• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
MIDyEAR.png

Ladies and gentlemen we are almost six months through 2020... which will surely go down in the history books as the most eventful six months of any year ever... so, in order to lighten the mood a little, I thought I'd introduce this idea to the forum.

At the end of each year, one each forum I've participated in, I've ran a Top 50 listing - the members of the forum nominate their top "acts" of the past twelve months, these acts get points based on where in each list they're placed and a concensus list is compiled to give the best acts in wrestling over the past twelve months.

The Mid Year "Mini" rankings is a similar concept, except the final list is just ten wrestlers meaning people make less nominations.

So, here it is: List your top 5 wrestlers since January this year based on ANY criteria you see fit and I'll compile our joint top ten for the first six months of the year.

How it works:
  1. You put forwards your list of the top five wrestling "acts" since January 1st 2020.​
  2. Your list must be in order, number one being your top act and number 5 being your fifth best.​
  3. An act get's five points for being number one on a list, four for being number two and so on until the fifth person on the list gets just one point.​
  4. On the end date (TBD - probably July 5th) the thread closes for nominations and the list is compiled​
  5. The then gets announced to the forum.​
  6. IMPORTANT! The whole point is to discuss WHY we're making our choices, you can just put a list if you want but chat is encouraged.​
So, any takers?

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I guess the Year End Awards lists will take the steam away from this but I'm going to stick with it because this is just about the wrestlers, so maybe people will comment on other peoples choices...?

Here's my top 5 for the first half of 2020, baring in mind that most companies shut up around the beginning of April and some wrestlers from those still open had severe travel restrictions put on them, there's only really a couple of promotions worth of talent to go from....

1. Chris Jericho - a few years back when Punk cut the Pipe Bomb and said he was the best in the ring, on the mic and even on commentary? Well, other than in the ring that's now Jericho. Easily the most entertaining guy in Pro Wrestling for the first six months of 2020.

2. Sammy Guevara - Jericho has hand picked this dude to be "under his wing", and what a choice. Yes, he once said something silly that's now affected his tv presence at the moment but this dude is going to be a megastar. He has the moves, he has the mannerisms and he's a natural on the mic. He comes hand in hand with Jericho on TV and in my rankings. He feels like he's got all of the tools and he's only 26 years old, depending on what he does in the second half of the year he's in with a good shout for being my wrestlers of the year come December.

3. Hangman Adam Page & Kenny Omega- Page has come into his own as a character and his team with Omega has been one of many highlights from AEW so far this year. Putting them together seemed to only be a vehicle to split them into a feud but it's actually been hugely entertaining and allowed them both to have the spotlight while keeping them away from the World title picture at the same time. Good call by AEW and a truly entertaining team.

4. Tetsuya Naito - Dude's had all the talent in the world since even before he had the gimmick to get over. I started watching New Japan as he was starting his singles career but before his trip to Mexico so I've seen him grow into what he's become and he makes my list just for Wrestle Kingdom this year. He wins the IWGP Intercontinental title on night one and then wins the IWGP Heavyweight title to go with it on night 2. This made me very happy.

5. Io Shirai - not the only reason to watch NXT, but definitely the best one.

Any thoughts on my list? Got a list of your own?

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2