Microsoft to acquire Activision for 69 Billion U.S

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
$68.7 Billion Dollars, God damn.

Should be noted that Microsoft bought Minecraft for $2.5B, and has mad back all their money twofold.

It is unlikely that there will be any titles that will become brand exclusive as well, Microsoft is not the Uber competitor it was 15 years ago, they have a working relationship with Nintendo and have been trying to seek a working relation with Sony for years as well.

But holy shit man, I suppose if they can clean this company up, get Bobby Kotick out of power, things may actually look better.
yeah I think it's fair to be a bit weary of anti-trust stuff but on the flip side, if Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft all decide streaming game platforms is best for business, and they can make their money on the back of their old catalogues and going forward do this and kill off exclusives, that would obviously be best for business as a consumer too.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Damn, that's massive. So I'm guessing like the Bethesda deal people should expect more Activision titles on Game Pass very soon.

They have a very good library, even if I don't care for a lot of the newer titles. I have to imagine what will happen with this year's Call of Duty. Over the years, Microsoft & Sony have traded exclusivity for bonus content and what have you.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
Activision Blizzard were very much on my "do not give money to them" radar but if their games come to pc game pass at no extra cost and Microsoft rid the place of scum (which, even if just for for PR...) then...hooray?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
We will see how this plays out, I'm very interested. I don't expect Call of Duty to become an Xbox exclusive with the money it rakes in on Playstation too, but they went all in with Bethesda's big titles. I think what is more likely is Xbox will start getting earlier beta dates and extra content in the future.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
By the way, anybody realised how weird it is that Crash and Spyro are technically Xbox now? :DAMN:

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I can see CoD becoming an Xbox exclusive so for the soul fact of it will string arm people into buying an Xbox or gaming pc, whichever one. In reality, Xbox/Microsoft wants to become the premiere system/company for gaming in America.
By the way, anybody realised how weird it is that Crash and Spyro are technically Xbox now? :DAMN:
Yeah, it is weird to think technically some of the PlayStation's icons are no longer that

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I can see CoD becoming an Xbox exclusive so for the soul fact of it will string arm people into buying an Xbox or gaming pc, whichever one. In reality, Xbox/Microsoft wants to become the premiere system/company for gaming in America.

Yeah, it is weird to think technically some of the PlayStation's icons are no longer that

Yea, even if I don't care for COD these days, you can't deny it's still a juggernaut when it comes to FPS games. Nothing has been able to touch it for years, despite many companies trying their hardest. I saw some people saying if it happens, Sony should just make their own Call of Duty. It's not that simple lol, they tried with Killzone and other such games. COD is just insane.

It would be a big move to be exclusive, and I do think a lot of COD players would switch over.

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Yea, even if I don't care for COD these days, you can't deny it's still a juggernaut when it comes to FPS games. Nothing has been able to touch it for years, despite many companies trying their hardest. I saw some people saying if it happens, Sony should just make their own Call of Duty. It's not that simple lol, they tried with Killzone and other such games. COD is just insane.

It would be a big move to be exclusive, and I do think a lot of COD players would switch over.
Mean, CoD has been dying off for some time, but you still have a hardcore fanbase like sports games so. And Killzone actually was a great series and the lore and everything they made was fun, but it wasn't a brain-dead shooter and such so. They could honestly try and all and do something different while a lot of people drink the CoD Kool-Aid there are many that would buy something else. But it comes down to personal taste and all so.

It really would. I think, I seen something that because of this purchase Sony lost like $20 Billion dollars due to games and such being pulled, i think. Either way, if they do make it an exclusive then I can see either more going to Microsoft/Xbox and/or people finding alts and all.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I liked Killzone too, It's a shame Shadow Fall wasn't as good as some of the older titles. Very pretty game graphically, but could have been a a bigger deal as a launch title for the PS4.

Reactions: Alexa

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Also I have to think they massively over paid because they wanted the entire video games library and not just the company? Good lord. In contrast too, Peacock may have fleeced WWE if this is what content is worth. mind blowing money
Call of Duty is worth [at least] 10 Billion by itself. World of Warcraft is worth [at least] 20 Billion. All those subscribers...
Candy Crush is a Billion dollar selling juggernaut.

They are not just counting current sales, they're counting lifetime sales of all franchises.

Bobby Kotick makes dumb decisions, especially leading up to this sale, but I'm confident this whole thing isn't all on Bobby. I mean, WE ARE in a Cold War. We are dealing with a ideological battle. These woke companies are because we are selling out to China.

But people aren't going to understand or care. Eh.
yeah I think it's fair to be a bit weary of anti-trust stuff but on the flip side, if Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft all decide streaming game platforms is best for business, and they can make their money on the back of their old catalogues and going forward do this and kill off exclusives, that would obviously be best for business as a consumer too.
Rumor is, this year's Call of Duty is a Modern Warfare game, and they're thinking of releasing it early. Stupid if true. I'd rather have a good game than a early release.

Goddamn it.

Anyway, the exclusivity thing isn't going to fly for a while. This deal closes in 2023.
And Sony has agreements in place for Call of Duty to be on PlayStation, so relax.

Last edited:

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Microsoft has confirmed that Activision/Blizzard games will still release on PlayStation beyond the existing contracts, which should calm some of the worry of several game communities.

President of Microsoft Brad Smith said:
"To be clear, Microsoft will continue to make Call of Duty and other popular Activision/Blizzard titles available on PlayStation through the term of any existing agreement with Activision. And we have committed to Sony that we will also make them available on PlayStation beyond existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love."

He also added that Microsoft is looking to take similar steps to ensure the same happens for games on Nintendo console.

IGN notes that, based on wording, Smith does not say that all the normally multi-platform games will be coming to PlayStaytion and other consoles, and he also doesn't say this will be a thing that goes on forever. This also may not apply to any brand new games that are produced by the studio.

Reactions: InSaNe

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Microsoft has confirmed that Activision/Blizzard games will still release on PlayStation beyond the existing contracts, which should calm some of the worry of several game communities.

President of Microsoft Brad Smith said:
"To be clear, Microsoft will continue to make Call of Duty and other popular Activision/Blizzard titles available on PlayStation through the term of any existing agreement with Activision. And we have committed to Sony that we will also make them available on PlayStation beyond existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love."

He also added that Microsoft is looking to take similar steps to ensure the same happens for games on Nintendo console.

IGN notes that, based on wording, Smith does not say that all the normally multi-platform games will be coming to PlayStaytion and other consoles, and he also doesn't say this will be a thing that goes on forever. This also may not apply to any brand new games that are produced by the studio.