More WWE releases coming soon to a theatre near you

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Linda McMahon was on the FOX Business channel this afternoon to discuss WWE’s financial strategy moving forward. McMahon said the future of WWE will be expanding their international touring, which will come at the expense of $20 million in budget cuts. She said the company recognized adverse economic issues in the second quarter, then did a full-scale budget review in the third quarter. “We are reviewing all of our business lines, going through all of our operational structure, and we will take out $20 million in our operational cost structure next year,†McMahon said. “We are looking at at least $20 million operational cost structure cut.†When asked whether the soft economy is a factor in their recent drop in earnings, McMahon said WWE tries to keep ticket prices down and tries to vary which markets they tour in. “We are looking across all of our revenue lines and we’re going to keep costs down to manage that bottom line,†McMahon said. In the past week, WWE has released Super Crazy, Chuck Palumbo, Paul London, Kenny Dykstra, Elijah Burke and Lena Yada. Linda McMahon’s statement that WWE is looking to cut up to $20 million in operational costs ties into several reports out there that more cuts are on the way.

- WZRradio.com

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I'm guessing one or both of the Burchills will be next, unfortunately, and probably D-Lo Brown (he's never used on RAW) and someone on Smackdown.

PeepShow

lmao @ Burke. How he stayed as long as he did is beyond me. Last I even remember of him was wrestling Benoit in one of his final matches.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
All my Favs are about to be Canned...Burchill, D-Lo, ect. Snitsky probably gone, Funakis lucky for his push, idk Hacksaw? Many more...Dykstra and Burke were two blue chippers.

xtremebadass

Bound to be released...

D'Lo Brown
Deuce
Hardcore Holly
Jillian
Paul Birchill
Katie Lea
Val Venis
DH Smith
Ryan Braddock
Estrada
Gavin Spears

Who should be released...

Michelle McCool
Mark Henry
Snitsky
Jesse
Festus
Ranjin Singh
Hacksaw
Layla
Regal

Great One

DH Smith, Venis, Jillian, and the Burchills won't be released for sure... and why the hell should Regal be releasd? The guy is like better than anyone.

Evil Austin

I think the following will be released or should be released.

Snitsky
Hardcore Holly
Val Venus
Deuce
Domino
Dlow Brown - use him properly or don't use him at all.
Estrada
Jesse
Festus

Those who I think should be released and for others saying Smith, I mean he jsut came not that long ago give him a chance to shine I think he has the chance to do better then half of those people up there. And XBA lol at Henry, why he is in the middle of a push with that manager of his.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I think the following will be released or should be released.

Snitsky
Hardcore Holly
Val Venus
Deuce
Domino
Dlow Brown - use him properly or don't use him at all.
Estrada
Jesse
Festus

Those who I think should be released and for others saying Smith, I mean he jsut came not that long ago give him a chance to shine I think he has the chance to do better then half of those people up there. And XBA lol at Henry, why he is in the middle of a push with that manager of his.

Domino was gone ages ago.

Who else will be fired? Well, here's my guess:

Paul Burchill :)
Katie Lea :(
D'Lo Brown :)
Hardcore Holly :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Armando Estrada :)
Ryan Braddock :(
Snitsky :)
Colt Cabana :(

Evil Austin

yea I have a feeling that Scotty Goldman / Cabana will be sent back to FCW or OVW, but atleast over there he was upper mid / main eventer at some part of his carrier and he was used properly.

Still I want to see him on Smackdown more then once a month and lose. >_>

Qwake

Fuck all the Hardcore Holly haters! He has done alot for the business and him on ECW was pwnage...Also, Jesse is a great wrestler, I think you all just hate him because he is stuck in a shitty gimmick with Festus, and Festus isn't really that bad either, split them and give them two good gimmicks and they will be :y: Hardcore Holly > all. They better not fire D'Lo after he just returned, he is awesomeness! If Val Venis gets fired they I won't watch RAW for a month!!!

I hope Vince keeps the talented guys :crazy:

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Why does everyone hate on Holly? WWE need guys like him.

Yeah, you're right. Those youngsters can't beat themselves up.

King Lennie said:
Fuck all the Hardcore Holly haters! He has done alot for the business and him on ECW was pwnage..
Such as injuring future prospects.

But let's look back at all that he has done for the WWE:

HARDCORE HOLLY'S GOOD MATCHES

:confused: