MLB 2010-11 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re: MLB 2010-11 Offseason Thread

Esp in baseball. I understand they don't really got a cap or w/e but good lord Albert about to have a contract that could be a team salary.

Ben

Reaction score

Thing is Pujos is going to prob get the 30mil per year to, which means the next guy's gonna want 35-40, and at some point there going to need a cap.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

I shutter at the thought of one day someone making 50 million dollars a year or some shit. So yeah they must get a cap it's just gonna spin out of control more than it already has with these deals.

SAL

Reaction score

I don't understand complaints about player salaries. Three things going on here:

1. The players wouldn't make millions of dollars if the game didn't pull in millions of dollars. Why shouldn't the players have a chunk of the money the league makes? Should we let the owners keep it all?

2. It's a free market. Emphasis on free. Players can demand whatever salaries they want, but they can't get them unless someone agrees to pay them. The market does dictate salaries to an extent, i.e. "Tejada made X, I want X+1." But if the owners decide not to pay that much, the players can't get it. There's really nobody to blame.

3. The market does get screwed up at times by big-market teams. Yes, I root for one of them, and I do have a little white man's guilt about it. But these hugely profitable teams have no incentive to lower salaries across the board.

Killswitch

Reaction score

The man deserves a contract...when Pujols' career is over, barring serious injury, he will be the greatest baseball player of all time. There is no point in even trying to dispute this. Project the rest of his career however you want within reasonable boundaries and his numbers will be staggering. It has been an honor witnessing his career.

Killswitch

Reaction score

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2011/news/story?id=6164450

Cabrera is going to be at spring training even after getting busted driving around drinking bottom shelf scotch. Pretty obvious the guy has a problem with some of the reports coming out on top of the arrest, don't see this ending good.

It's funny. Last year after he had his little problem he came back and had the best season of his career. If he uses this as motivation, he may win the Triple Crown. I don't think he'll let this affect him. There was another raging drunk in baseball history who did pretty well. His name was Babe Ruth.

SAL

Reaction score

It's funny. Last year after he had his little problem he came back and had the best season of his career. If he uses this as motivation, he may win the Triple Crown. I don't think he'll let this affect him. There was another raging drunk in baseball history who did pretty well. His name was Babe Ruth.

And he played baseball right around the time they invented the curveball. So that has nothing to do with anything.

Ben

Reaction score

Fucking Grenke broke his rib "playing basketball" and is going to start the season on the DL. Needs to get healthy quick as he's going to be a big part of wheter or not the Brewers actually make a run this year.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett

I think you guys will be fine, your only threat is the REds, the Cards wont do anything without having Wainwright & you will have Gallardo, Marcum & Wolf as your 3, could be worse, but if his injury lingers for the season your fucked.

Ben

Reaction score

Brewers blow the game in the 9th after Axford gives up 4 runs on a walk off home run. He was the big question mark for me in the offseason, and even though it's one game I still don't have confidence in the guy. Need to pull him out of the role if he starts the season off blowing saves.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Well the Angels bullpen continued to be shitty but they still got the win.

Its great having BaseBall back.

Ben

Reaction score
3 in a row for the Brewers, look a hell of a lot better this week then they did last. Axford seems to have it together, and the team is hitting well. Morgan needs to be a everyday starter though, Gomez is defense only and Morgan gives you something with the bat.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
You really think Gomez would have learned to hit by now.