.

God Nia is a botch monkey.

I'm sure she's a lovely lady but I hate watching her
wrestle.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
She feels like she's a danger to other people. And not in a 'omg beast mode' way. Just unsafe worker way.
And he Called it! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Just imagine how amazing Alexa vs. Nia is going to be...
throw in a Carmella cash in & it may have fans begging
for a return of the Bra & Panties matches of old.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Fair point.
Why doesn't he just come up with a New Move set besides the Superman Punch...

That's what I thought after last year's mania main event and the story told down the stretch which I thought was a good one. Reigns would hit a big move, Undertaker would get up, Reigns would hit a big move, Undertaker would kick out,... But gradually the reversals were slower and Taker was wearing down, because he's old now. And then he did that zombie sit-up and tell over half-way through (clearly by design)... But the match sucked largely because Reigns doing big moves means just spamming spears and superman punches.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
You wildin. Superman punch is crazy good. It looks effective and he puts that extra fluff for the crowd. Even MMA fighters use this punch. It has power.

Now if we talking awful moves......it's Bayley's Belly-to-Belly, hands down.

First of all, we in 2018 and we got this bitch DOING A BELLY-TO-BELLY AS A FINISH? WHEN WE GOT GUYS LIKE UNDERTAKER SLAMMING DUDES ON THEIR HEADS FOR 20 YEARS? Missed me with that dumb shit.

AND........AAAAND the way she hits it is fucking horrendous too! She can't even do the move right and she's been using it for years!

The move is just awful on all fronts.

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
You wildin. Superman punch is crazy good. It looks effective and he puts that extra fluff for the crowd. Even MMA fighters use this punch. It has power.

First of all, we in 2018 and we got this bitch DOING A BELLY-TO-BELLY AS A FINISH? WHEN WE GOT GUYS LIKE UNDERTAKER SLAMMING DUDES ON THEIR HEADS FOR 20 YEARS? Missed me with that dumb shit.

AND........AAAAND the way she hits it is fucking horrendous too! She can't even do the move right and she's been using it for years!

I think it would work best as a set up move. Personally, I would like to see her maybe try a Guillotine Choke variation as a finish or maybe something like a Jawbreaker or a Flatliner.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

Yes! All of this is correct!

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

Honestly, as of now, I’m not too sure. Taker was good at making it look like a brawl. He did this with his stance, form, and movement. However, right when he would start throwing and the punches looked like they barely touched the guy, it kind of spoiled it.

I’ll have to keep a closer eye... as of now, no one honestly. But taker at least tried. Oh, and yeah, Brock’s real hits after taking a knee by a guy like Braun.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Jacob Fox beat me to the punch (teehee) when it comes to describing what an actual Superman punch looks like. The move itself honestly isn't bad, it's just whenever it's done over and over each match that makes it lose its appeal. Save the broken record schtick for huge matches rather than "moderately sizable" ones.

As for the worst move right now...I say it's the Rear View. I'm not sure if Naomi still does the move since I skip her matches, though she really should have a high flying move as her finish regardless. C'mon, why on earth would you end a match by just hitting people with your ass like that? The way the Usos do it makes it look like it has an impact even if it does look silly.

The Bank Statement also looks just horrid. It just looks like a normal ass chinlock to me.

And finally...the slap. Literally every single slap. It's not cute, it's not funny, it's not interesting. It's dumb, it's weak, and I want to change the channel every time I see it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

That is a bit off point actually. We're not discussing the Superman punch as a finisher, just as a move that in itself seems ridiculous. The belly to belly suplex is a tried and true old move. Should it be used as a finisher? Probably not. Other than Viscera, I can't recall anyone in the last 30 years who used it as a finisher. Regardless, the move itself has been around for a long time and Bayley executes it like anyone has ever executed it. It is a belly to belly suplex.

Unlike Roman taking a real punch and changing the execution of the move and thus making it not a Superman punch, but some weird flying punch which I have already explained using simple physics would not be as effective, Bayley has not changed the move. Her using it as a finisher is no more ridiculous that the AA/FU, which doesn't really look like it hurts anyone... or what about the Rock using an elbow drop as his finisher? Shawn Michaels used a super kick for his finisher, which he was criticized at the time for that since it was a set up move. There are PLENTY of moves throughout wrestling history used as finishers that shouldn't be. But regardless of that the moves have always been executed the way they are supposed to be executed.

The Superman punch is ridiculous because it's execution looks stupid. It's a faulty comparison.

Reactions: Grievous 3D