Michael Cole's Sit-Down Interview With Dean Ambrose About Fastlane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

One of Dean's best promos to date! And I especially love what he had to say about Lesnar. It's the exact same type of strategy that Ali employed when he defeated Foreman in their legendary bout in Zaire in the 70's.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm starting to get a good feeling about Ambrose picking up the win at Fast Lane. I know I'm likely setting myself up for disappointment (again...), but sometimes it doesn't hurt to have a little hope. :D

Reactions: edge4ever

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Very good promo.

Sucks he'll eat the pin at Fastlane, though.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Just realized that Fastlane is in Ohio, which happens to be Ambrose's home-state lol (well, he actually resides in Las Vegas, but he was born in Ohio. That counts.) Good luck if they think Reigns pinning him there is gonna get him any sort of good ovation. Not that he would likely get a good reaction doing it any other place on earth either, but still.

Anyone remember the last time WWE held a PPV in Ohio? It was last year's Money In The Bank where Ambrose just barely failed to win the title from Rollins in a ladder match, which lead to this emotional post-PPV promo:

How fitting would it be if all these months later, the next time they held a PPV in Ohio was when Ambrose won a shot straight to the main event of Wrestlemania for the WWE Championship that he promised the people of Ohio in the above promo he would win one day?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
What an awesome promo, It gives that facade he has an actual chance of walking out as winner. There are quite a few ways this match ends, I don't see any with Ambrose walking out as winner without them attempting to shove him down our throat as heel #1 (doesnt worK) or turn Reigns (could work, but who does he face?)

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Could see them turn Reigns heel and find a way to insert himself in the ME if Ambrose won. I doubt they'd roll with a triple threat again, though.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I really hope Dean pulls a win over Reigns and Lesnar. Either way this match shall be epic

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'd like to think we could have kept Vince off TV before and had him return to put Reigns over as the face of the company to defeat Ambrose after his win over HHH at WM that same night. That would instantly flip The Authority, get Reigns the kind of heat that would be good for him, and push Ambrose merch sales to the sun. That would be how I would like to see all this go down actually, have HHH force Reigns off the card as a spectator and have Vince Start a new match of Reigns vs Ambrose after Ambrose wins the belt in the Main Event of WM.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'd like to think we could have kept Vince off TV before and had him return to put Reigns over as the face of the company to defeat Ambrose after his win over HHH at WM that same night. That would instantly flip The Authority, get Reigns the kind of heat that would be good for him, and push Ambrose merch sales to the sun. That would be how I would like to see all this go down actually, have HHH force Reigns off the card as a spectator and have Vince Start a new match of Reigns vs Ambrose after Ambrose wins the belt in the Main Event of WM.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
And now there's rumors that they're thinking of turning Dean heel at Fast Lane. :rolleyes:

These rumors were reported by the Inquisitor, so it's best to take them with a grain of salt, but I can't fathom the thought that even they would consider turning him heel just to create another failed effort to get Roman more over. Ambrose got a bigger reaction than Reigns in Reigns' own home-state at the Rumble... What type of reaction do they expect Ambrose to get in his own at Fast Lane?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Inquisitr are full of shit. I'd have nothing against a heel Ambrose, but it'd backfire, as it would get him even more cheered over Reigns.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ambrose has also received consistently strong booking over the last few months, between making it to the finals of the Survivor Series tournament, going 3-0 with KO on PPV, winning the Intercontinental Title, winning a brutal Last Man Standing match AND enduring longer than almost anyone in the Royal Rumble match on the same night, and now main eventing Fast Lane alongside the headliners of last year's WM main event, from which we can expect a very valiant effort from him there as well. With him riding on so much face momentum, now would be the dumbest time to flip him heel, especially for a guy whom the fans are clearly rejecting.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ambrose turning heel wouldn't do any favors to Reigns. Hopefully Vince realizes that. It'd get Ambrose even more cheered, especially if he was pit against Reigns. If anything, Reigns should turn heel once he wins the title from Trips.