Mickie James Signs With TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Though her promo was great on Impact, just hope she doesn't oversadow the match at BFG.

oobydooby

Reaction score
Agreed ,Troy, about the contract, but surely it would only apply if the wrestler left the company of their own accord.

As her contract expired and was not re-newed (or was she fired?), surely she could not be held to it. After all is it a bit unfair that (in theory) anyone should be expected to forego a salary for any amount of time.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is written in to all their contracts that they have to wait 90-days even if they are fired. They do get paid by WWE for those 90 days though so it isn't like WWE aren't forcing them to not work for no money as that would be illegal.

I saw her promo on Impact and honestly I didn't realise that was what she sounded like. I guess I never paid attention to any of her promos in WWE in the past few years and hadn't listened to her voice. The promo was good and it looks like she will be feuding with Tara for the title which is fantastic.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree with you about her promo. I think in WWE Mickie had her weakiness, but overall she was one of the more consistant female performers in the last five years. I am pleased that she has landed on her feet after the way Vince treated her towards the end of her stay there. Chances are she will get paid more for being the star of the Knockouts than she ever did in WWE, and signs are then TNA will use her stronger certainly than in the last two years with the other company.

Not so sure about the Tara feud. As much as I like Tara, she is kind of winding down her career and has only just returned to TNA [which is why she should not have won at BFG], pushing her against James is just like another ex-WWE stars feud, where as I think someone like James would be better served working with people like Love and Rayne grapplers who have made their names with TNA.

Reaction score
Mickie James is a good addition to the Knockouts roster, she brings skills and knowledge some some of the Knockouts they insist on using do not. I really wish that Awesome Kong, Hamada, Sarita & Cheerleader Melissa would have been used more, and on top of that I wish that Daffney was able to get onscreen more. If all those talents were on television, along with the Beautiful People, Tara, Madison Rayne and Taylor Wilde, they could have thee best female roster bar none, even on par with the SHIMMER promotion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Althrough it should have been longer, I was pretty impressived with Jame's full on brawl with Tara at Turning Point. Mickie episcally carried the bout very well. The finish was a bit cheap, but I liked the way their carried on the battle in the back throughout the broadcast. This is one of the more promising feuds in TNA, right now.