• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Most Annoying Things Wrestling Fans Do

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Wrestling fans who think every single push and investment the company makes should be based on their personal preferences should be on the list. Seriously, some fans need to stop saying things like "This guy does not deserve a push" when said talent is a big draw with few critics. I get it, wrestler X does not entertain you, it's alright, but that shouldn't stop you from realizing that pushing wrestler X is the smart thing to do if he is drawing a flock of fans. Better yet, you should realize that Wrestler X may just be deserving of the spot he is(or was) due to his ability of captivating a huge amount of fans, even If you yourself is not captivated

TL;DR Edition: Stop being such a self-centered prick

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Hipsters.................

Seriously, though:
Wrestling fans who think every single push and investment the company makes should be based on their personal preferences should be on the list. Seriously, some fans need to stop saying things like "This guy does not deserve a push" when said talent is a big draw with few critics. I get it, wrestler X does not entertain you, it's alright, but that shouldn't stop you from realizing that pushing wrestler X is the smart thing to do if he is drawing a flock of fans. Better yet, you should realize that Wrestler X may just be deserving of the spot he is(or was) due to his ability of captivating a huge amount of fans, even If you yourself is not captivated

TL;DR Edition: Stop being such a self-centered prick

Add to this the fans who decide to hate a guy just because he became popular (and typically more mainstream), thus offending their "anti-authority, sensibilities (he's just not edgy anymore!). They fail to realize that wrestling is a business and the point of that business is to entertain the largest amount of people the majority of the time, so a guy tweaking his gimmick to become more mainstream is just....well....."best for business".

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart

Seriously, though:

Add to this the fans who decide to hate a guy just because he became popular (and typically more mainstream), thus offending their "anti-authority, sensibilities (he's just not edgy anymore!). They fail to realize that wrestling is a business and the point of that business is to entertain the largest amount of people the majority of the time, so a guy tweaking his gimmick to become more mainstream is just....well....."best for business".

wk
still moaning about people hating your hero? get over it dude Punk is dog shit.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion

Seriously, though:

wk
.....I just think he's an asshole because he got a pepsi tattoo. The only way it could have been worse is if there were chinese words on a barbed wire beneath it.

Dolph'sZiggler

I was actually thinking about John Cena when I started typing it, but....go with it.

wk
Either way it is a silly criticism of fans. A performer is either entertaining you or he isn't, it is sort of an involuntary reaction if you are being entertained or not. So if a guy is changing as a performer to appeal to the masses (selling out if you will) and you are no longer enjoying said performer as much as you were before, you are all of the sudden a worse fan because of it? No way. If someone loved Cena's rapper gimmick (lol) but hates his pandering to children gimmick you would really condemn them for it?

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Either way it is a silly criticism of fans. A performer is either entertaining you or he isn't, it is sort of an involuntary reaction if you are being entertained or not. So if a guy is changing as a performer to appeal to the masses (selling out if you will) and you are no longer enjoying said performer as much as you were before, you are all of the sudden a worse fan because of it? No way. If someone loved Cena's rapper gimmick (lol) but hates his pandering to children gimmick you would really condemn them for it?

That wasn't the phenomenon I was talking about at all.

What I was getting at was the fact that a high percentage of "hardcore" wrestling fans will cheer for a guy (like Cena and, yes, Punk) so long as they are up-and-comers and being edgy, but the day they get over and become big, those same fans turn on them seemingly just because they're famous.

And, yes, it's just a little stupid to stop enjoying a character because the character evolves. Characters change. Just like people do. If a character is not evolving, then they become stale.

Besides, the question wasn't about whether or not certain people were "bad fans" (I'm not even sure what a bad fan is or what makes somebody a worse fan). It was about things that we (in this case I) find annoying about wrestling fans. And I find it annoying.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Kurt Cobain often spoke about his best memories about this fame.
He reminisced that his favorite time of his life was the rise to the top.... not the top itself. In fact, he loathed fame
WacoKid is spot on. The ride to the top is always the best. Once you're there, you have to conform in some way
It gets difficult to maintain that enthusiasm. Turning down the money is difficult. Compromising your ideals and principles is even more so.

Some people move to drug use, for that very reason. We're all people and have our limits.
Unless you're a character like the Undertaker (whose excused from meet and greets), you have to give more and more of yourself...
... even if that more and more of yourself isn't actually you at all.
Cobain was a poser ass bitch. He claimed he hated the spotlight but those closest to him said he actually craved it.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Cobain was a poser ass bitch. He claimed he hated the spotlight but those closest to him said he actually craved it.
Well, I don't doubt Cobain was a hypocrite in that aspect(Or maybe he wanted to spread his music, but hated the consequences of it, whatever it was, we will never know). But if by "closest to him" you mean Courtney Love, I'm sorry, but it is quite a risky thing to take that woman's word to heart.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Perhaps at first he did. Everyone sort of has a tiny want to be famous and recognized. However, after you get as big as he got you literally have no privacy. I guess he didn't realize how intrusive it would be. Still at that point move to Asia and retire, killing yourself cause you're too famous is a pussy way out.

kristen w

Jobber
Unenthusiastic crowds are some of the most frustrating to me and make me wonder why some fans even bothered to attend a live show. I know you can't expect every single person in the audience to stand up and show copious amounts of enthusiasm the entire time, but still, a huge part of the enjoyment of a wrestling show (even if you're watching it from home) is seeing the energy and adrenaline of the live crowd and how they react to everything that transpires throughout the night. Buying tickets to go to a wrestling event and then sitting on your hands and making very little noise throughout the show just drains the life out of it. There's nothing worse than apathy when it comes to a wrestling event.

I totally get it I totally agree that's like going to a concert and just sitting still in a chair that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard it's interactive almost and if you stay completely quiet just like it's not going to work because wherever you are whatever you know whatever place you're in Weatherby WWE or New Japan Wrestling Ring of Honor whatever you've got to have that fan interaction because you know that's what makes it so great the whole match even more fired up and I think you know people doing that is kind of silly it's like yeah why be there like if you're going to a concert why be there it's like if you don't act like you even want to be there then then why did you pay money to sit there and act like you're in the worst place in the world so I couldn't agree more

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Giving the WWE a free pass on their terrible writing & booking.

You can enjoy or even love something but still be critical of it.

Solid Snake

Champion
When fans overlook how crappy a person can be in real life because they are good in the ring/on the mic. If they treat fans like crap, they don't deserve them.

Redboy123@

When fans overlook how crappy a person can be in real life because they are good in the ring/on the mic. If they treat fans like crap, they don't deserve them.
Who really knows what wresters are really like in real life. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. So fans might as well cheer for who they see on TV instead of making presumptions over someone they have never even met before.