Microsoft... THE SHAME!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The Wolf Said Poofy said:
Im reffering to that fact that a big bulk of the first xbox 360's in the market were affected by the red ring of death syndrome, it really affected the system for quite some time, an it was indeed made into a laughing stock in the gaming world, videos in youtube on how to fix your xbox were made, and also videos ridiculing the poor manufacturing in many of the consoles.

It was a big controversy for sometime, and a laughing stock for many, that microsoft could fail so badly with the manufacturing of consoles, people were scared of buying one, freightened that it might break down.

They have since resolved that, but it was a chapter in it's history. You totally ignored that and gave me a history lesson on its effect on online gaming, no one denies that.

I've simply had a variety of problems with the 360...
1. I have to pay a monthly subscription to play online.
2. I have to deal with the horrible hud.
3. I have have to deal with the crappy manufacturing of xbox headsets and controllers.
4. I have had to deal with mexicans insulting me and children ruining my games.

Now the ps3...
1. You dont have to pay a subscription.
2. I like the HUD
3. I dont have one but i doubt the manufacturing of the accessories it comes with are as cheap as xbox's
4. The fact that 10-15 million more people in america and countries surrounding own xbox more than ps3 gives me the idea that the overall amount of mexicans and small childrens whos parents were to cheap to buy the ps3 would lower in percentage.

Top that off with the fact that favorites such as the god of war series, and metal gear are on playstation ( metal gear apparently coming to xbox and ps3 with 2 games ) and that most of the games i play like rockstar games, and fifa games are available for the ps3, and i care very little about the xbox's exclusives...

Obviously give me a tendency toward owning a ps3.

On top of that i could play many old playstation games through the store that i cant on xbox.

Its my personal feeling.

Also the big love for halo, i HATE...they did this one thing where the dashboard was filled with a counter, i couldnt careless for the dam thing.

Other than gears of war and halo, what huge exclusive titles does the xbox have i personally cant possibly skip? Id be happy to play uncharted and god of war, and mgs 4, the ps3 also has a blue ray drive, and comes with rechargable controllers apparently, something that xbox doesnt for the sake of making you buy a rechargable controller.

Wouldnt surprise me if during an extended period of time, maintaining the xbox accesories and services supersedes the prices needed to own a ps3..

Too lazy to make the quote less gigantic. Thought you meant the original xbox. To be fair the market for ps3 has had the same issues, but also has had multiple hacks where peoples credit card information has been stolen and used to purchase things in their names. I dont enjoy paying a whopping 4$ a month, but the game availability makes it worthwhile. As far as blu rays go, learn to pirate bay, they have bluray rips i put on my flashdrives....

Mexicans and children insulting you? Ahh, a ps3 gamer because you're more casual than on for a good laugh. If children and mexicans are making fun of you, the game is probably old and you are probably horrible, that isn't the xbox's fault. Ps3 is more friendly? Great. 360 is full of douches like me, crayo, and From. We can agree to disagree, both have their positives (as i owned a ps3 specifically for MLB the show) and both have some serious negatives. The real shame, is there is no 3rd system to compare (fuck you wii users) the giant sony and microsoft companies too. I miss you, sega.

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
People also forget that the PS3 had the EXACT same problem known as the yellow light of doom in it's early stages.
The HUD argument isn't a functional argument either sadly since it all comes down to taste and thus is subjective. I respect but your opinion but it cannot be taken as an established truth
The red ring of death was a much bigger factor, i suggest you look up statistics. The yellow light of doom never gt the same reputation as it was not justified.

Regarding the HUD...cmon now, i dont expect you to take it as if im saying that its a fact that it sucks, of course im only giving my personal opinion on it. If i stated it as fact establishing that everyone believes the same, i'd be delusional.

Aids Johnson said:
Too lazy to make the quote less gigantic. Thought you meant the original xbox. To be fair the market for ps3 has had the same issues, but also has had multiple hacks where peoples credit card information has been stolen and used to purchase things in their names. I dont enjoy paying a whopping 4$ a month, but the game availability makes it worthwhile. As far as blu rays go, learn to pirate bay, they have bluray rips i put on my flashdrives....

Mexicans and children insulting you? Ahh, a ps3 gamer because you're more casual than on for a good laugh. If children and mexicans are making fun of you, the game is probably old and you are probably horrible, that isn't the xbox's fault. Ps3 is more friendly? Great. 360 is full of douches like me, crayo, and From. We can agree to disagree, both have their positives (as i owned a ps3 specifically for MLB the show) and both have some serious negatives. The real shame, is there is no 3rd system to compare (fuck you wii users) the giant sony and microsoft companies too. I miss you, sega.
The ps3 had its own problems sure, but i always delete my credit card info for example when i use it on the xbox, im not sure if they would have gotten info that supposedly is not saved to the playstation database. Id have to search that up.

The blue ray excuse is valid for people who dont use torrents and like watching true blu ray definition video on their hd tv's. Its a much more complete piece of hardware in that area in it self, serves good to millions out there. Wouldnt to me as i download through piratebay and have my whole collection through there, but perhaps id buy one here or there to try out the system.

As i said xbox's exclusive games i cant care less for, :pity1: so i guess you loving you xbox is to you.

Mexicans and children screaming obscenities and being noobs is not a totally pleasant thing. I bring down mostly everyone who gets in my way at times verbally and in game, heck when i got bored of black ops at times id play search and destroy just to get in verbal arguments with people for the "fun" of it ,the competition is not a problem, but the eventual annoyance is. like having dogs barking and shitting on your front lawn, you can kick them away but if theres a horde that keeps coming, well then fudge me...:maybe: The servers make it so that everytime i play fifa for example i have to play with mexicans playing as their national team or some mexican club, or when i do wanna talk in gears ( a bit of a quiet game when it comes to people talking compared to others in my experience) many times theres only spanish, its a whole diversity complex that doesnt go perfectly with me. Id bet money because of the stats that the ps3 would not have the same problem.

I gave my reasons as to why i would trade right now if i could, and i just might.

Btw you say "whopping 4 dollars" in a sarcastic manner, yet you say you dont enjoy paying it? 4x12 = 48 dollars, i assume you dont play yearly, otherwise your numbers are fairytales(unless ur in some xbox rewards deal perhaps). 180 dollars in 3 years when it could have been free in ps3? If you were in my shoes i assure you, you would have far less things to justify the payment. As i already explained.

Well, each to his own.

acailler

Reaction score
I give you....THE STEAM BOX

f17ea98881b4beb8b3ae1d21282625ad.jpg

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Both consoles have positives and negatives least we can argue bout it like the Snes and Mega Drive days as it drives the companies forward.

Regards Microsoft losing money its a drop in the ocean really a few companies have had issues recently due to the economy etc... Its nothing to worry bout as they can afford to as things will pick up.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Danielson said:
LOL Bill Gates losing money? What now does he only have 49 billion? LMFAO

:willis:

48.5 :eek:tunga:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
It averages about 4.50 a month, and for me it's worth it the same way people play for mmorpg's and such. I was not trying to sway you to like 360 more, i was just stating the 360 is better, and then backing up my opinions.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Who has told you this? Microsoft makes more than enough money to develop the next generation console...

Also, if Bill Gates dropped $50,000 cash (as you do) it wouldn't be worth him turning around and picking it up as he has already made more than that in the time it'd take him to turn around and pick it up.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Who has told you this? Microsoft makes more than enough money to develop the next generation console...

Also, if Bill Gates dropped $50,000 cash (as you do) it wouldn't be worth him turning around and picking it up as he has already made more than that in the time it'd take him to turn around and pick it up.

Rumors, people talking, blah.

I was like... no way after I seen how well they are doing.

Reaction score
Aids Johnson said:
It averages about 4.50 a month, and for me it's worth it the same way people play for mmorpg's and such. I was not trying to sway you to like 360 more, i was just stating the 360 is better, and then backing up my opinions.

You werent going to sway me in the first place since theres really no reason to or even way, and i think it goes vice versa, it was a discussion of our experiences, good for you that you like your xbox experience and prefer it over a ps3.

Thats not my case and thats all :smug:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Windows is trash. Xbox, however, is simply the king of consoles.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Xbox controller feels much better in my hands than PS controllers. And this comes from a guy who's had only Playstations up until three years ago.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Solidus said:
Windows is trash. Xbox, however, is simply the king of consoles.

Exactly this. :eek:tunga: