• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mickie James Post-WWE Interview Highlights

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mickie_1.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com
Mickie James spoke at length about her recent run in WWE, her thoughts on ageism in the company, and the trash bag post that led to the release of Mark Carrano.

On the Grown Ass Women podcast, Mickie James talked about the last two years of her career, feeling as if the people in charge wanted her to retire from in-ring action.

“I kept feeling these things of 'we want you to retire. We want you to be an agent.'” she said. “It was what they wanted for me. It wasn't that I wasn't grateful for those opportunities, but at the same time, I see the agents and what they have to deal with and go through. They don't get any of the praise or the thanks that they ever deserve, they have to deal with a lot of crap. I don't know if I could personally handle that.”

“I'm just disappointed as a whole with being made to feel old with Depends and a walker and the whole ageism thing,” she commented further. Later in the podcast, the 41-year-old James brought up that many of the men in the company are as old or are older than her, and they are wrestling for championships.

She at one time pitched an idea for an all-female brand, only to be rejected, with someone telling her that an idea like that doesn’t make money.
“There was this moment where I said, 'What if we do an all-female brand?' I could help lead up that and have an awesome team of women....we have the talent, tools, and facilities, we have everything that we need. It would really help all the girls who aren’t getting the television time. I s*** you not...this one person says to me, 'They're never going to do it, ever. Women's wrestling doesn't make money. Evolution was the lowest-rated PPV ever in WWE. I get what you're trying to do, but I don't understand why you're fighting so hard for it. You should play the cards you're dealt and see if there's a way to incorporate that within a show rather than fight for it to be its own show.'”

James also talked about the opportunities that fell by the wayside, including an angle with Chelsea Green that Green mentioned in a recent interview with Fightful.

“I think we missed out on a lot of moments, whether it was me tying Trish's record and Charlotte tied that and beat me or the Chelsea Green angle. I originally pitched [the angle] way back for Liv [Morgan] because I love Liv.”

Regarding the trash bag incident that led to talent relations department senior manager Mark Carrano’s release, James said she emphasized with him, but doesn’t feel too bad. She also mentioned that she had received her gear back the same way ten years ago when she was first released from WWE.

"I know it wasn't a direct thing, like ‘Hey, this is what we think of you’,” she said. “I empathize with Mark and feel bad he's taking the full brunt, it sucks, but I guarantee his pension package is probably more than what I got paid in my last run in WWE. So, I don't feel that bad. He was not happy in that situation. I'm pissed and I don't want to come across as angry, but it is a direct reflection of everything I've experienced in coming back.”

James was released on April 15. The 90-day no compete clause for her and the rest of those released will expire in July.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I guess i'll go into more tomorrow but she was massively disrespected this whole recent run. It's pretty criminal that they had a female legend / future hall of famer and they treated her like some schmuck.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
" James said she emphasized with him, but doesn’t feel too bad. "

Emphasized? who recapped this shit?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Jesus I wonder who was the person or persons who told Mickie no to an All Female Brand. The ladies especially in NXT are so great and one of the most exciting things going with WWE and they say it isn't make money are you smoking Crack? I'm glad she's out of WWE come July I expect her to find work she has plenty left in the Tank and plenty to proof like Taynara did that WWE dropped the ball with them both.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
The thing about woman's wrestling doesn't draw shit is so wrong and it is funny. I remember back in 2019 for 75 percent of the year, Becky Lynch was the the number 1 merch seller. Sasha Banks and Bayley had the highest numbers on their youtube channel and helped SD stay at a 2.1 to 2.3 last year.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I love the women, they've got so many mega talented females across all the brands but I personally wouldn't wanna see a seperate show for them either. Lets be real here, the ratings would fucking stink because they aren't gonna put their main female stars on there so who's gonna tune in every week to see Carmella and Naomi etc.

What they should have though is some actual female representation in the creative and agent side of things to help formulate things and possibly provide a better outlook on things.

It's like JTG said recently:

JTG also noted that the lack of black writers at the time made it difficult for creative to script their promos.

“[The writers] would go to the Urban Dictionary or like, Slang.com or something like that,” JTG said. “Like, ‘Is it cool to say this?’ ‘No, we can’t say molly wop. The kids are not saying that today.’”

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I love the women, they've got so many mega talented females across all the brands but I personally wouldn't wanna see a seperate show for them either. Lets be real here, the ratings would fucking stink because they aren't gonna put their main female stars on there so who's gonna tune in every week to see Carmella and Naomi etc.

What they should have though is some actual female representation in the creative and agent side of things to help formulate things and possibly provide a better outlook on things.

It's like JTG said recently:

JTG also noted that the lack of black writers at the time made it difficult for creative to script their promos.

“[The writers] would go to the Urban Dictionary or like, Slang.com or something like that,” JTG said. “Like, ‘Is it cool to say this?’ ‘No, we can’t say molly wop. The kids are not saying that today.’”

Molly wop :bosque

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL y'all know Patrice O'neal and Kazeem Famuyide were on the staff during some of the points people think this company was called racist right?

Funny thing is, we don't know who's on the creative team, unless they reveal it themselves.

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Do people really want another show like 205 Live? That's what an all women's show would become. It would de-value the women's division more than anything.