Morrison Hints at WWE Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
During a Q&A session conducted by Starship-Pained.com at the Motor City Comic Con, former WWE star John Morrison replied by saying "Yes, maybe a year or so," when asked if he would be returning to WWE.

As we reported on Sunday, TNA has expressed interest in bringing both Morrison and Melina into the company, as Bruce Prichard has been high on the idea during creative meetings. It should be noted that neither Morrison or Melina have publicly discussed the idea of working for TNA Wrestling.

http://starship-pained.com/part-1-exclusive-question-answer-with-john-morrison/

Morrison has a lot of talent and charisma but before he comes back he needs to work on his promo skills and he has plenty time to do that. WWE made a mistake letting him go in the first place but it's also a positive for him. And he's not going to TNA, why would he burn the bridges with Vince? He left WWE because he wasn't making it famous, why would anyone go to TNA to make it famous?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Honestly, I see no reason why he shouldn't return. Surely its all blown over by now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No doubt he will be back in WWE in 2013. He has had a good break away from the busy schedule and as long as Melina doesn't join him in WWE then he should be fine. It would be a good time for him to return as well since WWE are quite thin on stars at the moment and he can fill that role quite easily.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
He needs to be a heel upon return.

Lewb

Reaction score
He should return as Johnny Nitro if he comes back as heel. Morrison got old to me by the time he went.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Of course he needs to be heel...how about we just make everyone heel.

I didn't mind his face character. I just don't think they put him in enough stories with him being face. He had Ziggler, R-Truth, and a short one with Miz. That was about all. And I think if they gave him a little more time to work on his mic skills he could have been a very good face. Ziggler used to absolutely suck on the mic, but he has gotten much better. And Morrison is always good to put in a team so I would very much welcome a return from him.

Proof

Reaction score
Morrison has a lot of talent and charisma but before he comes back he needs to work on his promo skills and he has plenty time to do that. WWE made a mistake letting him go in the first place but it's also a positive for him. And he's not going to TNA, why would he burn the bridges with Vince? He left WWE because he wasn't making it famous, why would anyone go to TNA to make it famous?

There's one thing you're forgetting that he has to work on before any of these... ditching melina. She was the biggest drag on his career, especially at the end where she basically got him fired because of her over-the-top drama. Even if he were to get re-hired, Melina would still be in his ear, and he'll still be cold-shouldering people like Trish whom he should be kissing foot on behalf of Melina. I'm not a huge fan of Morrison, I don't see much potential with the guy, but he does have a spot on the roster that needs filling.

There's rumors they might go to TNA together, if that's the case, give it 6 months before Melina is playing the high-road, and treating the knockouts like a bunch of cut-rate women's wrestlers. Then Morrison listens to her, and the cycle continues.

Personally, I think all his interviews with him claiming the "doors are open" are just him in denial. WWE may have told him to work on his promos, but the main reason he was fired was because of his behaviour at Wrestlemania with Trish, and that was because that she-jackal melina was in his ear, naturally. He needs to get rid of her and demonstrate skills as a professional instead of a boyfriend before they even look at him again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm a big time Morrison fan and I believe that he'll be back after Mania 29. I don't think he should come back before that because so much talent will be used and it will all be clustered in Mania season. As for Morrison turning heel, let's give him a chance as a face. He admitted in an interview that his promos needed work so maybe he'll improve. His move set clearly benefits him as a face because his athleticism is outstanding. Hopefully Melina stays away so he doesn't get in trouble.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Nah, that's okay.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Morrison and charisma :lmao, the only time he was entertaining was with the Miz on the web show they did. but other then that he was terrible. But he was acceptable in the ring so on that note i wouldn't mind him coming back and doing nothing in the mid-card.

tjScarbi

Reaction score
So I guess that talks with TNA and Melina broke down? I don't think WWE need him right now, he could slide in on the SmackDown upper card or tag up with Miz maybe, but meeeh...

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I was always surprised that he never made it to a number 2 face role on SmackDown as I thought he had the tools to do so even if I wasn't a fan of him.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He had plenty of time to work on his mic skills. More practice isn't going to help him at this point. He will always tank in that department and because of it, he will never be a success in WWE.

The only thing that would help him get over more is if he paints his face or something. Basically turn him into a merchandise clown. It's his best shot, really.

Sugarhill

Reaction score
Morrison and charisma :lmao, the only time he was entertaining was with the Miz on the web show they did. but other then that he was terrible. But he was acceptable in the ring so on that note i wouldn't mind him coming back and doing nothing in the mid-card.

Exactly. I don't ever need to see John Morrison again and if I do, it better be with either a manager or a permanent tag team partner. The only cool thing he's ever done was the parkour exhibition at the Royal Rumble.