Mirko Cro Cop And Roy Nelson Fight Being Planned

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Maxi

Reaction score
Haas- Keeping Shelton from the big time?

Thats what I think personally, I feel that Shelton Benjamin has the talent but maybe not the attitude for the big time. The reason I'm posting this is I just watched the first ever Money in the Bank again and it may me realize just what Shelton has to offer. I feel that if he was in this years Money in the Bank it would have been even better than it was. Also I feel he is much better as a singles competitor than with Haas, they just have to use him properly.

Thoughts?

the dark knight

good athlete yes but hes not that good overall . he is good for a tag division though . i liked the team angle shit

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The problem is Shelton can't talk, and he tends to flub his big spots rather often.

I would like to see him get some kind of a push. Maybe IC champ.

I really don't think though that its Haas. Its more likely that they just threw the two together because they had nothing to do with them.

Defiant One

Reaction score
I dont know is Haas is holding Shelton back, being a team together may actually have very little to do with them. I do agree Shelton is better in singles competition. Maxi was right Shelton has the athleticism, and look but not the attitude, if he were better on the mic then we wouldnt even be talking bout this.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Shelton is in the same position as AJ Styles. Their lack of charisma holds them back. Yet Styles has won World Titles due to the fact he's in TNA and not WWE, where he'd be feuding with Benjamin...

Wrestling Station

ok to make its easier for you, they both suck.

Hass is not a ME material.
Shelton is not a ME material either.

Both have no charisma
Both have zero mic skills.
Both are jobbers and dont have a big impact on the fans.
Both are midcarders..
whether they work solo or as a team, it makes no difference towards their being not big names and will never be.

End of story.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Whats keeping Shelton from "the big time" is his complete lack of charisma and ability to draw any crowd into his matches.

Maxi

Reaction score
I feel your a tad right with the any crowd to any of his matches, but look at both Money In The Banks he was in, he stole the show on both occasions.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Thats because he did a big spot. Thats how you get attention, but to KEEP IT ON YOU, you have to connect with the crowd with more than just high spots. HBK can do both.

Defiant One

Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing in terms of HBK. HBK put it all together in the total package. Shelton isnt there and thats the difference between being a maineventer and not.

Reaction score
I find that Shelton is one of the greatest athletes in the wwe today. I was sooo annoyed when he wasnt in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match this year,because at WM21 and WM22 he was such a wow factor.Running up the ladder at WM21 ? I dont think we have seen that much before?

So basiclly i think wwe are waisting him , just like when they put Kurt Angle into ECW.

JCLS

Reaction score
WWE is holding down both members of WGTT unfortunately

Reaction score
I really don't think though that its Haas. Its more likely that they just threw the two together because they had nothing to do with them.

exactly, neither of them were really doing anything, so the E probly figured why not put them together? they're a great tag team, but i don't see benjamin ever making it to the "big time." even without haas he didn't do much, so you can't blame him for his shortcomings

The Icon

Reaction score
I dont see potential in Haas yet, but I've seen the MITB matches from Shelton and my impression was: OMF'NG!! So I think he has potential.

Great One

Thats because he did a big spot. Thats how you get attention, but to KEEP IT ON YOU, you have to connect with the crowd with more than just high spots. HBK can do both.
Exactly, it's not really his mic skills but his complete lack of charisma. Jeff Hardy is one that comes to mind that can draw charisma and keep it in a match for his spots.