Moon Birds guide to moving to New Zealand from the USA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Because if I can do it, anyone can!

Pros of New Zealand - less population, fewer cars on the road, more green, less pollution. No snakes. No guns. No tipping

Cons of New Zealand - the roads are windy as f*ck so it takes forever to get anywhere. gas isn't cheap. the climate changes drastically depending where you go.

Pros of Florida - live wrestling easily available. cheap gas. cheap food. easy to avoid paying tax. lots to do. big cities are easy to get to.

Cons of Florida - too hot in the summer. rednecks. might get shot. too much traffic. pollution. Ron De Santis. Trumpism. Snakes.

[Disclaimer - I was born in the UK, so in no way am I 'American' in the way that Americans are. That said I lived there long enough....]

First thing I noticed here was a lack of choice when shopping. Like in Walmart there might be 50 different types of shower gel or shampoo and 20 brands of toothpaste...here you get 2 or 3. I think most supermarkets are owned by the same people so there's a real lack of variety. It's not super bad, it's just nice to have more choice....

It takes forever to drive anywhere here. Like if you are going from one town to another you can bank on at least an hour of driving. Cities there are maybe a dozen here? I'd say Florida has more cities than the whole of New Zealand. Gas here is probably twice the price of the US, but smaller cars are normal here so you use less gas. Also car choice is different. No Chevy or Dodge here... lots of Japanese cars.

Food here is different. There's McDonalds, Bk and KFC but no "premium" casual places like Red Robin or Johnny Rockets. You either get McDonalds or you get a full on restaurant with prices to match. Nothing in between.

There's no tipping here. Minimum wage is something like $21 an hour. Oh and everything includes tax. You go and buy a TV that's $300, it's $300. Same with food. You go to the dollar store, it's a dollar.

There seems to be less crime here. I mean I was never the victim of crime in Florida I knew of people who were. Just speaking to people here there seems to be less crime.

And there's no real news here. There's no Fox or CNN or MSNBC. The news that is on tv isn't politically charged like you get in the US. It's usually like a dog got his head stuck in a fence or some crap...

In conclusion life here is way more relaxed. I feel calmer. Everything feels slower.

Oh yeah, and all the stores close at like 5pm here. So the only real time to shop is on the weekend (and sundays a lot of places are closed too)

So if you're looking to escape the USA this is a pretty good place to be

Oh and I went to a Wrestling show here the other week and it was very good. Not AEW at dailys place good but it was enjoyable and the talent was good at what they did.

What are you waiting for? Move here already!

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yo moon bird ill come say hi when i visit

Reactions: Moon Bird

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
didnt mention only 7 people live there...

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1