Monday Night Raw 16th April Discussion thread. (No spoilers please)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
leojay said:
Haha, I would, but he's intent on actually being a wrestler. His dream to work in WWE some day, so eventually I'll have to break the news to him, but I have to do in a way where it doesn't crush all his dreams. Autism is hard to deal with :(

Aww that's a shame :( I read a book recently written in the perspective of an autistic boy, (fiction) amazing read, really opened my eyes to what it must be like having to deal with it as a family member.

"The curious incident of the dog in the night time" was the name IIRC.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
Aww that's a shame :( I read a book recently written in the perspective of an autistic boy, (fiction) amazing read, really opened my eyes to what it must be like having to deal with it as a family member.

"The curious incident of the dog in the night time" was the name IIRC.

Yeah, I read that 3-4 years ago to learn what autism is. It's a great book.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't know too much about autism.. might check that book out.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:

It's worth a read IMO. It's won a load of literature awards, it's unusual but I think it's really well written and really makes you think.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:

It's really hard to explain what it is, the easiest way I can explain it is massive social and learning disorders. For example, some autistic kids really keep to themselves, not talking to anyone ever (brother only started talking 2 years ago). They can't show expression, show when they're happy or upset, it's really hard to know how they feel. They also stick to one subject mostly (my brothers is wrestling), they can spend their whole life with it. They have a hard time learning anything else, my bro still can't read/write and he's turning 9 soon.

There's a lot more to it, but that's the basis. It's really troublesome :(

Crayo said:
I have a feeling Henry vs Punk vs Jericho will be the ER title match. I just see something screwing this match up again as Henry won't lose clean.

I think Punk and Jericho should get ER to themselves, but it seems this is the road they're going down. They need at least one more singles match for the feud.

Sorry for getting offtopic btw lol

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
There's other sides to autism. There's a 9 year old taking a university degree for mathematics. You can become stupidly smart at a very young age, but the other side is always the lack of social skills.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yea that's pretty much all I knew about it from watching the movie Rainman. Lack of emotion & social skills but they can become incredibly knowledgeable in one or two areas.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
There's other sides to autism. There's a 9 year old taking a university degree for mathematics. You can become stupidly smart at a very young age, but the other side is always the lack of social skills.

Yeah, as I said you can take on one or so subjects and stick with it. My bro's is wrestling, but some are Maths, science, english, etc.

I know a 10 yo high functional autistic kid who's learning vb.net. Like an actual computer wiz imo.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Sticking with a subject (aka obsessing with it) and being freakishly good at it are different things.

There's one person who had a pack of 52 playing cards, put them down one by one quite fast and the guy suffering with autism remembered them all and repeated them in order. There was a documentary on all of this.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Sticking with a subject (aka obsessing with it) and being freakishly good at it are different things.

There's one person who had a pack of 52 playing cards, put them down one by one quite fast and the guy suffering with autism remembered them all and repeated them in order. There was a documentary on all of this.

Yeah, I know. Infact I think I might've seen that.

My little bro is amazing, he's brought up things that happened when he was 3. He couldn't talk or anything then, but the amount of things he remembers and can comprehend from a small age is astounding. Sometimes I almost can't believe it. Then there's other things that he remembers like all participants 1-30 in most rumbles, title reigns for most current belts, and most PPV cards from the last four years. That is just his obsession, and I've never really tested him with any remembrance games other than wrestling and family memories. Would be interesting though ^^

Anyone have a non-spoiler match card for RAW? Or is it still taping?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Pretty impressive. And no I have no idea, I'd love to see a match card though. Too scared to go find one.

Just checked WZ, appears to be still taping. Hopefully they'll give us the match card when it's finished.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I did think about Henry winning the title, but I don't think it's going to happen. I don't really like when the exact same match happens on WM and the PPV after, so Punk vs Jericho vs Henry would be OK for me.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I have a feeling Henry vs Punk vs Jericho will be the ER title match. I just see something screwing this match up again as Henry won't lose clean.

It won't, I just really can't be arsed with Henry joining the fued. I enjoy him, but it should be left seperate. The only other possiblity is that Henry wins it and fued with someone else? But I doubt they'd have a title change at a taped Raw though.