MLB 2013 Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Chances of him resigning seem to change all the time, a couple months ago he was all but out the door, now it's not really talked about so much that he's leaving, so I don't know. I think at this point we should just let him go though, he's still a good player, but I do believe he'll become a liability sooner rather then later, and I don't want him to be a Rangers when that happens. He's got a couple more years of being a damn good player though.

Yeah i read somewhere that he was looking for an 8-10 year deal. I just don't see any team taking that kind of risk on a guy who is injury prone and has already slipped up twice in his recovery from alcohol/substance abuse. You're right though if he can stay healthy and clean he's definitely got a couple real good years left in him. My hope for the guy is he stays far away from the big market cities (NY, Boston, Philly, Chicago)... too much temptation for a guy who already struggles dealing with it

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
R.A. Dickey is a Blue Jay officially now.

Oh, and fuck the Rangers for not offering Napoli a better deal. I'm fine with Young and Hamilton gone, but I loved Napoli.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Shit forgot we had this thread.... yeah your Rangers seem to be losing out on just about everyone they had any interest in.... My Phils on the other hand, I like what they've done although it hasn't been super flashy we've filled most of our holes and haven't spent much money at all.... Can't wait for spring training

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I so saw this coming for the Rangers though, I knew after this year we were going to be absolute shit because offseason sure isn't our thing. I bet we don't even have a winning record this year.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I'm just surprised because they have SO MANY tradeable pieces, unless at this point they see what's going on and are looking at all those pieces as the nucleus of the team in the next 2 years and will slowly work them in while trading away some of the older guys (Beltre, Kinsler, Cruz)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Rangers front office has frustrated me to no end the last few years, so I've long given up on guessing what they're thinking.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
don't have to tell me, I went through 2 decades of it with the Phils from the mid 80's til the mid 00's.... at least it looks like some promising talent coming along for you guys

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Is it spring training yet? cant wait to see Hamilton in that Angels jersey on that Angels grass.

Franco

Reaction score
2 more weeks :mark: Spring training is such a tease.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
2 more weeks :mark: Spring training is such a tease.

our Phils lookin pretty good so far.... Man I hope Dom Brown can carry this spring success into the season.. Lannan looked great today.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah fuck you guys. Rangers fucked up just about everything :( Astros are actually showing a lot more promise, I think.

Franco

Reaction score
our Phils lookin pretty good so far.... Man I hope Dom Brown can carry this spring success into the season.. Lannan looked great today.

Health is the key thing. At this point, with such a nice roster, injuries could really cost us again a season.
I've spent the day catching up with the WBC... and Jimmy looks ok, a lot better than the impression I had from reading Tweets after games.

...and as I'm typing team USA collapses :jc:

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Baseball is here, Baseball is here, Baseball is here!!!!!!! gonna give some predictions, follow suit if you wish

AL East: Blue Jays, AL Central: Tigers, AL West: Angels, AL Wildcard 1: Royals, AL Wildcard 2: Rays

NL East: Nationals, NL Central: Reds, NL West: Dodgers, NL Wildcard 1: Giants, NL Wildcard 2: Phillies

ALCS: Angels over Tigers 4-2 NLCS: Nationals over Dodgers 4-3 World Series: Angels over Nationals 4-1

AL MVP: Albert Pujols (ANA) AL CY Young: Justin Verlander (DET) AL ROY: Jackie Bradley (BOS)
NL MVP: Matt Kemp (LAD) NL Cy Young: Cole Hamels (PHI) NL ROY: Oscar Taveras (STL)

Status
Not open for further replies.