Most Anticipated Game of 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Simple thread there's alot of good games coming out this year and there's prob some surprises that haven't he been announced yet. So what new release games are you looking forward to playing the most this year?

For me it's GTA 5 it's rumored to be dropping in September so unless it gets pushed back, it's going to be the game I'm looking forward to the most.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to GTA 5 as well and the next Assassins Creed Game, I'm also hopeful that the third Batman game will be available before November As I'm sure we get the whole Gotham City this time around which will be an excellent game.

Ben

Reaction score
Another God Of War Game is also rumored to be coming out in the fall, but that's based mainly on speculation over a job listing for a composer, so I won't get to excited for that until there's some more concrete evidence that it's going to be coming out.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
No way anyother Batman game would be coming out so soon. In fact, the developers have said they are interested in turning their sights to Superman next and seeing what they can do with him, although the Arkham series will not end yet.

I also doubt GTA 5 will be out this year. All the Rockstar games I can reemember from this generation have been released in May to escape the end-of-year rush. Last I heard it was still slated for release in 2013 and Rockstar love having long waits for their GTA's. They know how to be patient with their releases and let the speculation build amongst gamers the more time goes by.

That said, there are plenty of games to look forward to already in 2012:
- Mass Effect 3
- Hitman: Absolution
- Max Payne 3
- The new Metal Gear Solid (and the HD collection)
- Prototype 2
- Assassin's Creed 3 (hopefully... I mean can we get the fuck away from Altair and Ezio yet?)
- Call of Duty (obviously)

I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Its also been confirmed that Obsidian (the studio behind games like Fallout New Vegas) is working on a full-fledged South Park RPG with Matt Stone and Trey Parker having full creative rights. So they will handle VA'ing, writing, etc, while Obsidian, one of the most accomplished developers of RPG's in the industry, works on the tech side and creates the mechanics and whatnot. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this game, but I'm not sure if its for 2012 or 2013. Details are few.

ecxtasy

Reaction score
I agree with all your postings, and GTA 5 looks like it's going to be a great addition to the series, and can't wait to play it. One game you are all forgetting about though, that is set to release in the first quarter of 2012 is Diablo 3. This has to be one of the most anticipated games in a long time, and I can not wait to start playing it, the teaser looks absolutely amazing. It has been almost, if not, 12 years since Diablo 2 was released. Check out the teaser:

[video=youtube;8scZZfU9Zh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scZZfU9Zh8&feature=related[/video]

Diablo 3 is in Beta Test mode, so unless there is a huge set back, which I doubt there will be, I do expect it to come out in Q1 of 2012, meaning either January, February or March.

Some interesting features are to be included in this release, some first of their kind. For example, one is the In House Auction House, which is Blizzards answer to the widely used trade of gold farming for many games. Auction House will allow you to sell items you have found in Diablo 3 for either real cash, or gold in the game. This has to be one of the most anticipated parts of the new Diablo 3 game. I can't wait to see how it functions and the possibilities it has. We will also see all new characters, and classes, which will also be very exciting to see the different skills each class will have, and the possibilities behind them as well.

Check out the cinematic opening as well.

[video=youtube;nas1rJpm7wY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nas1rJpm7wY&feature=related[/video]

I simply can not wait for this game!

Last edited:

Matthew

Reaction score
There is only ONE game that is better than all the above mentioned games....

[video=youtube;kEBwKO4RFOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBwKO4RFOU[/video]

Deuce

Reaction score
I'm only excited for GTA 5 and the new Call of Duty. I can't wait to see the graphics, the missions and the cars in the new GTA, hopefully they made it better than the last one. The new Call of Duty should have a Online mode called "Elimination" not just Search and Destroy. I think they might go back to Zombies in the next game, it's more likely than them re-using Spec Ops but you never know, they may add something new.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
ME3cover.jpg

This. To even list a second choice would be doing this masterpiece a disservice. Nevermind game of the year, this is gonna be the greatest game ever made.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Fuckin' Bioshock, forgot about that one.

Vivido

Reaction score
NBA 2k13.

I'm a sportsgames nut.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Mass Effect 3.

Nothing else matters. If it was the only game I purchased all year, that would be fine.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
gta-v-wallpaper-01-700x442.jpg

Last edited:

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Depends when GTA V is actually released. Judging by previous GTA games it'll be an October release. However, they may announce it for 2013 at E3. I hope not.

Really can't wait for it. They've got to make this one more fun though. GTA IV took itself a little too seriously.