Mini Royal Rumble Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
You could check out the rest of my blog at The Personification Of Innovation

The 25th anniversary of the Royal Rumble finally happened and it really entertained me despite the sad ending. What I mean is from sad is from a fan perspective, but from a business side of it was brilliant. The show started with the fastest rising legendary heel turn of Daniel Bryan versus Mark Henry versus Big Show. The match was pretty dull but it told a cool story. Henry was clearly injured and barley could move which made me wonder why was he in the match. Big Show put on a nice performance while Daniel Bryan was running around trying to avoid the two men over four hundred pounds. Bryan won by escape which was a easy call to predict. He slipped away from The Big Show's big hand and celebrated very obnoxiously. Bryan is still champ and hopefully he faces someone that can actually wrestle in his next title defense to show everyone how awesome he is for the haters out there. It amazes me how people hate Daniel Bryan and it just shows how clueless they are if they want "great wrestling". A few filler matches happened with the divas which made me eat dinner and crack jokes with friends. The other filler match was Brodus Clay who is so over with the crowd with his ridiculous gimmick. He squashed Drew McIntyre (great talent, needs a push) and told Drew to go call his momma. The phone bill to Scotland isn't cheap you big jerk. The next big match was Kane vs John Cena which was doomed to be a poor match. They are good workers for their size but against each other doesn't really appeal me. I'm a die hard Kane fan too but it wasn't going to end well. The match was pretty slow but they hit some big spots. Kane was pretty dominant which led to a double count out. The match was far from over with Kane owning Cena and tossing him around. I'm enjoying it because they are actually letting Kane be dominant and not being a complete pushover against Cena yet. Kane decided to go old school and start to hurt crippled people. He found Zach Ryder in a room in a wheel chair which led to vintage Kane being sadistic. I'll never forget when Kane tombstoned Linda McMahon in 2003 when she was crippled. It was so cool which made me think while watching it. With the whole room hating Cena, they were loving it. He tombstoned Ryder then choke slammed Cena after Cena trying to be superman. Kane looked dominant as usual and showed how to "embrace the hate". The feud will probably continue for a few more weeks which is good. They still need to make Cena do something until The Rock is ready for the showdown. Until then, Cena you need to embrace the hate.

The last match before the Rumble was finally here. The best young star in the company that hasn't won the main title yet versus the best man in the world. It was Dolph Ziggler versus CM Punk which is going to be another classic. The match lived up to the hype despite all the drama with John Laurinaitis being the guest referee. The drama started to kill the match a bit but I totally understood the storyline. CM Punk arguably won three times but due to referee problems that didn't happen. Punk went for the GTS again, but Ziggler made a great reversal to counter it to a Famasser. It was one of the greatest counters I've ever seen because of how athletic that Dolph is. The match finally ended with Punk hitting the GTS (Go To Sleep) to win the match that made everyone happy. St.Louis was an excellent crowd and gave Punk the proper amazing ovation. It was an excellent match that everyone clearly enjoyed which now has Punk having a proper title reign. It also sets up the dream feud of Punk vs Jericho or I like to call in a pretty cheesy joke called (blond hair Jesus vs Black hair Jesus). Yeah that joke was awful, let's move on to the Rumble.

The Royal Rumble is finally upon us and I'll go through the picks because I'm always crediting everyone in the Rumble. This is going to be a mini review from recent memory. The match started with The Miz like everyone knew versus former protege Alex Riley. That didn't last long with Riley being eliminated quickly for being the jobber he is. I'm not a fan of the next two picks even though these two guys I'm big fans of. R-Truth enters way too early for my liking but it was great to see him go crazy. Cody Rhodes was next and was my pick for MVP of the night. Justin Gabriel was in next doing his best imperesination of Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z with his hair. Primo is next which draws crickets from the room filled of Jerichohlics. Mick Foley comes out next which makes the whole room go crazy. Due to being the craziest bastard to ever step foot in a ring, it took Mick Foley about thirty seconds to finally make the ring. He isn't in good shape at all but I'll always love him. The next entrant was a personal mark out moment for me (mark out means excitement). Ricardo Rodriguez came out in tights for the first time ever which was hilarious. He is the personal ring announcer for Alberto Del Rio like you all know and is hilarious. Truth is eliminated which was pretty shocking early on from The Miz. Ricardo comes in and eliminates Gabriel which was hilarious. The awesome crowd was starting Ricardo chants which was great to hear. Things were pretty bizarre with Ricardo Rodriguez and Mick Foley in the ring, but now Santino was next. The Miz is down for the count along with Cody Rhodes. Ricardo sadly gets eliminated by Santino which has me booing loudly along with the whole St.Louis crowd. Epico comes next as the tag team champions officially get the quietest reaction of all time among the tag team champions (somewhere Edge & Christian are shaking their head). Speaking of Edge & Christian, I was wearing this shirt watching it.

Epico got eliminated by Foley but then the heels took over. Cody eliminated Foley from behind while The Miz eliminated Santino which drew lot of boos. A cool matchup between The Miz and Cody Rhodes (two huge heels) was about to begin, but Kofi Kingston came out. Kofi hit some cool spots but was about to get eliminated before Jerry Lawler was the next entrant. He was the first commentator to enter the Rumble which was cool even though I'm a major Jerry Lawler hater because he is dull as a commentator. It was cool to see King for a bit but Cody eliminated Jerry and slowly making a collection of eliminating guys that can't run properly anymore. Is Cody becoming the next legend killer? I'm not sure about that, but everyone in the room is loving it until the next three picks. Ezekiel Jackson and Jinder Mahal drew no reaction other than "boring". Great Khali made a surprise return, but nobody cares about Khali. Khali eliminated Jackson and Mahal which was surprising but nobody really cared. I'm in desperate need of a cool pick here at 16 and we got one in Hunico. Sadly I'm the only one in the room excited because he has the most absurd entrance. He rides a low rider which is really funny. Hunico hit some cool moves to liven up a few dull minutes in the Rumble. I'm pushing for Christian to come out big time right now, but that never happened which was disappointing. Even though Christian didn't come out, the 17th pick didn't disappoint with Booker T being a surprise entrant. Booker T was having another classic night commentating and being hilarious, but now the Book man wanted to rumble. He grew a huge reaction from the crowd and the basement which led to some Booker T impressions (WUT DA HAYELL!). Dolph Ziggler came out 18th which was cool to see him back. Another shocking entrant for the Rumble was the first winner ever in Hacksaw Jim Duggan (HO!). Duggan hit some punches but since he's another senior citizen it didn't last long. Once again Cody Rhodes got to eliminate another old man to continue his collection. Kofi Kingston had his huge moment avoiding elimination by hand walking outside. His feet weren't touching the floor and it was incredible. The crowd started a huge Kofi chant and everyone was going crazy. It reminded me of John Morrison last year doing a Spiderman spot sticking to the barricade. I'll always take Kofi's moment though because it took so much work to walk on your hands. The next entrant was Michael Cole which made everyone pissed except me. I'm not a Michael Cole fan at all but the fact that they put him in was hilarious. Cole put on his awful in ring gear and showed off his ugly tattoos. Cole was gloating and not doing much while the heels dominated. The next entrant was a mark out moment for me even though it was a diva. I'm always a huge fan of somebody coming back that the internet didn't spoil. Nobody had Kharma (Awesome Kong was her name in TNA) return which drew a huge reaction. Kharma was a monster diva and only being the 3rd diva ever to enter the Rumble. She eliminated Michael Cole which drew a huge pop and hit her finisher on Dolph Ziggler (who sold the move like a chanp like usual). Then Hunico tried to attack her but she back body dropped him over the top rope which was cool. She didn't last long sadly with Ziggler eliminating her after a minute. It was an awesome return for her and it was completely shocking.

The next entrant was Sheamus who was one of my favorites to win. He was my pick from August to January but once Jericho came back, he made me change my pick. Great Khali and Booker T were eliminated by Dolph and Cody which had Lawler pissed. Cody eliminated a mostly retired wrestler in Booker and a disfigured giant. Cody continues his MVP run while Miz is just playing survivor role. The next entrant was another surpise that I knew about it, but it was The Road Dogg. Road Dogg drew a huge pop and the basement went insane. Road Dogg hit the Shake Rattle Roll on The Miz and hit his signature pump handle slam on Cody Rhodes. Road Dogg drew chants from the crowd "you still have it" which was awesome. The next entrant was Jey Uso which was disappointing considering these guys haven't got much exposure. I'm not a fan of guys drawing late when nobody reacts. Jack Swagger is the number twenty five entrant and looks like the goofball that he always is. Another favorite came out next in Wade Barrett who debuted his awful entrance theme. I'm so upset that he changed his theme because his old entrance "End Of Days" was arguably a top three theme song right now. Nobody in the basement liked Wade which annoyed me. It was cool to watch it with like seven people, but it angers me how they don't get excited for the best young talent. Barrett eliminated The Road Dogg which made people hate him more. The 27th entrant was David Otunga which had everyone booing but I had a feeling it would happen. Otunga is the company suck up so it didn't surprise me. The next entrant was the home town hero and a huge favorite in Randy Orton. Orton was killing everyone in site including eliminating Jay Uso. He hit the RKO on Barrett which had the crowd going crazy. The next entrant was the hero himself Chris Jericho which had the crowd going even more crazy. This was a great back to back entrants which had the crowd going insane. Jericho eliminated Otunga which made the basement even moer happier. The ring was still pretty crowded with the hype all aroudn the 30th entarnt. I'm hoping it will be Christian but I'm expecting Kane. Wade Barrett got eliminated by Orton which really pissed me off. It made no sense to see Barrett get eliminated that easily without doing much of anything. The 30th entrant was Big Show which was very lame and disappointing. Nobody wanted to see Big Show and the crowd didn't give him much love. Show decided to eliminate all the best young talent in Rhodes, Miz, and Ziggler which was lame. I've never been a fan of Big Show and this just continues to prove me why. This wasn't needed and it could have been someone else to build them better. Rhodes and Miz lasted over forty minutes in very impressive performances. The final four is Jericho, Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show. Big Show gets an RKO from Orton then gets eliminated by Orton. Jericho comes from behind and eliminates Orton which made me so happy. The last thing that needed to happen was Orton winning again which made the basement happy. It was Sheamus and Jericho which was a huge clash. The chemistry they had was expectational and it made you forget Jericho hasn't competed in around eighteen months. The near eliminations had everyone standing and yelling especially with Sheamus nearly getting eliminated several times. Eventually Jericho went for Code Breaker and got caught which sent him to the apron. Jericho is in a bad place and gets Brogue Kick by Sheamus to eliminate Jericho. Sheamus is the winner which made everyone speechless. It made me so heated to see this happened and had everyone angry. I'm not going to comment on anything else that happened that night.

The reason I'm not going to comment on the rest of the night was that I was legit pissed. It was the first time since the summer of 2010 with the failed Nexus angle that had me angry about wrestling. I needed to calm down so I simply went to bed and didn't want to blog. It was time to heal and made sure not to make the blog a complete rant. Now I'm donig fine and I'm able to talk without being so mad. The ending was amazing with both guys really being on the top of their game. It would be great to see a Jericho versus Sheamus match in the future because they were amazing. Now for the winner, it still annoys me because it really seemed to be Jericho's night. The Rumble winners in the past have become legends, huge stars, and memorable men. Jericho is missing that moment of winning the Rumble and since I'm a big fan, it hurt me. That being said, Sheamus was a very deserving winner. He was 3rd on the list of likely winners and it was a good choice. I'm happy it wasn't Orton and that it was a fresh pick. Sheamus has become a huge face in the company and the crowd totally loves him. He is a very athletic big man and is very good in the ring for his size. The Royal Rumble was a really good show despite reports of it not living up to the hype. It had some really funny moments along with some epic returns. The title match between Punk and Ziggler was another classic between them. It was a better Rumble compared to last year as well so it did improve. It was a great Rumble and I want to thank my good buddy Paul (not the birthday boy), this is a different Paul who invited me. I'm always willing to watch a Pay Per View on a huge TV compared to an online stream. The Road to Wrestlemania continues to move on. I'm really excited especially with Jericho attacking Punk last night. I didn't watch Raw last night sadly and still haven't so I'm not able to comment on anything. I'm looking forward to seeing Sheamus in the spotlight again and it was a very good show.​

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Mini you typed so much it screwed up the alignment of your name :lol:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Hah sorry guys. I've done big reviews in the past actually doing the entire show. I'm usually covering every move and stuff, so that's why. I should have added the pictures in but I was in a rush. Hopefully you enjoyed this as I was battling a sickness called Jerichoitis (awful joke). It still annoys me a bit that he didn't win but I'm mostly over it.

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
You weren't pissed of that 33% of the 30 participants were guest spots? That pissed me off more than Jericho not winning the Rumble.