More on HHH's Changes for WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
Kurt Angle Responds To Steroid Reports, Details

Source: KurtAngleTNA.net

The following is a statement from Kurt Angle regarding the recent Sports Illustrated media reports about the use by athletes of performance enhancing drugs obtained through the internet:

I did not improperly receive prescriptions. It is well documented that in my career I have broken vertebrae in my neck on five occasions and each time the course of treatment was under the care and supervision of my Doctors. Any attempt to link me to the athletes in the current news accounts who may have improperly sought performance-enhancing drugs is without foundation.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Sure thing Kurt, and you weren't saying that you were needing 60 vicodins a day a few weeks ago eh?

Well, I guess deny, deny, deny is the way to play the game.

v1-power

Reaction score
all of this about him takign steriods i know is true and no one feels sorry for angle and he cant deny it the tests will say the truth
the profe is in the drug tests

monkeystyle

Reaction score
all of this about him takign steriods i know is true and no one feels sorry for angle and he cant deny it the tests will say the truth
the profe is in the drug tests

Anybody can beat a drug test if they want to.

Rell

Reaction score
Scott Steiner, HHH, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan....The list goes on and on. Angle isn't the first wrestler to take steroids, and he damn sure wont be the last.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me if Angle, Batista, Scott Steiner or even Paul London took steroids (HE MIGHT HAVE!!), it isn't affecting me directly or personally.

circle

Reaction score
I agree...as long as they can perform and keep me happy I could care less what they put into their bodies...they know the risk

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

- WWE introducing Awesome Kong through vignettes is part of Triple H's philosophy of wanting to build fans' anticipation for new characters, as opposed to just having them show up on TV.

As noted before, Triple H is taking over the developmental process of the company and it's expected his changes will begin within a week or two.

Among the changes is the fact that he will take charge sooner than later of who is brought up to the main roster and not bringing guys up before they are ready.
Looking forward to seeing what other things happen under WWE's control since so far they have been good.

Kizza

Reaction score
good. triple h obviously has good business/talent sense. possibly may lead to (deserving) indy talents getting more tryouts.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I can't argue with his business plans. He clearly has more sense for how the product should be run than Vince does at this point. I've always liked vignettes instead of just debuting a guy out of the blue. There are certain cases where it can work, especially if they're already a star, like when Hall and Nash debuted on WCW out of nowhere, but generally speaking, hype works better.

moo2k4

Reaction score
Hype can also work the opposite way if the guy disappoints in his debut.

Beyond that though, I dig vignettes, as long as their done well.

SAL

Reaction score
This tactic is hugely important, and WWE should have put more focus on hyping up new stars in the last 10 years than they have. Since there's no equivalent of WCW right now popularity-wise, there just aren't any wrestlers who can come into this company with built-in hype like Jericho and the Radicals did. Maybe the biggest TNA stars, maybe. But for the most part, the newcomers are all WWE developmental guys nobody's heard of. There's a big incentive to treat some of those guys like a big deal early on. The current strategy of sticking them all on NXT or debuting them without fanfare really sets them up to fail.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
As said, I love the idea of building talent before they debut on television rather than using television as a platform to introduce them and then go from there. Sin Cara (though people have mixed opinions on how he has done since arriving) got an amazing build before his debut and Kong's certainly feels special, considering I can't even remember the last time a diva got a video package build.